eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old January 29th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Ek aur visphot and Yashwant... 2 reviews.

2 reviews in one.

First I got Ek aur visphot. Why? I must have been terribly high or had a momentary lapse of sanity.. either ways it does not matter. I just took it home and guess what? In another unlucky moment of complete insanity, actually inserted the DVD into my DVD player. Even the DVD player looked at me quizzically but I ignored it.

Ok the movie stars some param-chewtiya Makrand Deshpande and some chick Bhavana rathod. Makrand Deshpande is the commissioner of some town which has one bad guy.. razaa muraad.. His kingpins are all high up in the administration. The movie opens with raza murad complaining to the minister, the commissioner, the lawyer and whoever else in the vicinity about the honest commissioner who wont take bribe so he can build a high rise. (We are yet to see the hero..). I was expecting a real hero like nana patekar but got disappointed. This fellow.. looks like mikey mouse with veerapan's mustache with a voice like he is wearing his underwear a couple of sizes small. Anyways.. beauty is only skin deep so I said lets see.. He is shown cleaning a photo of ambedkar and that Mahatma Gandu. (Don't all honest officials do that?). He becomes talk of the town and a TV interviews him and so on and soforth..

Next day morning a girl drops in with a bunch of flower interview him, prints his interview and then pronto falls in love. To make long story short, the girl's brother, raza murad everyone conspires against the hero, put him thru trial where he is declared INSANE and sent to a loony bin.. So far I tolerated. I expected this guy to hatch up some revenge.. and lo and behold he does.. he recruites 3 more complete lunatics to help him take revenge.. this is where I got convinced the director, in reality is trying to send me to the loony bin and was actually deep frying my brain cells. I switched off the movie to spare myself torture.

So, what did I do next you ask.. since I wanted to see nana patekar in the previous movie, I got another one.. this one called Yashwant. My luck.. my rotten luck.. this movie is ALSO ABOUT A HONEST OFFICER. Yashwant.. Nana does some heroic encounters, gets hurt, speaks some hefty dialogue and gets his wife appointed as deputy collector.

Now this is where I completely lost it.. His wife comes home from her first day of work. Nana and His wife (played by some no name.c who looks like vaijaintimala with a heavy onset of constipation) are in bed next to each other. Nana is trying to get it on with her and she is unresponsive.. Haaa.. Nana kknows whats troublign her.. he says.. hmm.. let me help you with your tension.. mere l*nd par haath rakho aur kasam khao.. mai yada yadaa.. pure imandari se.. (the shot being shown is Nana on top of her).. apne kaam karungi (Nana and she are straddling in a rather hitherto-unheardof-weird position).. Nishpaksh ho kar gareebon se seva karungi.. (They both are sitting in another suggestive position).. aur nishpaksh apna kartavya nibhaungi (Now nana is kissing her neck and almost threatening to squeeze her breasts).. bharat ke samvidhaan ko apnon ke fayde ke liye.. (now the heroine is holding nana like she will mount him if he does not quickly).. kabhi nahi istemal karungi.. chahe vo mera pati hi kyoon naa ho. Now the heroine is shown with a satisfaction on her face.. dunno what they did during that oath though.. cos the heroine was fully clothed while nana was partially clothed..

My bejaa was going to explode so I switched off my DVD, cursed my luck, kicked myself a couple of times for renting those movies..

Have not finished yashwant yet though.. planning on finishing it today.

Last edited by GpeL; January 29th, 2003 at 08:00 AM.
Old January 29th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
hehe

Abay aajkal time is aisa chal raha hai... mainey bhi do solid movies dekhi is week Will chhapo the review soon.

btw... Yashwant is almost 6 years old. Abhi kaiku dekha?
Old January 29th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
2 reasons.. I wanted to see nana patekar having expected him or someone similar to him in ek aur visphot (kyaa dum daar title hai.. ) and I found someone who escaped from disney world instead..

reason number 2... most of other nana movies I have seen already.. and this one I had not seen.
Old January 29th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
U seen Ankush?
Old January 29th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Pelu Pelu

Yup.. many times.
Old January 30th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Pelu Pelu

2nd half of Yashwant has another so called sex scene (basically show the hero and heroine rolling on the bed).. and thats about it nothing much to add.. Nana has done the drunk role very nicely.. perhaps he was really drunk.. over all futus movie.. mat dekhnaa.
Old January 30th, 2003, 12:36 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute
Ek Kamm kareye .. Makdee dekhna

Complete Bheja Fry hai ..
Old January 30th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
Originally posted by JaiSpeaks
Ek Kamm kareye .. Makdee dekhna

Complete Bheja Fry hai ..
Mangaaya hoon naa. fikar nat.. dekhunga jarur.
Old January 30th, 2003, 12:49 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute
Yaar .. Shabana ko Dekhna yaar . Dil khush ho jayega
Old January 30th, 2003, 12:54 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

Vaise .. abhi talak kissi ne " Sherni ka Shikar" ka review nahi diya
Old January 30th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
Originally posted by JaiSpeaks
Vaise .. abhi talak kissi ne " Sherni ka Shikar" ka review nahi diya
Film ke naam sun kar su su ho gayaa.. movie kyaa dekunga.

JS.. you from hyd?

Yaar koi acha desi pondy kaa naam batao yaar.
Old January 31st, 2003, 05:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ek aur visphot and Yashwant... 2 reviews.

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
2 reviews in one.

Ok the movie stars some param-chewtiya Makrand Deshpande and some chick Bhavana rathod.
this increases no. of words in my vocab by 1...thanks GPeL....
Old January 31st, 2003, 05:32 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
yashwant is one of the worst nana films.

but GP i am a fan of markand deshpande. he is a recognised solid art film actor, in the naseerudin shah mould. but i have not seen the film you mentioned.
Old January 31st, 2003, 07:26 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Film ke naam sun kar su su ho gayaa.. movie kyaa dekunga.

JS.. you from hyd?

Yaar koi acha desi pondy kaa naam batao yaar.
Yaar kasam se .. i havent seen a desi pondy in my whole life .. jo bhi dekha videsee maal .

Pure Mumbaite ...
Old January 31st, 2003, 07:40 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

Ek Yaad aya ...

Nearly 4 months pehle ek desi pondy dekhi thi . Not a regular B-grade movie . It was like a actual couple in a honeymoon and they captured it on tape and put it on the mainstream internet . bas yeh ek hi tha ..