eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old April 11th, 2011, 02:29 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Muslims form just 3 percent of Indian armed forces

copy/paste--

A lot of hue and cry was raised over the so-called census of Muslims in Indian Army. After the Sachar panel had hinted that the number of Muslims in the armed forces could be sought, there was opposition from several sections against the proposed headcount on basis of religion.

There is no official report. However, the strength of Muslims is roughly around 3 % and the figure comes around 29,000 in the million-strong Indian army, according to news channel CNN IBN's programme titled Minority Report.

If the number of Muslims serving in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) infantry that has over 50% Muslims and those in other wings not directly dealing with warfare are excluded, the proportion is definitely too low. So out of a Muslim population of nearly 150 million (15 crore), barely 29,000 Muslims were found suitable for Army.

There has been a lot of controversy but these figures don't surprise or sadden me. The fact remains that if competent, a Muslim can rise in India to the highest position in any services including army, and has more chances than any other country.

This is my belief despite all the charges of discrimination, communal riots and experiences of bias. There are Muslim officers serving in Indian army at senior levels. IH Latif rose to the position of Air Chief Marshal.

In communal riots, army has always been welcomed by Hindus and Muslims alike, as the local police is often charged of biases. But army's neutrality remains undisputed. Lately there have been efforts to increase the strength of Muslims and other minorities in army, paramilitary forces and police. These steps will hopefully change the situation.

http://www.anindianmuslim.com/2006/0...ount-3-or.html

Last edited by ashdoc; April 11th, 2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old April 11th, 2011, 02:35 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Muslims form just 3 percent of Indian armed forces

Is there any bias against their recruitment , some inborn mistrust , or is it that they themselves do not want to fight against Pakistan ( to put it bluntly ) ??
Old April 11th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Banned

Arbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Is there any bias against their recruitment , some inborn mistrust , or is it that they themselves do not want to fight against Pakistan ( to put it bluntly ) ??
You cannot directly relate the composition of indian army to indian population. The numbers are very skewed. West Bengal’s population is eight time of Uttaranchal, but both provide same number of recruits. Panjab’s population is half of gujrat but provides four times of recruits. Tamil nadu has more population than rajastan, but later provides more recruits.

Years back, I went for a SSB interview. The usual question to me was – why you want to join army? I gave the usual answer – I want to serve my motherland. The usual response – anybody doing his job honestly is serving his motherland, so why army? My answer – good point sir, so what do you want me to do? Would you recommend me some other career?

Since, I wasn’t allowed to fight against paskistan ; I serve my motherland by doing my job very honestly. I also participate in nationalist movement through forums and twitter. The other day I retweeted lots of tweets in support of Hazare. I honked horn of my car and joined the crowd cheering after india won world cup. Sometimes I light candle at my home to show solidarity to some burning issues as when they are shown on TV.
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

shruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbaaz Balushi View Post

Years back, I went for a SSB interview. The usual question to me was – why you want to join army? I gave the usual answer – I want to serve my motherland. The usual response – anybody doing his job honestly is serving his motherland, so why army? My answer – good point sir, so what do you want me to do? Would you recommend me some other career?

Since, I wasn’t allowed to fight against paskistan ;
It's because you didn't show any inclination of bribing them.

Quote:

The other day I retweeted lots of tweets in support of Hazare. I honked horn of my car and joined the crowd cheering after india won world cup. Sometimes I light candle at my home to show solidarity to some burning issues as when they are shown on TV.
Supporting Anna Hazare or other burning issues will only harm motherland. Because they have all been fabricated by Americans to fufill their colonial agenda. It's a run up to U. S. colonial rule in India. PM Manmohan has seen through their plans and hence is resisting it.
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Banned

Arbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruthi_ks View Post

Its not about bribing, one need to be as patriotic as a hindu. A patriotic hindu can kill and maul his own kin to get an opportunity to serve motherland.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/stampede-...p/97465-3.html

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-189935691.html

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...itment-process
Old April 11th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

Hindus, Sikhs etc.. only have (as Indians) the Indian Army to join.
Muslims have multiple choices!
If ALL the Muslims, employed with the various 'armies' are accounted for, then the %age is bound to change dramatically.
Old April 11th, 2011, 08:21 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Ashdoc, can you also post religionwise literacy rates ?
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old April 11th, 2011, 08:22 AM
aam aurat

Parijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond reputeParijataka has a reputation beyond repute

I think the quota is there based on state wise population from what I read recently -

11 per cent Armymen are from Bihar
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

British recruited the Indian army on the basis of martial races theory, none of the present racial stock of indian muslim was martial, baloch, punjabis, pathans bengalis and qaimkhanis joined pakistan. recruitment on the basis of martial race theory gave birth to tradition of joining armed forces, for instance both army chief of india and pakistan are third generation serviceman. indian muslims are not in the tradition.

