eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Relationships

Notices

Relationships Discuss your feelings on relationships, intimacy and everything related...

Old September 16th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I am Kanya raashi, passing through a worst phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
The caste system is present even in the modern society...... The CEOs, The CFOs, The Planners, The Strategists, The Middle Management, The Executives, The Supervisors, The Worker class...... The list is endless...... Caste system is needed in every walk of life...... The companies, the societies...... Everything..... If everyone became a brahmin or everyone became a Vaishya the system would collapse...... The vedic society was intelligent enuf to intentionally allow the caste system...... So blaming the Brahmins for consecrating the knowledge by deceit is rank wrong...... Knowledge was their domain just a valor was consecrated by the Kshtriyas....... The problem is with the followers of Knowledge or warriors or cleaners or merchants who allowed their professions to become profane........ Vedas didnt distinguish between professions....... Followers started doing it....... No one stopped Merchants from holding their profession high and mighty...... Brahmins would have been automatically subdued....... The strong dominates and survives...... So why blame brahmins or kshtriyas for monopolising their vocations....... Who stopped the others from doing the same.....???

WTF...this is hilarious... so why complain for anything dude.... if Pakis plan terrorist attacks in India..it is their 'valour'.... If saffron parties hatch plans against muslims...it is their skill...if congress screwed India royally...it was their prerogative... This is the most absurd and bullcrappiest justification of casteism...

I tell you what..... the problem with the whole caste system is that if you areborn into a lower one you are doomed...you have no hope (no nowadays but in a ideal casteist society)....

Discrimination is everywhere....it will never go.... it will just change its form... but to disregard someone as a human being just because he/she is born into a particular family/caste.... boy! this is the bloodiest form of discrimination... he/she is your race...speaks your language... shares the same history....

In corporate world, there is a good if not an equal opportunity for growth...in a casteist society... you have to do what your caste is supposed to do... people make you work for them but won't touch you or let you enter their house....

Who stopped others from doing the same... WTF... you rob others their right to study and then demand a critique to macbeth.... I mean we should be proud of our heritage....but this blindly.... justify every nonsense.... There are many good things about hinduism/veds.... but what's harm in accepting that caste system didn't work.... Brahmins exploited it for their own gains...for which India is still suffering... thanks to the defenders of caste system it will never go away...

Old September 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
The value system of Ramayana and Mahabharata stands in direct confrontation with each other..... Atleast in the caste based system sense, the topic that has been the core of some of the discussions....... I feel that Ramayana was deeply rooted in equality of all castes...... For instance, the 'naavik' who refuses to allow Ram to board his boat cos he suspects him to be 'mayavi' who converted a rock into a female (Ahalya), is also treated with respect and dignity by Ram despite having a higher caste and higher order of power....... Similarly, one washerman - a supposedly lower caste - casts asperations on the character of Sita and Ram again, instead of punishing him or insulting him, offers to drive Sita out of Ayodhaya...... Compare these instances in the backdrop of the instance you mentioned - Karna being barred from holding any exercises with the yuvrajs cos he was a Shudra.....!!!! The caste based system was more inclined to respect equality during the Ramayana days......

Even the value based system for females is depicted to be more ideal in Ramayan than in Mahabharat.......
Firstly, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand - astrology.

Secondly, I have no strong opinions on whether caste system is good or bad. All I'm saying is that caste system is definitely a part of the vedic system.
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
WTF...this is hilarious... so why complain for anything dude.... if Pakis plan terrorist attacks in India..it is their 'valour'.... If saffron parties hatch plans against muslims...it is their skill...if congress screwed India royally...it was their prerogative... This is the most absurd and bullcrappiest justification of casteism...

I tell you what..... the problem with the whole caste system is that if you areborn into a lower one you are doomed...you have no hope (no nowadays but in a ideal casteist society)....

Discrimination is everywhere....it will never go.... it will just change its form... but to disregard someone as a human being just because he/she is born into a particular family/caste.... boy! this is the bloodiest form of discrimination... he/she is your race...speaks your language... shares the same history....

