eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old July 5th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
GM diet from Monday. Anyone joining me?

As part of my weight loss goal, I completely cut down on rice/pasta and other high calorie stuff. But I also consumed a lot of cold cuts. I did lose quite a bit of weight but the last 3 kgs simply refuse to go. I kinda hit a plateau. So, I am planning on GM diet starting coming Monday. I would love to have company. Is there anyone out there interested in joining me for weight loss and detoxing? This last 3 kgs will put me at the lower end of my ideal BMI (right now, I am right smack in the middle of my ideal BMI range). Here are more details:
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GM diet from Monday. Anyone joining me?

What is GM Diet

GM diet is a weight loss management plan developed by the General Motors Corporation to help keep their employees stay in shape. This diet system involves the consumption of specific foods per day, in contrast to weekly schedules like that of Atkins and South Beach diets. What started as an in-house program for individuals within the General Motors Corporation today has become a worldwide phenomenon. The GM diet plan has grown to be a popular diet plan over time has caught on and today has become very popular with people looking for a diet plan that works.

The GM diet and it’s unique diet plan help your to reduce close to 10-17 lbs in 7 days. Reducing weight is the primary goal, additionally with reduced weight comes the added benefit of feeling good, looking good all translating to a great experience. Not only does it improve the mental state and attitude of the person following the diet course, it also help you to cleanse and detoxify your body. Infact quite a few people follow the diet once every 6 months to cleanse and detoxify primarily rather that weight loss.

Last edited by Rakhi; July 5th, 2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Senior eCharchan

During the first seven days you must abstain from all alcohol

You must drink 10 glasses of water each day

Day One
All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day. Especially watermelon and a loupe. If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three lbs. on first day are very good.

Day Two
All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter.

Day Three
A mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet. No potatoes today.

Day Four
Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk. This will be combined with the special soup which may be eaten in limited quantities.

Day Five
Today is feast day. You will eat beef and tomatoes. Eat two 10 oz. portions of lean beef. Hamburger is OK. Combine this with six whole tomatoes. On day five you must increase your water intake by one quart. This is to cleanse your system of the uric acid you will be producing.

Day Six
Beef and vegetables. Today you may eat an unlimited amount of beef and vegetables. Eat to your hearts content.

Day Seven
Today your food intake will consist of brown rice, fruit juices and all the vegetables you care to consume.

Tomorrow morning you will be 10-17 lbs. lighter than one week ago. If you desire further weight loss, repeat the program again. You may repeat this program as often as you like, however, it is suggested that you are allowed two glasses of white wine in addition to the instructions on the program. You may substitute champagne for white wine. Under no circumstances are you to drink any other alcoholic beverages with the exception of beer which is allowed. Any liquor (bourbon,vodka, rum) is forbidden. Cream drinks are especially forbidden. You may have an occasional cordial such as creme de menthe or schnapps, but you must always limit yourself to two drinks. If you wine, drink only wine that day. If you have beer, drink only beer that day, etc. Alcohol adds empty calories to your diet. However, after the first week it will help your digestion and settle your stomach.

Wonder Soup
The following soup is intended as a supplement to your diet. It can be eaten any time of the day in virtually unlimited quantities. You are encouraged to consume large quantities of this soup.

28 oz, Water, 6 Large Onions, 2 Green Peppers, Whole Tomatoes (fresh or canned), 1 Head Cabbage, 1 Bunch Celery, 4 Envelopes Lipton Onion Soup Mix, Herbs and Flavouring as desired.

Additional Comments
Vegetables as may be taken in the form of a salad if desired. No dressing except malt, white or wine vinegar, squeezed lemon, garlic, herbs. No more than one tea spoon of oil.

You have been given a recipe for the WONDER SOUP which can be eaten in unlimited quantities. This soup is a supplement while you are on the program and it should be a pleasure to eat. Not everyone likes cabbage, green peppers, Celery etc. This recipe is not inflexible. You may substitute vegetables according to your taste. You may add any vegetables you like: asparagus, peas, corn, turnips, green beans, cauliflower, etc. Try to stay away from beans (lima, pinto, kidney, etc.), however, because they tend to be high in calories even though they are very good for you.