Quote:
You cannot directly relate the composition of indian army to indian population. The numbers are very skewed. West Bengal’s population is eight time of Uttaranchal, but both provide same number of recruits. Panjab’s population is half of gujrat but provides four times of recruits. Tamil nadu has more population than rajastan, but later provides more recruits.

Since, I wasn’t allowed to fight against paskistan ; I serve my motherland by doing my job very honestly. I also participate in nationalist movement through forums and twitter. The other day I retweeted lots of tweets in support of Hazare. I honked horn of my car and joined the crowd cheering after india won world cup. Sometimes I light candle at my home to show solidarity to some burning issues as when they are shown on TV.
you do enough for the nation or as much as you can do now. rejected people include big names like rahul dravid, amithabh bacchan and the greatest APJ Abdul Kalam. Abdul hameed got PVC in 65 war, IH Latif was most instrumental in bringing in Jaguar in IAF. Major Gen(retd) afsir karim is best expert on kashmir and pakistan and right now commander of J&K is S Hasnain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruthi_ks View Post
you will not get selected even if you bribe

Quote:
Its not about bribing, one need to be as patriotic as a hindu. A patriotic hindu can kill and maul his own kin to get an opportunity to serve motherland.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/stampede-...p/97465-3.html

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-189935691.html

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...itment-process
aapka gussa jayaz hai but please spare army, it is very big organization, if you are aware of Sukhna Land Scam, Lt gen PK Rath was punished for irregularities with in months of the scam and i can tell you, all the Adarsh scammers with in reserve period will be punished as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalthinker View Post
If ALL the Muslims, employed with the various 'armies' are accounted for, then the %age is bound to change dramatically.
funny............

jeetIAF
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:33 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Muslims form just 3 percent of Indian armed forces
thats good noh? if they become 50, it will become al-hindustan armed forces
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Banned

Jeet pai, no ghussa, its was a response to ashdoc's 'bluntness'.

I too can produce a list of brave muslims in indian army. Thats not important. But I am very curious to know, perhaps you could help - is there any indian muslim who is convicted for treachery in indian armed forces? No need for link, even something which you have heared will do. No need for very high profile spy cases, even a petty bribe case will also do.
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalthinker View Post
Talking of percentage, if you look at religion wise population of india and religion of netas in parliament, hindus are over-represented in parliament. Going by the comments on newspaper sites, forums, corruption and lokpal drama, etc., all believe sabhi ka neta chor hai and fcuking the country. As majority netas are hindu, does that mean a hindu is mad**ch*d?

I don’t believe so, do you?
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:57 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Talking of percentage, if you look at religion wise population of india and religion of netas in parliament, hindus are over-represented in parliament. Going by the comments on newspaper sites, forums, corruption and lokpal drama, etc., all believe sabhi ka neta chor hai and fcuking the country. As majority netas are hindu, does that mean a hindu is mad**ch*d?

I don’t believe so, do you?
dont get senti. if there is one thing where hindus score over muslims, its netagiri. which is good for muslims. muslims r a level higher than hindus in digging graves of their own brethren.
indians are largely same, hindu ho ya musalman ya sikh ya christian. muslims tend to showoff their hollow unity in the name of religion more frequently, they get violent quickly. in retaliation, hindus have been forced to show off their hollow unity and little violence too. politicians gain from this hollowness. lets appreciate their smartness. if they r mostly hindus, lets call hindus smarter politicians than muslim counterparts.

Last edited by PeaceSeeker; April 12th, 2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old April 12th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

Most 'successful netas' are 'secular!
In India 'secular=ANTI-HINDU. Calling secular netas Hindus is actually an insult to the Hindus. But 'Hindus' are even otherwise the 2nd class citizens of India.
So, Hindus are grist for ANY charges!
Old April 13th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Its good that we dont have mozlums in our forces. in case of jihad, atleast they ll be easy to control. noh?