In corporate world, there is a good if not an equal opportunity for growth...in a casteist society... you have to do what your caste is supposed to do... people make you work for them but won't touch you or let you enter their house....

Who stopped others from doing the same... WTF... you rob others their right to study and then demand a critique to macbeth.... I mean we should be proud of our heritage....but this blindly.... justify every nonsense.... There are many good things about hinduism/veds.... but what's harm in accepting that caste system didn't work.... Brahmins exploited it for their own gains...for which India is still suffering... thanks to the defenders of caste system it will never go away...
Even in casteist society there were equal opportunities for growth...... Maharshi Vishvamitra became a Brahmarishi but was a Kshtriya Vishvarath by birth......!!! Karna was Kshtriya by birth but became a lower caste by vocation...... and later could become a king because of his valour and skills....... The powerful will always try to dominate....... Those who dont accept the dominion fight back and become something...... Arent the americans dominating the world since last so many decades....?? There are those who are meekly accepting it..... There are some irrational fellows who are trying to challenge this hegemony......
Old September 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Even in casteist society there were equal opportunities for growth...... Maharshi Vishvamitra became a Brahmarishi but was a Kshtriya Vishvarath by birth......!!! Karna was Kshtriya by birth but became a lower caste by vocation...... and later could become a king because of his valour and skills....... The powerful will always try to dominate....... Those who dont accept the dominion fight back and become something...... Arent the americans dominating the world since last so many decades....?? There are those who are meekly accepting it..... There are some irrational fellows who are trying to challenge this hegemony......
you could have cited a better example... a real one...like mr. Chandra Gupta....khair...if you know the Vishwa Mitra story then you must be knowing how much he had to fight for the Brahmarshi tag....... everyone was ready to call him Rajarshi but it took him long to get the brahmarshi status...

and BTW Karna was a varnashankar (he should be ) as his father was a god and mom was a kshatrani...by rearing he was sarathi by vocation he was a kshatriya... but these are exceptions.... general public ki maa bahen hui padi thi.... achhooton ka socho...kya khaat lagti hogi...saala kya equal opprtunity....achchhe bhale padhe likhon ko to ved samajh na aaye...jinhone kuchh na padha unhe kya khaak pata chalega...
punditjee bolein beta paanch feet door hi rahiyo..nahi to narak bhogoge...to manana hi padega na Boss.... Public ka $%^^ kaat kaat kar bahut aish kiya hai....aur ab usko skill aur valour ke naam par justify kiya ja raha hai...

Aur main bhi to yahin kah raha hoon....there is a difference between ought and is.... jo hona chahiye wo nahi hota hai....caste system ek bahut bada c!$@%$% hai/tha.... what's the problem in admitting that.....

Last edited by chitrala; September 16th, 2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old September 16th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Clown Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Chitralalji ... I avoid googling as much as possible. But in the absence of someone knowledgeable ... left with no choice. Here is copy/paste. I was not way off ... based strictly on cosmology makes it a science. Gemology, nuemrology, and rest have been added later to pacify consulting public ... and of course ...$$$$.

It is interesting Yogijee...
correct me if I wrong....he(bhrigu) started it backwards...first he collected the life history of 5 lac people and then studied it with the respective planetary positions etc and then wrote samhita.

Now Lord wiki claims that Bhrigu lived around 3000BC... he must'd lived for 100 odd years... is it humanly possible to collect the biography of 5 lac people in 3000 BC and then analyze it and then write a whole predictive analogy on it. even if the research and survey work was done by his disciples it would take don't know how many years...
Yahaan saala 10 variable ka ek counterfactual model computer par banane mein ek hafta lag jaata hai.... and we can't even imagine how many variables (planets/houses/rashis/nakkshatras etc.) are we talking about here.

I am pretty sure he was an extraordinary man....but in 3000BC we didnt even had sufficient mathematical tools let alone proper causality tests to validate the model.

What I meant to say is the story is too good to be true. There might be 100 bhrigus over 100 years and their compiled knowledge is Bhrigu samhita....but even then if they couldn't foresee/predict/preempt the dismal future of the region...it didnt serve its purpose.... instead it gave a handfuls another tool to exploit the ignorants.

