eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old November 12th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Double meaning movie title game

Phew... lots of work... exhausted. Have never before worked 5 hrs a day for a whole week. Completely tired. Who in his/her sane mind will work 5 hrs a day for so long

Well... want to enjoy and relax the rest of the week... something light. Maybe this has been done... but if it is fun, let's do it again... what's wrong in that... even Preima pai likes to do it again and again

Double-meaning movie names... a la Dada Khondke style. But let's have some rules... and regulations. The title of the movie should be subtle... nothing explicit. And a brief synopsis of the movie... the story itself can be as adult-natured as you can think of. Bas... that's all. The movie title can be in any language.

Baburao Salute Martho (Marathi... now should that be martho or marthos )

Synopsis: Baburao is a simple village bumpkin... something that Dada Khondke excelled in and was imitated by Govinda in some movies. Lazes around and has the usual fun teasing village belles. One day he is insulted and ridiculed by the village elders for being a complete nincompoop and he ends up joining the army. And here he is trained into a proper assualt-machine. One day his soldier friends take him to an area where he learns how to salute properly

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Double meaning movie title game

Dham Taklya Bam Padtho

This bald muslim farter is so frustrated by the constant teasing from near ones and far ones that he decides to take matters into his hands and becomes a suicide bomber and he gives two hoots as to who dies because of this. And politicans make the most of the situation.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 13th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Ek Phool Do maali:
Sorry no synopsis...had seen movie as a kid...dont remember anything except a song and that wicked eyed lady.

Lage Raho Munna Bhai: Title is lifted from a cheesy adult movie " LAge raho Raja Bhaiya"... it is a story of a small time gangster who falls in love with an RJ and to woo her try to pose as a gandhian...

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: Title obviously refers to sexual tension among friends of opposite sex...... Haven't seen the whole movie... but it goes like this... Two college friends get married, wife dies, widower meets his best friend from college and discovers that the abhi bhi kuchkuch hota hai...

Maine Pyaar Kiya: Obviously, Pyaar is not something you get over with like you had breakfast or had a bath... pyaar connotes here the physical manifestation of love.
Typical rich guy-poor gal story... guy leaves everything for her and finally finds pyaar.

Dilwaale dulhaniya le jayenge: It is not double entendre... it is entendre itself... Dilwaale is plural... dulhaniya is singular... lena, you all know is what... need I say more...
Rich spoilt guy... middle class traditional girl... both fell... guy managed to convince the girl ka baap in bhagaaofying her.

Haathi mere Saathi: I know there is something wrong with this title...can't put my finger on it...
Forgot the story... zookeeper/circus-owner and rich girl's love strory...

Johnny Mera Naam: Isn't it obvious.
Forgot the storyline.

Dil Hai ki maanta nahin: It is not Dil they are talking about...

Rich girl fled from home falls in love with a broke journalist.

More later...

Old November 13th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post

More later...
Wrong thread buddy... no one asked for explanations for existing movies. This thread is for you to invent new names... of movies you may want to make in the future (when you have enough dough)... and you are supposed to provide a brief storyline to support the title.

Rani Raja par marti hai (Hindi)

Synopsis: The leading lady, Rani, sees Raja for the first time and falls head-over-heels in love... without realizing that Raja is a A-number heal. After a lot of chasing and squeezing, she finally has her wish and in a steamy sexy scene as she climbs over her lover and takes the top position, she has a cardiac arrest and dies. The rest of the movie is on what Raja does next

Old November 15th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Hey... what happened? This thread was supposed to win a crown this week... c'mon guys... this did not even make the trending crowd... a total bummer... a complete fiasco

Mantric Bhogey (Hindi)

This movie is about a born loser who has one good thing going for him... a physical handicap. While the world longs for such a handicap, our hero walks to all corners of the world to shorten it The movie is about his trails and travails around the world.

Old November 15th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Double meaning movie title game

Peeche Ki Chhoad, Agey Ki Soch - Hindi film by Dada Kondke

Censors later forced him to edit the title and it was just Agey Ki Soch but there is a song in it - Peeche ki chhooad, agey ki soch.

Must watch song - Agey ki Soch
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Andheri Raat Mein Diya Tere Haath Mein - Another comedy block buster by Dada Kondke with Amjad Khan.
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

andheri raat mein diya tere haat mein....DI of diya was raswa which means to give and not dirgha DI which means a lamp.
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Peeche Ki Chhoad, Agey Ki Soch - Hindi film by Dada Kondke

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
andheri raat mein diya tere haat mein....DI of diya was raswa which means to give and not dirgha DI which means a lamp.
Sh*gar... I really didn't think I was so bad. People have been complaining... and have asked me to repeat very often what I say... they do it all the time. But this is the ultimate. Really... really... is it my problem, am I this bad in expressing my ideas I mean, how else can I explain

Old November 16th, 2010, 09:12 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
in both cases, the EE matra of diya is rhaswa
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
ok..forgive my bad devnagri..
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Sh*gar... I really didn't think I was so bad. People have been complaining... and have asked me to repeat very often what I say... they do it all the time. But this is the ultimate. Really... really... is it my problem, am I this bad in expressing my ideas I mean, how else can I explain
ok..i am going to caste you in my next movie,CHudail kee suhagraat..
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
Nope Sir, Mlan is right...
दीया : earthen lamp (with दीर्घ स्वर)
दिया: given, or similar meaning.(with ह्रस्व स्वर)

Old November 16th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Nope Sir, Mlan is right...
दीया : earthen lamp (with दीर्घ स्वर)
दिया: given, or similar meaning.(with ह्रस्व स्वर)
thanks for backing me....now peaceseeker is the one who needs devnagri lessons
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Chagan Ram Kar Gaya Kaam

Synopsis: Well as the name says, our hero is a closeted gay guy... a la what Vigink pai was before he came out. It features a lot of escapades that our hero undergoes before coming out open.

Old November 16th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
ok..i am going to caste you in my next movie,CHudail kee suhagraat..
Can I get a brief storyline of this movie, Chudail kee Suhaagraat? What is the double-meaning in the title? Please...