eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Defense

Notices

Defense Defense and national security...

Old March 2nd, 2001, 09:06 AM
eCharchan

Patel Bhai is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like to have padhu's reaction of this Reaction from Pakistan on recent Indian Budget and hike in defence budget.

Please read:
http://www.dawn.com/2001/03/01/top1.htm

Old March 2nd, 2001, 10:09 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Talking poor Pakistan

Now they too will have to raise their funds for their defence budget.And the holes in their already tattered economy are gonna show now.But they are illogical hate mongers so they will do it for the 'prestige' of their piece of land.

It's basically Atalji's strategy of deflating Pakistan the peaceful way!!.

Man it'll be fun to watch em go down deep in the shit hole!
Old March 2nd, 2001, 10:28 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Cool I am no defense expert but

I think that we need to improve our defenses. Especially, when Kargil hit is in the face, we did not even have high terrain special shoes for soldiers. Even the ammunition for the Howitzer (Bofors) gun was in short supply.

So I think Kargil in a way opened the eys of our politicians who needed to seriously replenish the arms and ammunition of our defenses. Also they need to introduce modern weaponery and communications equipment.

After all as per the old adage - "God favours those with the bigger artillery"

Expert views, padhu?
Old March 2nd, 2001, 10:42 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all
Smile reply

the defence outlay is good but i would have expected a much better division...rather than give a major chinck to the army i would have given a major share to the airforce and the navy this year. The aircraft trainers and aircraft carriers are very much needed desperately on an urgent basis. with the amount of moth ball mig-21s falling from the sky every month we really really need a smooth transition and those trainers are required...infact they were required yesterday but still the whole thing is going round in red tape. In fact BaE last year closed down their plant in scotland becuase they didnt expect the order for the trainers to go through. Now Geory Porgy says that next month we will sign the contract with BaE (something he has been saying for quite a few months now...and the delay goes on for every other month)

The russian aircraft carrier is very much required urgently...but even that is in red tape. The russians have gieb our MOD time till end of march to come to a solution or the ship goes to a shipyard for its expensive for them to maintain (something like maintaining INS VIKRANT).

I do agree that the army needs more money too...considering that the number of new recruits is dropping at an alarming rate (except for the time of kargil tragedy where there were lines to join the force).

Comparing our defence budget viz pakiland....we are right on track......and come to think of it...we are three times as large as them and hence have more territory to protect so we do need to prep up our war machine...Pakistan has to realise this. If it follows india's steps and tries to upgrade its already overburdened expenditure....then they are gonna shoot temselves in the foot for they know they cant match that defence budget.

so lets sit back and enjoy a few more navy parades and air shows and not bother about what our paki neighbour thinks.

.....by the way patelbhai did u get a job again or u still hunting for one. let us know if u need any help finding one.
Old March 2nd, 2001, 11:03 AM
eCharchan

Patel Bhai is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Padhu!

Yes I got another job after a months hunt. I realize that the market is not that bad, but this time rather than joining a software company I choose manufacturing industry - at least it is not going to shut down in a days notice!!

Thanks for all eCharchan support.

Regarding defence budget - I recall a famous story of a bania and rajput, where bania wanted to have his "Muchhe Unchhi" and rajput challanged - so they decided to have fight one scheduled day to decide - the bania started telling his man about buying horses, guns, swards and like - listening to this the rajput bought double hourses, guns etc. - on the fights day the bania said - OK I am loser and whill keep "Mucche nichi" - the rajput was happy but became Kangal!!!