Last edited by chitrala; September 16th, 2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old September 16th, 2008, 02:11 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
Random thoughts about Munshi Premchand, copy/paste from wikipedia - is this what passes off as wisdom nowadays?
neem ke ped ko kitna bi mitha khilao woh kadva hi rahega ... gadda her samay dulti hi marega ... makhi ko kitna bi uadao dubbara vahin aakar bethegi.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:10 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I am Kanya raashi, passing through a worst phase

Quote:
Rahulbhai ... thanks ... you are a delight to read. Thousands of threads in archives ... not one with a conclusive ending ... not one. Thanks to you, HarHarbhai, Chitrallaji, Krantibhai ... and the rest ... this one thread might just be it. Let's make it so.

You have yet to express your thoughts on the subject ... kindly try.

I wish if you can shed some thoughts on the following:

1. Rishi Birghu did the research and wrote the final papers. So far I have yet to read of Rishiji offering solutions and remedial measures. Obviously ... later generations of his followers/students carried on and kept adding to what was known ... existing knowledge. Is this all acceptable ... based and according to your reading?

2. Jyotish shastra as practised today ... is it based entirely upon Rishi Birghu's original research findings?

Rahulbhai ... I do not wish to leave you wondering of a suspect trap ... am thinking ... if in 11th and 12th century ... Brahmin community had real thing in possession ... how come they were not prepared for approaching danger of Islamic invaders? They had real mccoy ... mother of it all ... Rishi Birghu's original testaments, scriptures which predicated the past, the present, and the future of the population of an entire town or the city and needless to add the Royals. Kings were killed ... entire armies wiped out ... cities burned and destroyed ... women and children converted, taken away to lands far ... for sure Rishi Birghu's prediction machine ought to have foreseen it.

In all fairness to believers ... it is possible ... just like our thread starter ... many people end up being prisoners to charts in the piece of paper. Jo likha woh hoga syndrome.

Rahulbhai ... with all due respects.

Old September 16th, 2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
It is interesting Yogijee...
correct me if I wrong....he(bhrigu) started it backwards...first he collected the life history of 5 lac people and then studied it with the respective planetary positions etc and then wrote samhita.

Now Lord wiki claims that Bhrigu lived around 3000BC... he must'd lived for 100 odd years... is it humanly possible to collect the biography of 5 lac people in 3000 BC and then analyze it and then write a whole predictive analogy on it. even if the research and survey work was done by his disciples it would take don't know how many years...
Yahaan saala 10 variable ka ek counterfactual model computer par banane mein ek hafta lag jaata hai.... and we can't even imagine how many variables (planets/houses/rashis/nakkshatras etc.) are we talking about here.

I am pretty sure he was an extraordinary man....but in 3000BC we didnt even had sufficient mathematical tools let alone proper causality tests to validate the model.

What I meant to say is the story is too good to be true. There might be 100 bhrigus over 100 years and their compiled knowledge is Bhrigu samhita....but even then if they couldn't foresee/predict/preempt the dismal future of the region...it didnt serve its purpose.... instead it gave a handfuls another tool to exploit the ignorants.
Bold ... is what I am thinking two. But we will have to wet for some more informasion and conphirmasion to get to the part. Precisely the reason of my earlier rekwest to Rahulbhai.

Chitralaji ... Chirstmans party ... co-workers play a game ... 10 people stand shoulder to shoulder ... few sane meaningful words are whispered in to the ear of the 1st person in line ... by the time last person hears the whisper ... its all insane mumbo-jumbo. We can apply this to 3000 year old happenings.

I propose ...

Rishi Birghu was a gifted young men who possessed knowledge of sun, moon, jupitar and the rest.

Rishi Birghu selected a village of 500 for his project.

Rishi Bhirgu visited the village or lived in the village ... making notes of all daily happenings in the lives of his research objects.

At certain stage of research Rishi Bhirgu knew ... he was on to something.

Rishi Bhirgu came to notice that there was no randomness ... that there was cohesive uniformity between the stars and daily lives of his subject matters ... the villagers. Theory was beginning to take a form. Notes kept piling up.

