eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Relationships

Notices

Relationships Discuss your feelings on relationships, intimacy and everything related...

Old April 29th, 2003, 03:31 AM
An admirer !!!

clik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to behold
Post Love Marriage .... Arranged Marriage

Which one is advisable ?

In the past , particularly in India , mostly the marriages were arranged by the parents / relatives but today love marriages are very common .

We all know that such love marriages some time accepted by the parents but there are cases when newly weds face lot of problems after their love marriages .

In my opinion , the parents must realise that its their children's life and in such cases imposing their wish on their children is not correct . At the same time , children should also listen to their parents and should follow their advise if any thing is wrong due to their immaturity .

Personally , I feel that Love Marriages are better and more successful than arranged marriages .

I invite more thoughts and opinions of fellow eCharchans on this topic .

“Success is not doing extraordinary things, but doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.”

“Judge a person by the questions rather than by the answers.”
Old April 29th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Atarangi Echarchan

viruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond repute
No commetnts...
Old April 29th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
It all depends on how much one is willing to make adjustments. Both can succeed and both can fail.

Although I have had an arranged marriage (mainly because I couldn't find somebody of my choice among my friends), I would like my daughters to go and find their own partners.
Old April 29th, 2003, 04:09 AM
An admirer !!!

clik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to beholdclik is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by viruss
No commetnts...
Aisa kyun bhaya , kuchh to bolo .

“Success is not doing extraordinary things, but doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.”

“Judge a person by the questions rather than by the answers.”
Old April 29th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by viruss
No commetnts...

Overage...............not able to fish one now...?
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

baapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond repute
LOVE
SABKO HAI PATAAAAAA............
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Arranged-Love-Marriage
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

baapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Budmaas
Arranged-Love-Marriage

hahahaa

make love and your marriage ll be arranged
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
We discussed gazillion times.. but what the heck.. ek baar aur sahi.

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
In my limited knowledge/experience, Love marriages are worse bet. My uncle, My Sister, My Cousin, A few of my friends all have one complaint or the other with their spouse after just a few years and some have even broken up and live separately.

Reason I think is this.. either the guy or the gal.. when pataoing will put on their best. Even patne ke baad.. (meaning ilu ilu hone ke baad) still the put on their best. Neither is going to show their bad side until the transaction is commited or secured. During courtship, if a guy smokes and the girl asks him to quit.. he will quit smoking in front of her and go back to his friends and light up. Many such examples..

After marriage.. now they konw they are not leaving each other (transaction complete) without a drastic rollback (divorce/separation) and add to that their own pride (most rebel with their parents and elope or after a exceedingly long battle the parents agree with no other choice).. which prohibits them to give their parents a chance to say "I told you.. you would not listen.. seee what has happened".. suffer thru it or finally give up and say their mutual ta tas.

Arranged marriages are however a little differnet (me for instance). Both the guy and the gal are losers (i.e. cannot patao a girl) and seek UN (parents) intervention to "hook" them up. The hooking is effectively marriage. Now never having had a "partner' before, they both learn to live with each other's quirks and find a way to be happy. Also since they never had partners before, they value the other person very much.. (andhe ke haath bater aise hi todhi na lag jaate hain!!!). And the wheel continues. Add to that a fact that since "elders" are involved, both (hubby and wifey) have little wiggle room for mischief.. for instance.. my wifey would complain to her parents who will complain to my parents who will scream at me sort of a chain reaction.

So all in all, IMHO, a typical arranged marriage where both parties have no "malice or conspiracy" in their minds succeed. Love kaa kyaa hai.. kisi se bhi ho jaata hai.. does not mean a squat that it will succeed.
http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...riage+Arranged
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

Re: We discussed gazillion times.. but what the heck.. ek baar aur sahi.

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
We discussed gazillion times.. but what the heck.. ek baar aur sahi.

ye baat tum shadi shuda log nahin samajhoge

Old April 29th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Instant Mischief

Quote:
Originally posted by baapji
hahahaa

make love and your marriage ll be arranged

na...

Arrange then marriage & Love.........Your future life will be better....
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Budmaas

na...

Arrange then love.........Your future life will be arranged....

if not compatible then

you are boy, u can divorce and get married again n again but who ll marry the girl... not many of us

so love first .... period.
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
isn't that sexist, Baapu saheb?
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl
isn't that sexist, Baapu saheb?

no applicable for both

ok you tell me as budmaas said marriage then love is that right
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by baapji
if not compatible then