eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > How to

Notices

How to Stuck for an answer to "How to do .."?

Old November 26th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

khaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Constructive Ideas/Suggestions To Solve Problems

We often come across an idea which can contirbute to solution of a problem. So if you have some ideas, of your own or by someone else, do share it in this thread

Problem : Fake currency note in circulation in India.

Solution : I heard it in an interview of Swami Ramdev where he suggested that usage of all big currency notes, epecially of 1000 and 500 should be stopped, and all these billls should be replaced by bills of lower value ( 50 and 100). This will almost prevent fake currecny circulation, as the makers wont find it profitable anymore (Its estimated that the cost of making one fake currency is around 75-100 Rs.)

This is definitely possible, as govt has done something like this before, when ashoka notes were called back and replaced by gandhi ones.

Old November 26th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Constructive Ideas/Suggestions To Solve Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaski_khopari View Post
We often come across an idea which can contirbute to solution of a problem. So if you have some ideas, of your own or by someone else, do share it in this thread

Problem : Fake currency note in circulation in India.

Solution : I heard it in an interview of Swami Ramdev where he suggested that usage of all big currency notes, epecially of 1000 and 500 should be stopped, and all these billls should be replaced by bills of lower value ( 50 and 100). This will almost prevent fake currecny circulation, as the makers wont find it profitable anymore (Its estimated that the cost of making one fake currency is around 75-100 Rs.)

This is definitely possible, as govt has done something like this before, when ashoka notes were called back and replaced by gandhi ones.
considering the price rice with veggies at 60-100 per kg ,government should start making notes of 5000 and 10000.50 and 100 might be redundant in coming days considering the inflation.
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
considering the price rice with veggies at 60-100 per kg ,government should start making notes of 5000 and 10000.50 and 100 might be redundant in coming days considering the inflation.
i was also thinking in somewhat similar lines. If we drop down the denominations people who forge will still find means to reduce the cost to print fake currency.
But this idea might work for short term.
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

When I was a kid, I remember we used to have 1000 rupee notes and the government one day said that they would not be valid tender. I think it was Morarji Desai as the PM. He wanted to stop black money. So now many folks who had unaccounted for money were in a problem because most of their money was in the 1000 rupee denomination. One had to go to a bank, hand over these notes, fill out a form and then get back lower denomination notes.

This worked to some extent to reduce black money.

In today's age, this will not happen because no politician wants his black money to become obsolete. You may see this happens just after the next elections because by then all the Indian currency will have been spent in elections, the elected politician will have transferred all his money to a Swiss bank and then all would be okay to scrap 1000 rupee notes!
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaski_khopari View Post
KK as Echarcha bhau already said this wont work. Politics being one of the major reason.
And also remember most of the land, estate, car deals in India are still done using cash. And that creates a large amount of black money. We are talking a lot of it.
Switching to lower denominator means giving up cash with big numbers that will create usual problems .
And plus most of these big denominators are nicely stuffed in our politicians pillows

Old November 26th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

I had suggested an idea to eliminate beggars from the country... couple of times.

Make giving alms illegal. If you want to donate... donate to a registered association and/or to temples (the latter as we have not yet completely evolved ourselves out of religion). Note, do not make begging illegal... this will only defeat the purpose and give us more beggars. Let the beggars beg... but arrest those who give them anything. Catch all those old ladies who think they will make heaven at this old age while fooling around all their lives

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

ramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond repute

I miss one rupee note ... In my childhood , having a one rupee note in my pocket gave me the feeling of flying over clouds ... now its all useless , went for currency exchange when I was in India last time , Madrechaud gave me 2 - 1000 rs fake one's .
I think plastic money as in Oz is good - hard to duplicate . Infact when I was in US got a $ 50 fake - paper money easy to duplicate.
If it goes on like this we will be rich like Zimbabwen's - everyone carrying million dollar currency notes , able to buy 2 onions or 3 singharas with those .
And Manmohan Singh says NRI's should come back and contribute positively in India's growth - How Mr Singh , by converting their hard earned dollar to ur fake money - Shameless and Spineless swines.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill Muhammad Ali