eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old June 26th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Happy-go-lucky :-)

aries_gal is on a distinguished road
ATT screwed me :(

I bought ATT wireless National plan last sept, it was a one year contract.
Last month I recvd a letter from a company called Unicel, that ATT wireless is calling off service in my area from Jun 26th, and i need to switch to Unicel b4 Jun 26th. I immediately called up Cust-care of ATT and that guy adviced me to wait till I get an intimation from ATT. Today, Jun 26th, there is no service
I called up ATT cust-care today, and the lady says, they have sold my area's GSM plans to Unicel and I need to talk to them. So the problem is Unicel is changing my original plan from GSM to TDMA and they are taking off my free night and weekend minutes. So I am royally screwed. I cannot terminate till sept in order to avoid early terminataion fees. On mentioning to her today that one of you guys advised that I should wait for a letter from ATT, she says there might have been a communication gap, my foot!

I feel cheated and these two corporates are taking me on a ride. The contract I agreed before purchase seems to cover ATT's ass. So there am I, helpless and without phone for today

Need advice about how I should deal with them
ATT SUCKS
Old June 26th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

Whenever AT&T calls me to join their service, I tell them I don't like your service because you lie and cheat. They don't say anything else. I've had bad experiences as well... and have decided that no matter how good the offer is, AT&T is not for me.

How to deal with them... I don't think there's a lot you can do because of the contract agreement. But you can share your story and discourage people from using them. They do suck.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 26th, 2004, 01:22 PM
eCharchan

rockandroll is an unknown quantity at this point
Aries, I agree ATT really sucks, we switched our service from regular to GSM, since last 7 months we have been getting minimum bill of $400. Every month when I get my monthly statement I have to call ATT & ask them to recalculate all our minutes since they were charging mobile to mobile (which is free) for $200 + additional minutes on mobile to mobile. But they have been giving credit to us but still it doesn't matter I don't have time every month to sit down and go over with the bill, calling the CS dept of ATT is pain in assss..... after getting hold of somebody then they make you wait for another 30-40mint to go over with the bill. I asked them since your services has been so bad can we disconnect the service without paying any fine, but they said no worst to worst will give you 100 mintues free beside that they can't do anything....I hate it man WORST SERVICE
Old June 26th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
guys let me know of a good wireless service provider. I need good coverage, good handset (tri-band), good customer service.
Old June 26th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by YedaAnna
guys let me know of a good wireless service provider. I need good coverage, good handset (tri-band), good customer service.
AT&T

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 26th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Charchila
AT&T
abey oye seriously bol naa
Old June 27th, 2004, 07:44 AM
eCharchan

rockandroll is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

I heard nextel is pretty good or t-mobile
Old June 27th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
i've had sprint fo tha past 3 years now..customer service is good..and so is the reception etc..lotta folkz dont like sprint though..

have heard that cingular is good..

YAWN..kya neend aa rahi hai yaar...it sho iz a laZy sunday mid-mornin...
Old June 27th, 2004, 02:08 PM

After much tu-tu-main-main and a long chat with the cust-reps, I finally was able to waive my contract agreement with AT&T .
Lost my old number as I had to cancel my subscription,
Planning on a new n chic T-mobile
Beware of AT & T, they suck big time
Old June 27th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Quote:
Originally posted by aries_gal
After much tu-tu-main-main and a long chat with the cust-reps, I finally was able to waive my contract agreement with AT&T .
Lost my old number as I had to cancel my subscription,
Planning on a new n chic T-mobile
Beware of AT & T, they suck big time
Do you have to buy a new phone now?

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 27th, 2004, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Charchila
Do you have to buy a new phone now?
Yeah, I have to , as I am changing my service provider.
Old June 27th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Junior eCharchan

Thorn is on a distinguished road
If you're looking at the best coverage nationwide, I would suggest Verizon. But if you're interested in the GSM technology, T-mobile is the best so far. They are improving a lot these days.

I was with Sprint and had to change to Verizon. But recently my company has a business plan and they gave me T-mobile; so I cancelled my Verizon. I got Nokia 6600 phone. It's awesome!

BTW, I've a question. In this process of changing services, I've gathered some 3 phones so far and they all are in excellent conditions. One is Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS), Audiovox and Nokia 3895i (Verizon). Nokia 3895i is a color screen and is a great phone. I don't know if I can do anything out of these... can anybody suggest what best can I do with these 3 used non-GSM phones? Are these of any monitory value?
Old June 27th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

i was also wondering bout the same thing thorn bhai. if we got a triband phone, can it be used in india with a different SIM card? Or is it just plain useless?

im gonna stick with GSM. coz with TDMA at times, the reception flutters. also, in buildings no TDMA

guess i will also have to go ahead with tmobile. heard that their reception quality isnt that good, but with att screwing around, there is no alternative. verizon isnt available in my area
Old June 27th, 2004, 10:10 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Is there no consumer help or something? Why US and Kanada behind the world when it comes to these latest technologies? My friend finds asian countries way ahead.

Yeda my friend's fone (I think its triband) works everywhere including Yendia except in Japan. People try to explain me why one phone cannot work everywhere ... I understand dick.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; June 29th, 2004 at 02:50 AM.
Old June 27th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

haan tantu bhaiyya. when it comes to cellphones, ye salla des sucks big time.

india mein cell phone market to kya boom mein hai bhaiyya. kya competition hai. free ring tones, wallpapers aur kya kya.

idhar thenga.

saala saal bhar se wohi ring tone sun rela hoon main

india mein phone issliye nahi chalta tantu bhai, kyonki yeh maadarbhangi american cell phone companiya, handset ko sim-specific bana dete hai. here you get ATT Nokia phone not nokia phone

to saala tri band ho char-band ho, woh saala SIM-tied raha to kidhar bhi nahi chalega. itz triband just coz u can use it on other networks abroad incurring heavy roaming charges