eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old November 16th, 2011, 10:24 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Ashdoc's movie review--Rockstar

spoiler alert !!

So what does it require in you to become a star ??

What's that special thing ??

What makes you different ??

What makes you stand out among the less-than-ordinary folks , so that people will say--look , this is a STAR !!

The hero ( Ranbir Kapoor ) goes about searching for the answer to this question in his quest to become a rock singer and gets the answer---you need to have some special pain , some desperate unfulfilled ( but of course !! ) longing in your life that fuels the fire in you , that makes you churn out memorable numbers and performances , again and again....

So he goes about searching for this special pain , and thinks that this can be found only in falling in love with this girl.....

But where's the pain ??

It can only be found after he gets to romance her , and yet loses her to someone else--again and again and again.....

AAHHHH !! now thats real pain !!

But what a pain....err , girl !!

She has multiple suleimani rehmani haraaaaami keedas up her *** , and wants to fulfill her wild fantasies before she gets married---to poke peeing people on the streets into embarrasment , to dancing like a chhamiya in ladies bars , tease whores in the red light area....phew !!

Now if only I got introduced to such a girl , I too would give up my profession to become docstar....err , rockstar.....

But whats required to become not just a star but a rockstar is to be a bad boy.....( hello Salman , hello Sanjay Dutt )

And that bad boy behaviour should displayed on the streets , in open brawls with fans , in fisticuffs with police officers.....

The credit must go to Ranbir Kapoor for playing this role all too well , powering creditable intensity and zany madness into his acting .

But the real rockstar is singer Mohit Chauhan !!

For he sings some memorably hummable numbers giving playback singing to Jordan--the name given to Ranbir Kapoor's selfdestructive avtar in the film.

And the girl ( Nargis Fakhri )??

She meets jordan again and again in the film--in the campuses of Delhi , in Kashmir's beautiful countryside , in parag ( as Prague is called in the film ) , to fuel his wanton passions , to give impetus his budding creativity.....

But he never gets her.....not really.....and what we get to listen due his pain of not getting her is some decent music....

In the end she dies with him at her bedside.....

Question is--will this loss be enough to power a lifetime of rocking and singing ??

But why be selfish for listening to good music and want him to lose her ??

Relax....

As the poet-philosopher Rumi reminds us in the film--'' In some time and place where normal laws and rules of the world dont apply , we will surely meet.....''

Certainly so....amen to that !!

Verdict on the movie--decent enough.....

Last edited by ashdoc; November 16th, 2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's movie review--Rockstar

hmmmmmmmmm... do not know what to say

Old November 16th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Are....yeh tow waapis aa gayaa..

Welcome back daagtar.
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

This movie was reviewed in another thread by GameOn Sahib ... It looks like you watch a movie every weekend.
Old November 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
hmmmmmmmmm... do not know what to say
Bol na

Sent from my iPhone.
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Kaha gaya tha ? CHINA ?

Good review Ashdoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Are....yeh tow waapis aa gayaa..

Welcome back daagtar.
Old November 20th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good film ! I dont say it as great...but just a good one.
Ranbir Kapoor is too good an actor (Better than his parents)
Mohit chauhan's voice is mesmerizing and i mistook his voice for lucky ali.

Some of the shots in scenic locations of kashmir,prague are beautiful
Kashmiri pandit style marraige of heroine with the other guy is covered in detail...new thing to watch

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old November 20th, 2011, 09:08 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
This is a good film ! I dont say it as great...but just a good one.
Mohit chauhan's voice is mesmerizing and i mistook his voice for lucky ali.

Some of the shots in scenic locations of kashmir,prague are beautiful
Kashmiri pandit style marraige of heroine with the other guy is covered in detail...new thing to watch
Egjaktly what i was about to say.. Let me add though.. Heroine is pathetic in acting.. Looks are typical puke... And man she's 30 yrs old.. Dont suit the part one bit.. Director ko diya rahenga..

Jab we met se some things are similar.. Director Used that same drive thru snow with the sun out thing.. And used old footage of snow laden mountains from jab we met.. lol cheapo burger..
Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:10 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Ashdoc's movie review--Rockstar

Quote:
Guess i was right in my evaluation about Ranbir's performance.
He was too good I started liking his acting since Rocket Singh , that got re-inforced with his outstanding performance in Rajneeti and now ROCKSTAR !

Granny passes heirloom to Ranbir

The actor inherited the golden medal that was gifted to Krishna Raj by her father-in-law Prithviraj

Film critics have upheld him as the 'best actor of recent times'. Cinegoers have been bowled over by his performance. But none of this comes close to the way his family has showed their appreciation for the fourth generation Kapoor lad's performance in Imtiaz Ali's Rockstar. Raj Kapoor's wife Krishna Raj Kapoor gifted her little grandson a family heirloom - a gold medal gifted to his great grandfather Prithviraj Kapoor for one of his performances in Peshawar in 1920.

An emotional Krishna Raj visited Rishi and Neetu Kapoor's home Krishna Niwas last Wednesday to hand over the gold medal to Ranbir. Incidentally, Shashi Kapoor was present there at the time as well.

When contacted, Rishi Kapoor told Mumbai Mirror, "The medal was given to Prithviraj Kapoor in the 1920s. It was for a performance in Peshawar during his youth. He gave it to my mother after her wedding in the 1940s. He had put it around mother's nect and told her to keep it with her. It has since then become like a family heirloom. It was something grandfather had won for his talent."

"On Wednesday, Mummyji told me that she wanted to gift the medal to me after watching Chandni. However, she thought it was too early and wanted all of us to work further. She wanted to see who takes the family legacy forward," added Rishi.

"After watching Rockstar, Mummyji has decided to bestow the family heirloom on Ranbir. The medal might not have too much of an economic value, but for me, it is the biggest thing that my son could have been honoured with. It feels great to know that my mother thinks that Ranbir is the one who will take the family legacy forward," added the proud father.

Interestingly, the medal has something written on it in Urdu, which the Kapoor family is unable to decipher. "We don't know how to read the Urdu script. I spoke to Javed Akhtar saab and invited him home. I wanted him to come over and read it out for us." In fact, after receiving the medal, even Ranbir was seen asking everyone about what was written on the medal.

When contacted Krishna Raj told Mumbai Mirror, "My father-in-law gave the medal to me after two years of my marriage. She wanted me to keep it safe. When I watched Ranbir in Rockstar, I decided to give the medal to him. I felt that he could take the Kapoor legacy forward."

Ranbir, who is currently shooting in Ooty was unavailable for comment.
link

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:32 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Guess i was right in my evaluation about Ranbir's performance.
He was too good I started liking his acting since Rocket Singh , that got re-inforced with his outstanding performance in Rajneeti and now ROCKSTAR !
me too same same.. Liked his acting in rocket.. And in that pathetic movie rajneeti.. Pretty good in this movie.. Jungli jawani ..
Old November 24th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Ranbir is a good actor. I am sure he will be the next big star.

As for the movie, I would not dare watch it. Sounds too dark and boring.