After certain number of years ... Rishi Bhirghu thought to himself ... ok ... I have enough material now to go back to the Himalayas ... put it all together ... prepare for a presentation.

Rishi Bhirghu presented his findings to a group of peers for a`acceptance in to the league of the great knowers. He was found to be eligible, congratulated, and hailed as the bright future.

Rishi Bhirghu now a confirmed member of the elite club ... finds himself some bright students to start training them in to the latest science of predictology.

Now ... Chitralaji ... so far so good ... unless you disagree with above ... this is not far removed from the way researches are done today.

Chitralaji ... shall we proceed from here?

Because now we need to find out about remedies? Where did these come from? If you recall at the start of this thread ... we had a one post person with the problem seeking help with saade saati ... Rahulbhai, Pankajji (?) and respectable Krantikaribhai offered remedial suggestions. Rishi Birghu and his team were the predictors ... where from came the remedies?

Old September 16th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Clown Prince

Quote:
Bold ... is what I am thinking two. But we will have to wet for some more informasion and conphirmasion to get to the part. Precisely the reason of my earlier rekwest to Rahulbhai.

I propose ...

Rishi Birghu was a gifted young men who possessed knowledge of sun, moon, jupitar and the rest.
Rishi Birghu selected a village of 500 for his project.
Rishi Bhirgu visited the village or lived in the village ... making notes of all daily happenings in the lives of his research objects.
At certain stage of research Rishi Bhirgu knew ... he was on to something.
Rishi Bhirgu came to notice that there was no randomness ... that there was cohesive uniformity between the stars and daily lives of his subject matters ... the villagers. Theory was beginning to take a form. Notes kept piling up.
After certain number of years ... Rishi Bhirghu thought to himself ... ok ... I have enough material now to go back to the Himalayas ... put it all together ... prepare for a presentation.
Rishi Bhirghu presented his findings to a group of peers for a`acceptance in to the league of the great knowers. He was found to be eligible, congratulated, and hailed as the bright future.
Rishi Bhirghu now a confirmed member of the elite club ... finds himself some bright students to start training them in to the latest science of predictology.
Now ... Chitralaji ... so far so good ... unless you disagree with above ... this is not far removed from the way researches are done today.

Chitralaji ... shall we proceed from here?
Because now we need to find out about remedies? Where did these come from? If you recall at the start of this thread ... we had a one post person with the problem seeking help with saade saati ... Rahulbhai, Pankajji (?) and respectable Krantikaribhai offered remedial suggestions. Rishi Birghu and his team were the predictors ... where from came the remedies?

Immensely interesting..... It is going good so far... (but remember we are talking 3000 BC and I guess we presume that bhrigu knew that universe wasn't geocentric. )

Unfortunately, never read much about Bhrigu-samhita previously.... was going through some online material(not sure how authentic they are)...
Good news is that original copy of bhrigu samhita is still with some people in Benaras/poona/meerut. It is said that the samhita has got account of every human born and going to be born on this planet (which i believe is a rumour)
The samhita also talk about remedies. Apparently there are eleven chapters. Each deal with different aspects of life:

Kundli Khand ‑ horoscopes;

Phabit Khand ‑ *forecasts;

Jarah‑*Par*haran ‑ previous lives;

Tathalin Bhrig‑*Prashan ‑ *questions of Bhrigu;

Nasht‑Janmong Deepiha ‑ index to lost horoscopes;

Sa*rivarisht‑*Nivaran‑*Khand ‑ remedy to human pro*blems;

Raj‑K*hand *‑ pertaining to rule;

Santan‑upaya‑K*hand ‑ *for be*getting child*ren;

Narpati-Jaya*charya Khand ‑ for the victory and works of a king;

Istri‑*Phabit‑K*hand ‑ on the nature of women.

So the sixth chapter deals with remedies.... what does this lead us to....where does this fit into the concepts of Karma and moksha?
Did Bhrigu manage to find a way to bypass the law of nature/Gods? Was islamic invasion and destruction of the prophetic knowledge was designed by Gods to put humans back to their fatalistic and helpless selves.