Beverages you may consume while on the program :

Water (flavoured with lemon/lime if desired).
Club Soda is OK.

Black Coffee. No cream or cream substitute. No sugar or sweetness.

Black Tea = Herb or Leaf.

Absolutely nothing else except the fruit juices which are part of day seven. No fruit juices before day seven.

Vegetarian version
Day 1. All fruits. All kinds of fruit may be consumed except for bananas. 10-12 glasses of water should be consumed throughout the day.

Day 2. All vegetables. All sorts of vegetables may be consumed during the second day. Potatoes may be served during breakfast to boost energy levels. A mixture of greens and boiled vegetables as well as the GM diet wonder soup may be served during lunch and dinner.

Day 3. Mixture of fruits and vegetables. A mix of fruits and vegetables may be consumed on Day 3, together with 10-12 glasses of water. Bananas are still not allowed in this day.

Day 4. Banana and milk. Skim milk and banana, together with the GM wonder soup or any type of vegetable soup may be served on this day. For Indian practitioners, yogurt may be served instead of skim milk.

Day 5. Brown rice, curd and tomatoes. Soybean curd or 1 cup of brown rice may be used as a substitute for beef, or a cup of cottage cheese. Tomatoes are important to match with the day’s meal, along with cucumbers.

Day 6. Brown rice and vegetables. On Day 6, brown rice or other beef substitute will be matched with vegetables, but potatoes are still restricted. It is best to consume cottage cheese and soybean curd in vegetable bowls.

Day 7. Brown rice, vegetables and fruits. Two cups of brown rice may be consumed together with unlimited servings of vegetables and fruits. Fruit juice may also be taken along with 8-10 glasses of water.
Old July 5th, 2013, 08:45 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

I tried this in 2003. My weight before this program was 94 Kg. After a week it dropped to 90.5 KG. It was the closest i had been in this century to 90 KG. A week after the end of GM Diet, my wieght was 94.5.
Old July 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

95 Kilograms, it is too much

jeetIAF
Old July 5th, 2013, 11:15 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com

Last edited by badriprasad; July 9th, 2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Deleted myself to save Sir Ungal and his friend trouble. Intended member was able to read ... purpose served. :)
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
As part of my weight loss goal, I completely cut down on rice/pasta and other high calorie stuff. But I also consumed a lot of cold cuts. I did lose quite a bit of weight but the last 3 kgs simply refuse to go. I kinda hit a plateau. So, I am planning on GM diet starting coming Monday. I would love to have company. Is there anyone out there interested in joining me for weight loss and detoxing? This last 3 kgs will put me at the lower end of my ideal BMI (right now, I am right smack in the middle of my ideal BMI range). Here are more details:

Yes , me me me . But you will have post to regularly . Aur batana hoga what did you eat today
Old July 6th, 2013, 01:16 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
95 Kilograms, it is too much

jeetIAF

It is still lower than 225-230 lbs i am now (keeps changing in this range). Way beyond the higher end of the BMI. Of course if you look at my friday evening posts, you will find out the reason.

I am not really keen on changing my current physical situation. I am below 6'.
Old July 6th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I tried this in 2003. My weight before this program was 94 Kg. After a week it dropped to 90.5 KG. It was the closest i had been in this century to 90 KG. A week after the end of GM Diet, my wieght was 94.5.
I did this before and thankfully I lost 4 kgs. However, I was very careful not to go back to unhealthy eating habits. So, I didnt put on that lost pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post

Rakhiji ... namaskaram. Hope life is being fair. It has been some time since we compared notes last. It has been good to have an extra hour every day . Lekin besharam Swamiji mere ko bullakar khud baag gaya.

Now to your post ... all this bulldung? From you of all the people? Not from you ... not from you Rakhiji. Have some respect for your body. She is smarter than you think. She will fight tooth and nail to hold onto those 3 remaining precious kilos ... this is for your own well being. You are at mid-range of your ideal BMI number. Good enough considering BMI is not a reliable method to judge ones desired weight. For an Indian lady taking care of a young family ... you deserve to be complimented for BMI range between 22/23.

