eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > How to

Notices

How to Stuck for an answer to "How to do .."?

Old March 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

khaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond repute
Question Joining AVI Parts (avi.001 ...avi.nnn)

Bhailogo, I have downloaded 9 parts of a movie ranging from avi.001 to avi.009. In order to play them they first needs to be joined.

I used hjsplit software for it. The software said that to join all parts, I only need to locate the first part and it will automatically find and join the other parts provided they are in the same folder. But its not working, the software only makes the first part work. I am not even able to locate the other parts manually and feed it into the software.

Toh ab kya karane ka hai

Old March 1st, 2009, 04:34 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Joining AVI Parts (avi.001 ...avi.nnn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaski_khopari View Post
Bhailogo, I have downloaded 9 parts of a movie ranging from avi.001 to avi.009. In order to play them they first needs to be joined.

I used hjsplit software for it. The software said that to join all parts, I only need to locate the first part and it will automatically find and join the other parts provided they are in the same folder. But its not working, the software only makes the first part work. I am not even able to locate the other parts manually and feed it into the software.

Toh ab kya karane ka hai
make sure all the parts have the same file name except for the last 3 digits. all filenames should be xxx.00x format.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute

is it 001.avi --- 009.avi? There is a difference between avi.001 and 001.avi.

Use VirtualDub (open source utility). I've used it to split avi files, but you can also join. Check this out.

Last edited by Ravi; March 2nd, 2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Ruler of Middle Earth

compukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaski_khopari View Post

Toh ab kya karane ka hai
Use quicktime player and it lets you simply copy paste avi files. Google a bit and you will find instructions on how tod o it