eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Newbie FAQ

Notices

Newbie FAQ Welcome to our community. Please read this before you start posting...

Old August 26th, 2015, 03:21 AM
Junior eCharchan

HeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of light
Re: I am new here. Are there any forum rules here

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Welcome apunbola,
As you might have noticed from the main page that we have just renovated the look and feel and added new features to our website. There are no special rules. Just enjoy and treat others as you would like them to treat you. Also, please log off your emotions and sensitivities before logging in here. Do go through our archives and see the fun we all have had in the past.
- Sunit
I understand that there are two rules:
1. Treat others as you would have them treat you.
2. log off your emotions and sensitivities before logging in here.

Interesting !
The moderator patrolling the thread on some muslim activist in India, engaged with newbie member Bobus and forgot these two rules.

Granted that Bobus, the newbie, came across as a prime asshole as one could be. She was following the rule #1, obviously, she wanted to be treated as a prime asshole by all. However, the experienced mod' ignored that and wanted the newbie member to tone down her posts.

As a newbie myself, I was very surprised at the action of the mod to ban this newbie Bobus. Bobus may have been experimenting with the claim that the admin had made. Or, perhaps, she may not have been. We do not know what her intent was in coming across like that in her posts. She may have been a real freak, with her usual posting style. who knows. That is neither here nor there. This forum promises members to come as they are, and feel at home. In the loss of that Bobus, we had lost a freak show. And the forum has lost entertainment, as well as increased membership that come with a resident freak.

If the mods are patrolling the threads to remove all the freaks, they are not really doing any services to increase the membership or the entertainment to keep the existing members. Perhaps the owners who are paying the subscriptions to keep this on the internet ought to look at how many members they add per year and why is that number so low in comparison with other forums that had existed for as many years as this one had.

That Bobus was indeed yelling.... "come right up... ladies and gents... for only 10 cents, you can see a man with a goat head, but talking with a human tongue... and expounding Hegel.... come right up". This is summer, the season of state-fairs all over the United States.... with lots of freaks on display. It is a sad loss for this forum.

Damn. Why should I care ?

Last edited by HeySar; August 26th, 2015 at 03:37 AM.
Old August 26th, 2015, 03:29 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Bobus welcome back .. In a new avatar. One mistake you did was to immediately bring this up so soon, now jagmohan your advisor will scold you on a random page on r2i forum in an edited post for not heeding to his advice. Pehle hindi me post karo kuchh din, fir establish yourself, but too bad .. You couldn't resist.

How come you two have so much frikkin time on your hands, are you working in customer care? Change your ip, keep all this software for proxy avatar, what pleasure you get ?

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 26th, 2015 at 03:35 AM.
Old August 26th, 2015, 03:42 AM
Junior eCharchan

HeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Bobus welcome back .. In a new avatar. One mistake you did was to immediately bring this up so soon, now jagmohan your advisor will scold you on a random page on r2i forum in an edited post for not heeding to his advice. Pehle hindi me post karo kuchh din, fir establish yourself, but too bad .. You couldn't resist.

How come you two have so much frikkin time on your hands, are you working in customer care? Change your ip, keep all this software for proxy avatar, what pleasure you get ?
Presumptions about whether or not this forum can get any new members is amazing. Why would a mod' presume that there could be no new members for this show ? Because you lack a Bobus ?
If the forum is able to, they can easily reinstate Bobus. And let the rest of us enjoy that exhibition.

Last edited by HeySar; August 26th, 2015 at 03:46 AM.
Old August 26th, 2015, 03:46 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Teri gand me bobus ke liye itni khujli kyon ho rahi hai? Admit you are bobus and behave this time, so far you have.
Old August 26th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Teri gand me bobus ke liye itni khujli kyon ho rahi hai? Admit you are bobus and behave this time, so far you have.
Sorry, I don't hindi.
This is like some CIA guy got a hold of a hirsute one, and asking him to confess to being OBL. Pretty hilarious !
Old August 26th, 2015, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySar View Post
Sorry, I don't hindi.
This is like some CIA guy got a hold of a hirsute one, and asking him to confess to being OBL. Pretty hilarious !
How did you hear of the mistreatment of bebas? Truly it must have shattered your world and you had to find Echarcha's post in his/her (your bebas avatar's) defence.

In any case, this time we paid for premium service to track proxies. Whoever has how many ever avatars using multiple ip's .. We know it all. The site was closed for so long for a purpose. Like rakshasa coming in snake form or dinosaur or apsara .. One glance and we see the bug at the heart of it. This time you helped by making it too apparent.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 26th, 2015 at 04:46 AM.
Old August 26th, 2015, 04:56 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
How did you hear of the mistreatment of bebas? Truly it must have shattered your world and you had to find Echarcha's post in his/her (your bebas avatar's) defence.

