eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old January 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flight to Mumbai turning out to be a disaster

I never have and never will take a direct long haul flight from US to India, unless I am flying first class. Self inflicted torture Spend a few dollars more and 3-4 hours more and relax at a nice European airport (Amsterdam or Frankfurt) for a few hours between flights.
Old January 7th, 2013, 12:57 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

And we complain about Air India!

Actually i took this flight in 2008 (when it was Continental Airlines). I think i had a window seat, so not many problems.

The main problem i had was to having to pay for all the beer i had on board and my onward flight (to Hyderabad) was the morning after.
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:09 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Even considering my queasiness for flying, I will never want to take a direct flight to India.

I have always taken the Amsterdam leg except once when I chose Kuwait Airlines , a big mistake but was the cheapest at the time.

Amsterdam is a very nice airport and you get the necessary rest .

I did Frankfurt the first time, but it was so early in the morning, most things were closed. Also, I was fresh off boat , so was scared to talk or walk anywhere away from the gate
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
Even considering my queasiness for flying, I will never want to take a direct flight to India.

I have always taken the Amsterdam leg except once when I chose Kuwait Airlines , a big mistake but was the cheapest at the time.

Amsterdam is a very nice airport and you get the necessary rest .

I did Frankfurt the first time, but it was so early in the morning, most things were closed. Also, I was fresh off boat , so was scared to talk or walk anywhere away from the gate
Why? was the in-flight magazine called Quran? or that you could not walk to the loo in time because everybody was praying in the aisles?
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I felt the same way.....especially the older guy. He was blowing silent farts at regular intervals. I tried to indicate my discomfort, but it didn't seem to matter to him. Actually, I think the old man and the lady were taking turns farting, because the fart smells were different. One was garlic-ish and the other was peanut-ish.

But they are old people, so I won't sue!
You sure are a fart connoisseur
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:31 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
You sure are a fart connoisseur
he could be a fart inspector.. like you have food inspectors.. he could investigate who farted..
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:07 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
Why? was the in-flight magazine called Quran? or that you could not walk to the loo in time because everybody was praying in the aisles?
In fact the airhostesses were hot filipinoes, but the crowd made it feel like it was a sabzi market. Full of Indians like I am sitting in an ST bus going from Bombay to Nagpur .

But why I mentioned Kuwait was because it was non-stop Chicago to Kuwait.
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I felt the same way.....especially the older guy. He was blowing silent farts at regular intervals. I tried to indicate my discomfort, but it didn't seem to matter to him. Actually, I think the old man and the lady were taking turns farting, because the fart smells were different. One was garlic-ish and the other was peanut-ish.

But they are old people, so I won't sue!
I still do not think this is as bad as the 1-hour domestic flight I took where one side was this humongous black lady with a couple of bottles of cheap deodorant poured all over her and the other was an old lady who was literally shitting in her adult diapers. Talk about pure hell

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
In fact the airhostesses were hot filipinoes, but the crowd made it feel like it was a sabzi market. Full of Indians like I am sitting in an ST bus going from Bombay to Nagpur .

I betcha all Indians on that flight felt the same way......
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

When you opt for the cheapest you can never miss your countrymen.The foundation stone of our country is laid on cheapness.I would not like to stay in India where people actually start buying original softwares and tear plastic seat covers of their cars.
Old October 21st, 2016, 05:51 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
And we complain about Air India!

Actually i took this flight in 2008 (when it was Continental Airlines). I think i had a window seat, so not many problems.

The main problem i had was to having to pay for all the beer i had on board and my onward flight (to Hyderabad) was the morning after.
How no problem with window seat ? Apart from opening the window the problems remain the same,infact you are squeezed to a corner
Old October 21st, 2016, 10:25 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
hats off to you guys.I cant imagine my ass being stuck in one seat for 14 hours.

how much is the ticket?all taxes and stuff included.?

my bil just flew to jfk.said he got a a cheap deal with BA,not sure how cheap..
The typical desi question ........ Kitne ke mila ticket ?
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old October 21st, 2016, 04:23 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
How no problem with window seat ? Apart from opening the window the problems remain the same,infact you are squeezed to a corner
Better than being in the middle seat like Kallu pai was. It is easier to sleep in window seat.
Old April 10th, 2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
I think I mentioned my funny/sad plane experience in a different thread, but can't seem to find it.

Basically, once I was on a direct flight from Chicago to Delhi. I was in the middle seat trapped between a senile gujju lady and senile Bengali man. Through out the flight, both of them were farting silent farts. It stunk up the entire cabin.

But if the farts were silent, how do I know that both were farting, you ask? I will tell you. One of the farts smelt peanut-ty and the other was garlic-ky.
This seems to be the thread
Old April 10th, 2018, 09:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

I never like window seat. You are pushed in a corner and you have to ask others to get up to get out. Compare this to aisle seat wherein you have more space and don't have to ask anyone else