It is really interesting.....come to think of it... with the knowledge of past/present/future and abilities to control the various adjustors(ie various affecting planets etc)....humans were just touch lesser than Gods.... Almost Gods...mortal Gods...

Last edited by chitrala; September 16th, 2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old September 16th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks to you, HarHarbhai, .
You are welcome.
Old September 17th, 2008, 06:44 AM

Thumbs up Re: I am Kanya raashi, passing through a worst phase

Quote:
Immensely interesting.....
Interesting ... yes ... very interesting. I have thought about it all day ... didn't like a bit where the exercise was leading me to ... knocking at the very foundations of my faith. I should not take such liberties ... not in the absence of knowledgeable people for guidance.

Chitralalji ... too many blanks ... blank spaces. I have decided to move away from the brink ... stop ... take few steps back ... go back to my instincts ... return back to my genetic module ... go back to the experiences of my childhood ... and back in to the comfort zone of my cultural upbringing.

I have gotten few answers to satisfy my curiosity for the time being.

Newspaper horoscopes are full of shit. 12 rashis ... 12 birth signs ... I share my birth sign with 800 million people ... I have yet to meet one who shares with me a thing. But ... our Jyotish Shastra ... Birghu Samhita got more to it. Just cause we can't decipher is not the reason good enough to discard it.

I no longer sit on the fence.

Krantikaribhai ... I wait.

Rahulbhai ... see if you have anything to add as per earlier request.

Old September 17th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you could have cited a better example... a real one...like mr. Chandra Gupta....khair...if you know the Vishwa Mitra story then you must be knowing how much he had to fight for the Brahmarshi tag....... everyone was ready to call him Rajarshi but it took him long to get the brahmarshi status...

and BTW Karna was a varnashankar (he should be ) as his father was a god and mom was a kshatrani...by rearing he was sarathi by vocation he was a kshatriya... but these are exceptions.... general public ki maa bahen hui padi thi.... achhooton ka socho...kya khaat lagti hogi...saala kya equal opprtunity....achchhe bhale padhe likhon ko to ved samajh na aaye...jinhone kuchh na padha unhe kya khaak pata chalega...
punditjee bolein beta paanch feet door hi rahiyo..nahi to narak bhogoge...to manana hi padega na Boss.... Public ka $%^^ kaat kaat kar bahut aish kiya hai....aur ab usko skill aur valour ke naam par justify kiya ja raha hai...

Aur main bhi to yahin kah raha hoon....there is a difference between ought and is.... jo hona chahiye wo nahi hota hai....caste system ek bahut bada c!$@%$% hai/tha.... what's the problem in admitting that.....
Brahmarishi is not a title that was very common even amonst the Brahmin sages too...... For that a lot of effort was needed...... It wasnt as if Vishvarath had to put in more efforts to become Brahmarishi while others got it for free...... Infact, there arent many Brahmarishis only....... And in such a scenario Vishvarath being one was a shining example....... Other more germane examples could be Valia turning Valmiki...... Another precise instance of equality and cross caste acceptance...... The Maurya dynasty was amongst the greatest dynasties of Indian History AND it was a 'low caste' dynasty....... Ashoka was a descendent of the same dynasty...... Lord Krishna was an Ahir (the descendent of Yadav)...... A Gwala..... What more equality could this system offer......???

The bottomline is whoever toiled in whichever field could make it big there...... So stop potraying the Brahmins or kshtriyas as if they held their positions by sheer deceit and cunning...... No body stopped the Vaishyas to fight war along side the Kshtriyas but they chose a safer way of business that didnt demand blood and physical pain....... So they remained there...... But Kshtriyas gave blood and in turn received kingship as a reward........

