eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old December 14th, 2001, 05:43 AM
khopdion ka khopdi

khopdi is on a distinguished road
Adopt hot pursuit, party tells PM; give me more time, he replies

Enact anti-terror law, destroy terrorist camps in PoK: BJP

Press Trust of India

New Delhi, Decemeber 14: A day after the terror attack on Parliament, the BJP on Friday emphasised on the need for enacting the anti-terrorism law, following the policy of hot pursuit of terrorists and destroying terrorist training camps in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK).

''We should take a decision as early as possible on a pro-active policy against terrorists. There is also need for hot pursuit of terrorists and destroying of PoK terrorist training camps," party spokesman V.K. Malhotra told reporters after a group of BJP MPs met Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee.

They said government should adopt the stand similar to the one taken by the US in Afghanistan following the September 11 attacks, he said. "The party is of the view that POTO should get Parliamentary approval and if the Opposition stalls Parliament on the issue, the government should re-promulgate the ordinance," he said.

Malhotra said the government must ensure passage of the anti-terrorism Bill which was needed in view of the prevailing circumstances.

Malhotra said Home Minister L.K. Advani will make a statement in Parliament on December 18 on Thursday’s attack and a detailed discussion would follow.

On the role the party saw for the US in the wake of the attack, Malhotra said: "The US should support India's fight against terrorism. Otherwise they will be seen adopting different standards on terrorism."

He hit out at the Congress for describing the terrorist attack as a "monumental security lapse". "It shows the attitude of the Congress when the entire nation is fighting the menace of terrorism. It is wrong on the part of the Congress to talk in such a tone," he said.

The PM however later reacted to this by saying that the government needed more time to decide its policy. "I can't answer this question now," he told reporters. He also suggested that India was not viewing Thursday's attack as an "act of war", as the US had done with the September 11 attack.

Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pramod Mahajan also declined to comment on the possibility of adopting a "hot pursuit" policy, though he made clear references to the possibility that the attack could have been carried out by Pakistan-sponsored terrorists. "All of us know that terrorism in this country is sponsored by our neighbour," Mahajan said

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=5528
Old December 14th, 2001, 06:34 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adopt hot pursuit, party tells PM; give me more time, he replies

Quote:
Originally posted by khopdi
He also suggested that India was not viewing Thursday's attack as an "act of war", as the US had done with the September 11 attack.
How sad... its not an act of war? I am so sorry some MP's were not killed.. and they should have been congress MP's and then it would have been an act of war.
Old December 14th, 2001, 06:41 AM
Aaapka Dost

Rahul will become famous soon enoughRahul will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Re: Adopt hot pursuit, party tells PM; give me more time, he replies

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL

How sad... its not an act of war? I am so sorry some MP's were not killed.. and they should have been congress MP's and then it would have been an act of war.
but in that case its gonna be act of war from congress not BJP, is saaley ki to dhoti utar ke do jutte marne chahiye. I remember this guy speech when he was in opposition, now why cant he do that, what he used to say
Old December 14th, 2001, 06:44 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Bechaari Janata Party

Hot pursuit????????? Hell even this BJP is all about HOT GAS!!!!!

Etrenally constipated govt this!!..SHAME ON EM!
Old December 14th, 2001, 07:34 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all

Hot pursuit...... come on. The old man cant walk properly without getting his knee operated....you think he will allow our army to go on hot pursuit.

The next session of parliament, they he will come out with a poem on the dead policemen and their widows.

And after a few weeks everybody will have forgotten about it and then the whole story will repeat itself.

Read in the papers today that advani says lets do hot pursuit, but jaswant singh and our so called defence minister are aginst it.

Today is friday, maybe these chakaas need to go and beg at some traffic signal. They dont belong in our government.

Bloody bastards.
Old December 14th, 2001, 07:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Hi Padhu, could you please give your comments on this article?

http://headlines.sify.com/373news4.html

I had posted this link on another thread, but posting it here also.
Old December 14th, 2001, 08:22 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all

yeah yeah...i read the article....and thi sis not the first time that i am hearing this.

BUT

If my knowledge goes, the Indian government had toyed with the idea a couple of years back when the militancy was just beginning to eat into us. At that time, the so called PM (Rajiv Gandhi) was in the mood for an all-out wipe out of camps in PoK.....but at that time, our relations with the US were pretty sour and the only aly that we would have would be russia.

Today the game is different, today eac and every nation is bothered about terrorism, so if the kind of support that has been shown to India by world leaders is to be believed then if India doesn't do anything then we are in a bad shape.

The Washington Post and the New York times till a few years back refused to call on names for such activities, but todays newspaper directly blames Pakistan for this. Infact most of them say that Mushraf has absolutely no control over his rogue military and the terrorist groups.....and the US congress, the State Department and the President know this.

So if we launch a counter attack on the camps then i dont think pakistan would be in much of a position to hit back at US becuase the US media is already hoping for India to behave just like Isreal and the US.

The problem is the timing...... if we delay in an attack then the incident would loose a little momentum with the world media and governments plus give ample time to the terror groups to either move to diff camps or just work out another plot.

I can assure you that if our Government doesnt do anything this time, and such a thing happens again...then the BJP will fall...and if that happens , then we are a soft state.