What you should be doing now is start a regimen of maintaining this current weight. Is what you should be doing. Count carbohydrates ... not calories ... helps, more so if you are into Indian food. But don't go on cursing weighing scale if it shows a gain (water) of couple of kilos just a day or two before start of women's cycle thing.

I think so.
Badriji, thank you. How are you? Long time no see?

I want to lose this excess 3 kgs ji. I cannot rest until then. GM is more like detoxing and not exactly for weight loss. All it does is cleanses your system. It doesnt burn fat. thats OK with me. I want this cleansing. Like I said, too many cold cuts in the past few months.

I do log in everything I eat every single day to maintain my weight. I intend to do this for as long as I can. That does help me maintain. I am not much into Indian food. Can go for days without one. And yes, I am not checking before or immediately after cycle; thanks for the note. Not many people know this.
I started making sure that I eat only 1200 or less calories everyday for me to lose 2 lb a week. Started this the day I stopped breast feeding. Lost all the baby weight in 5 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia View Post
Yes , me me me . But you will have post to regularly . Aur batana hoga what did you eat today
Well, if we want to share notes, we probably should share what we are going to eat on Monday today itself. On Tuesday morning I will tell you if I managed to follow everything said or I ended up cheating.

Monday:

Coffee, large: cant do without this
breakfast: 1 cup cantaloupe, 1/2 cup pineapple
snack: 1 cup water melon
Lunch: 1 mango, 1/2 cup cantaloupe
snack: Orange
Dinner: Same as lunch

Lets see if we can do it. Not sure if the said portions are going to be enough though. If I am hungry, I will sure eat more fruits.

Last edited by Rakhi; July 6th, 2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old July 6th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Of course if you look at my friday evening posts, you will find out the reason.

I shifted from regular to skinny drinks. Its only on weekends, I am nit sure if this would make such a big difference.
Old July 6th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I did this before and thankfully I lost 4 kgs. However, I was very careful not to go back to unhealthy eating habits. So, I didnt put on that lost pounds.

Badriji, thank you. How are you? Long time no see?

I want to lose this excess 3 kgs ji. I cannot rest until then. GM is more like detoxing and not exactly for weight loss. All it does is cleanses your system. It doesnt burn fat. thats OK with me. I want this cleansing. Like I said, too many cold cuts in the past few months.

I do log in everything I eat every single day to maintain my weight. I intend to do this for as long as I can. That does help me maintain. I am not much into Indian food. Can go for days without one. And yes, I am not checking before or immediately after cycle; thanks for the note. Not many people know this.
I started making sure that I eat only 1200 or less calories everyday for me to lose 2 lb a week. Started this the day I stopped breast feeding. Lost all the baby weight in 5 months.

Well, if we want to share notes, we probably should share what we are going to eat on Monday today itself. On Tuesday morning I will tell you if I managed to follow everything said or I ended up cheating.

Monday:

Coffee, large: cant do without this
breakfast: 1 cup cantaloupe, 1/2 cup pineapple
snack: 1 cup water melon
Lunch: 1 mango, 1/2 cup cantaloupe
snack: Orange
Dinner: Same as lunch

Lets see if we can do it. Not sure if the said portions are going to be enough though. If I am hungry, I will sure eat more fruits.
Hmmm okay
Old July 6th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: GM diet from Monday. Anyone joining me?

What is your weight now ?

Old July 7th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

asking age or weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budmaas View Post
What is your weight now ?

Old July 7th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: GM diet from Monday. Anyone joining me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
asking age or weight

just tell asking weight covers both ....

Old July 7th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is still lower than 225-230 lbs i am now (keeps changing in this range). Way beyond the higher end of the BMI. Of course if you look at my friday evening posts, you will find out the reason.

I would have been same, had maintaining weight not been a professional compulsion. I would have been like those Sardars of delhi, when they sit on scooter only their ass is on seat and everything just hangs around

jeetIAF