Its understandable if you bemoan the state of caste system today....... Or in the medieval times...... But then the system too had gotten old...... Can you think of a system in existance that has been in place for such a long epoch and still continues to operate on the pristine principles as it did ages ago.....???? Even God has metamorphosed into something totally different from what He must have been then.......!!!!!!!!
Old September 17th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Clown Prince

Quote:
Brahmarishi is not a title that was very common even amonst the Brahmin sages too...... For that a lot of effort was needed...... It wasnt as if Vishvarath had to put in more efforts to become Brahmarishi while others got it for free...... Infact, there arent many Brahmarishis only....... And in such a scenario Vishvarath being one was a shining example....... Other more germane examples could be Valia turning Valmiki...... Another precise instance of equality and cross caste acceptance...... The Maurya dynasty was amongst the greatest dynasties of Indian History AND it was a 'low caste' dynasty....... Ashoka was a descendent of the same dynasty...... Lord Krishna was an Ahir (the descendent of Yadav)...... A Gwala..... What more equality could this system offer......???

The bottomline is whoever toiled in whichever field could make it big there...... So stop potraying the Brahmins or kshtriyas as if they held their positions by sheer deceit and cunning...... No body stopped the Vaishyas to fight war along side the Kshtriyas but they chose a safer way of business that didnt demand blood and physical pain....... So they remained there...... But Kshtriyas gave blood and in turn received kingship as a reward........

Its understandable if you bemoan the state of caste system today....... Or in the medieval times...... But then the system too had gotten old...... Can you think of a system in existance that has been in place for such a long epoch and still continues to operate on the pristine principles as it did ages ago.....???? Even God has metamorphosed into something totally different from what He must have been then.......!!!!!!!!
Again you are mixing mythology and reality.... ohh I forgot you'd say they were real persons...flesh and bones...

whateve,r my point was Vishwamitra was really pissed off as despite being in penance for thousands of years he was not given the maharishi title (or whatever....seems Brahma announces it)..

Lord Krishna was not was not a gwala...he was a kshatriya by birth...he was brought up by Nand... Yadavs are supposed to be descendant of Yadu (another Kshatriya).

I forgot the name of the guy, a shoodra, who took the Saraswati river and left it to dry in desert with his mantrabal....he was infuriated because brahmins didn't let him read veds. Then there was Shambook, Eklavya and thousands of their ilk.

but if you talk about the real world... kings always belonged to different castes...it was not that only Kshatriyas used to fight....Chandragupta's father was also a soldier....one of the major reasons for the fall of hinduism and rise of buddhism was caste system....

This system can not be justified for any period of time.... Any system which makes a human life inhumane is not justified.... any system which punishes you for no fault of yours is faulty.... The caste system means rubbish for past/present/future alike.... just because our antecedents practised it does not mean it was right.

I am pretty sure that you know it is wrong but this "how can our ancestors be wrong?" holds you back to accept it and you are seeking for handfuls of examples against the suffering of lakhs for thousands of years...

Old September 17th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Rahulbhai ... see if you have anything to add as per earlier request.
Astrology is a matter of faith...... Faith is always irrational...... a majority of people in a recent poll confessed that they would believe more in God than a Doctor for the treatment of life threatning diseases......!!!!! I am not an extremist to simply denounce astrology as worthy of a trash can....... Nor do I have any great evidences to prove it works....... I have a personal random collection of some astounding predictions and I also have an equally big share of failures too....... These astounding predictions would be treated as mere co-incidences or incidental probabilities by some ultra-rational minds........ But even if they are co-incidences, they are far too many and far too amazing ones....... Overall its interesting.........

Do we always do rational things in life.....??? And how many people use Astrology to shape their lives.....??? Its often used as tertiary input, or even less...... All faiths are an expression of a weak mind........ But then human beings are too often prone to weaknesses of mind....... We are not Robots....... So what's the harm if someone finds some consolation in the words of a Jyotish who offers them a hope of a good time in the offing....... I am sure no one waits for things that are of pressing nature just bcos an astrologer has told them........ Most people discard the bad predictions as untrue and takes the good ones with a smiling face....... I would rather treat the CNBC analysts with scorn who 'predicts', after the stock market crashes...... ...... I am yet to make a profit following the predictions of these analysts....... Or the predictions of the Metrological department who would predict a clear blue sky only to find that it rained just hours after their prediction....... ..... But these things dont affect lives in a big way so people take it without much annoyance......

So is astrology such a big evil that it deserves to be brandished as threat to existence or mankind or whatever....???
Old September 17th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: I am Kanya raashi, passing through a worst phase

I also have a problem. Please see this.