eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old September 16th, 2008, 03:50 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why I Hate Gultis - Reddy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Are the eggs 50 cents each now?

Yaar lagtaa hai mahengaayee badh gayee hai. Ab bechaarekaa Rs20 kaa ek andaa koi khaa jaayegaa tow royengaa hee naa!

this incident was around fall 2004, during my freshman year in texas. babu was my roommate doing his MS. there were quite a few gults, gujjus at this university. lots of desi students used to live in our apt complex.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
thats one of them BTW.

there was this guy from Bombay who came to the univ and got an appt along with other guys, when it came to the discussion about what kind of foods do they need to get while shopping, this dude said that he does not like to eat NV (non vegetarian)nor would be paying for the same, everyone accepted.
but he said that he would be eating the gravy of NV curry's as he would be paying for Onion/tomato's that go along with the curry.
lol! OMG, who the f*ck was that man!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
I am having my doubts now. I ask him , so you have worked with X company ? He says yes . and before that ? Y company and before that Z company . I look at his resume which was open on screen but not seen by him. Hmmmm. he skipped one company in between. No big deal people sometimes forget.
Then I decide to put him at ease. I talk about , we are still setting up your system and my PM has already put in your request for the phone etc. BTW do you need a parking permit ? Do you have a car ? He says "No Sir I will use the public transportation. Then I ask , if you will looking around for room mate or apartment , I will introduce you to some one else who can help you. He is al happy and pleased now.
I now give him overview of the project , inform him of the team size and casually ask him you have worked on x right ? So you now what tables are afffected by this transaction ? He says " Sir, I will have to get back to you on this "No big deal most people dont know.
BTW How's you Purchasing ? "Very good sir " Hmmm What are three base tables of purchaasing ? No answer . and this is the same guy we interviewed on phone that rattled off all the answers ?
"well what is the answer friend ? " He goes "I will have to get back to you sir "

I said " You are not the same person I talked to you on phone right ?" and he turns Purple. ( Black + Red is purple ).
I said " I want a copy of you id. Here is the copy machine make a copy" . He disapeared and did not come back for 10 mins. I go to copy machine and he is staring at the machine as if his pet cat had just died. "What's happening ? " I asked.
" The machine is not working sir !!" " Okay then show me your id ". He was holding something in his hand which looked differant then US drivers license.

He hand me the plastic. It is Andhra's international drivning permit. And the guy I was hiring was Ram Reddy , his permit says Shyam Reddy. I said thisis not Ram Reddy. He says" Sir, Ram is my middle name ".
Till then I had enough . I said " Okay you know what !! I dont think you are right person unless you prove it to me ". He says " Yes sir I will prove " . "Okay lets do the interview now ". So I take him to my office and said , " Okay tell me about yourself". and he was in such a terror , I thought he might wet and shit in his pants. He clutched his chest and said . " Sir I am having chest pain ". I feel sorry for the guy . I said " Look friend I am asking you about yourself you cannot tell me that ? " . He says " Sir, can I close your office door ?" I said " OKay" . then he said " Sir hindi bolte ho " . I said " Yes ". He Said " Sir, sab sambhal loonga , please ek chance do". I said " Dude you know nothing, I dont have time to train you ". and his nest comment.............

" Sir you are Indian , please help fellow Indian. My company will also give you a comission "

Fuk Fuk Fuk ********* ! I thought to myself. So this is how gultis do business. o wonder some companies hate Indians ....

Then I had to go for a meeting . and I have a meeting now.......

Baki break ke baad.
Story poori karna bhool gaya!!

So nefore I leave for meeting I tell him. Please go and sit at your desk I will come back. and he says " Sir, please dont tell anyone ". Now during the meeting my head is reeling . Dilema What should I do . I felt sorry for the guy. He had said earlier like " My company said go so I came here". I mean I have been thru H1 stage and everything. I have made my resume look "better" and added and removed words as per requirements but never anyone interviewed for me.
And then how can I cheta my company like this ......

So I went and talked to my accounts guy, PM and said I am firiing this guy. I came down and said okay reddy please take all your stuff and follow me here. He looked at me expectedly as if I was going to move him. I went straight to the door shook hands and said " I am sorry it will not work out ".

I wanted to say teri maaa ki........mere ko chutiyaa samja hai kya ....

But I say I am proud on how professionally I handled this. Of course , I let all my seniors know ..... hope they give me rapes too....
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.

Last edited by dirty; September 16th, 2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: too many speling mistakes
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are the eggs 50 cents each now?

Yaar lagtaa hai mahengaayee badh gayee hai. Ab bechaarekaa Rs20 kaa ek andaa koi khaa jaayegaa tow royengaa hee naa!
nahi boss, i was talking about some thing else and he was talking about some thing else, the 50cent fight is about a Gujju roommates who had a fight because of some discrepancy in buying grocery's.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
Any guess !!! Maximum guesses - one
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
thats one of them BTW.

there was this guy from Bombay who came to the univ and got an appt along with other guys, when it came to the discussion about what kind of foods do they need to get while shopping, this dude said that he does not like to eat NV (non vegetarian)nor would be paying for the same, everyone accepted.
but he said that he would be eating the gravy of NV curry's as he would be paying for Onion/tomato's that go along with the curry.

That HAS to be gujju. And chances are he must be bania too.
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
some guy from civil who used to live in NAI appts
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Any guess !!! Maximum guesses - one
Be carefull man. These guys are talking about GUJJU guy. You are gujju too. Saale kahi tu tow nahi thaa naa?
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who? Who? Who?
Wasn't Landyabhai your roomie?

You beat me to it.....same thought crossed my mind too ....
Jai Pai... LB pai ko badnaam na karo...agreed he is in hiatus but he still is a mod

Old September 16th, 2008, 04:15 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
I hate Gultis not just because they fudge their resume, but also because typically 6 of them usually live in a single bedroom apartment with filthy bathrooms.
yeh to saare Indians karte hai
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:19 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hey, apparently jai pai has lots of money!
yaar rommy pai . apna khud ka bedroom hone ka maza hi alag hai .
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:23 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

Quote:
Who? Who? Who?

Wasn't Landyabhai your roomie?

Amtha pai . landya nahi .. woh kis angle se AP lagta hai kya ? aur ek tha Landya ka sabse khaas . Landya ki leke chala gaya ... . Waise landya ne apun se ek kele ke liye fight kiya tha !!! was pretty funny when i think abt it ..

Sorry LP phol khol riya hoon public forum pe
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:24 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

Smile Re: Why I Hate Gultis - Reddy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
yaar rommy pai . apna khud ka bedroom hone ka maza hi alag hai .
agree with you! but then, my previous roommate was pretty good guy (sunnykode, you better give me reps for this!). never really had any problems with my earlier roommates either.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:27 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
Amtha pai . landya nahi .. woh kis angle se AP lagta hai kya ? aur ek tha Landya ka sabse khaas . Landya ki leke chala gaya ... . Waise landya ne apun se ek kele ke liye fight kiya tha !!! was pretty funny when i think abt it ..

Sorry LP phol khol riya hoon public forum pe
come on man, tell us the story! poor LB! i can imagine him being screwed. bhola bhala!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:30 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

Quote:
come on man, tell us the story! poor LB! i can imagine him being screwed. bhola bhala!
Chod yaar .. LB bhadkega . but woh ek time that jab seriously LB ke straight hone pe mereko shak hua tha !!!