In any case, this time we paid for premium service to track proxies. Whoever has how many ever avatars using multiple ip's .. We know it all. The site was closed for so long for a purpose. Like rakshasa coming in snake form or dinosaur or apsara .. One glance and we see the bug at the heart of it. This time you helped by making it too apparent.
As a new member, I would go to find out if there are any guidelines for posts. So I did. I also browsed a little and posted a few. I happened upon this thread in politics and browsed in there as well. I do not do politics or anything to do with india-pakistan-bangladesh things. And that is how I came upon the freak show.

And decided to ask the question in this thread as to why you banned the freak.... or someone who may be an Asperger case.

Anyhow, if this forum had paid mucho bucks to ascertain that you have only a handful of members with lots of proxies and Ip's, who would like to talk among yourselves, well.. that is OK by me.

But my question still stands: What about those two provisos advanced by your admin person ? Are they good or not good ? Are there other good behaviors that a new member has to adapt.

It would be tremendously useful if there is a guideline on what these are. No ?
In anycase, too late on my timezone.... will look this up tomorrow.

Last edited by HeySar; August 26th, 2015 at 05:11 AM.
Old August 26th, 2015, 05:12 AM

Anybody without a guilty mind or malafide intentions will never need guidelines. Basics of online posting apply everywhere, whether on fb, or twitter, or forums.

Is it kosher enough for you bebas?

Btw, the ROI on premium service is akin to the spending on anti-virus.. Gandi naali ka keeda nahi mangta idhar.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 26th, 2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old August 26th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Anybody without a guilty mind or malafide intentions will never need guidelines. Basics of online posting apply everywhere, whether on fb, or twitter, or forums.

Is it kosher enough for you bebas?

Btw, the ROI on premium service is akin to the spending on anti-virus.. Gandi naali ka keeda nahi mangta idhar.
once again, I donít hindi. This looks and feels like an indian road accident. After the accident the first gawker to arrive on the scene, and ask questions get blamed for it. OhÖ.well. Screw it.
Old August 26th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
once again, I donít hindi. This looks and feels like an indian road accident. After the accident the first gawker to arrive on the scene, and ask questions get blamed for it. OhÖ.well. Screw it.
Don't screw it... please continue. You are asking some good questions. Some of us old-timers are also wondering about the new regime... and the lapse of "log off your emotions" rule. Accident has happened and we old-timers are wondering if we are the accident piece or part of the gawking team. Since you say you are the first gawker... it only means that we are the road-kill

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old August 26th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Will you stop it ?
Search for a thread why so and so person was banned.
We have reasons to ban and we dont owe an explanation.
And this is a desi forum and not an only English forum so if you don't understand whats written in Hindi take help from any online translator.

Lastly,you have come to our community and have to adopt our culture to stay here but looks like some members want us to bend to their whims.

And for those who talk about views and more members,we really are not interested in new members and are happy with whats going on,we don't earn from this forum so view counts don't matter.

Next time anyone asking questions about managing the site will be banned without notice or will have their posts under moderation.
Old August 27th, 2015, 06:27 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Will you stop it ?
Search for a thread why so and so person was banned.
We have reasons to ban and we dont owe an explanation.
And this is a desi forum and not an only English forum so if you don't understand whats written in Hindi take help from any online translator.

Lastly,you have come to our community and have to adopt our culture to stay here but looks like some members want us to bend to their whims.

And for those who talk about views and more members,we really are not interested in new members and are happy with whats going on,we don't earn from this forum so view counts don't matter.

Next time anyone asking questions about managing the site will be banned without notice or will have their posts under moderation.
Ban mat karo yaar ..

Let him be...pata toh chale manjra kya hai?

Old August 27th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Ban mat karo yaar ..

I really don't like editing/deleting or banning and am most of the time relaxed to masti but some people take this nature as weakness and force to take some action.
Old August 28th, 2015, 08:50 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Ban mat karo yaar ..

Looks like Jagguji loves the company of English speaking guys living in India. Now, many seem to be relics of 70s and 80s when it was fashionable to be left wing. and all the students were left wing activists. Some of my cousins on FB are like that.
Old September 1st, 2015, 08:58 AM
Junior eCharchan

goldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to behold

I am a woman with 2 small children so I maybe late in replying on the forum. I came to know about this site thro CanDesi.

Let me introduce myself in few lines.

Honest, Mischievous,humorous and happy go lucky person.

live and let live policy.

Believes in making sacrifices to achieve gr8 things in life.

Absolute faith that hardwork and success goes hand in hand.

Do good and you get good with interest in life and vice versa.

My interests are finance and investing in properties/stocks. My hobby is reading, gardening and little bit of cooking.

Any warning/suggestion/advice is appreciated before I start posting on the forum. cheers!

love and regds to all.