eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:49 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
What If We Were To Take Best Bits and Pieces ...

No. I am not talking of this. This thread is in Religion forum.

What if we were to take best bits and pieces from all the existing religions and faiths to form a new religion?

From Hinduism ... I will take law-of-karma.
From Islam ... a bit of control over women. Equality among two genders is not only not possible but also a deterrent to social structure and relationship within a family unit. Not just one pillar, women are all the pillars of our society. Why does a women have to expose her legs (in skirts ... short or long) in order to be admired (even at work places) while all I have to show is my face and hands ... dressed in full suit. Women have become an object of lust. Islam has the answer ... I believe.
From Christianity ... organizational structure.
Jainism and Buddhism ... respect for life ... human or insects.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com

Last edited by badriprasad; November 15th, 2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What If We Were To Take Best Bits and Pieces ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post

What if we were to take best bits and pieces from all the existing religions and faiths to form a new religion?

From Islam ... a bit of control over women. Equality among two genders is not only not possible but also a deterrent to social structure and relationship within a family unit. Not just one pillar, women are all the pillars of our society. Why does a women have to expose her legs (in skirts ... short or long) in order to be admired (even at work places) while all I have to show is my face and hands ... dressed in full suit. Women have become an object of lust. Islam has the answer ... I believe.
jaa it would be called deen illahi or some such shit. i think an assole empera colled akber tried that or mebbe beerbal did - i dunno but it's been tried thank you
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I disagree with your bits from Islam. In fact, I had suggested a better system for clothing men/women elsewhere on echarcha... whereby we elect, by vote, a committee that will rate every individual in the world... and based on that rating, that individual will be allowed to wear certain amount/kind of clothing. This will be a much better, scientific, rational and sophisticated method than just grouping people into two kinds, male and female (which btw is sexist and will be shot down by the politically correct police).

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I disagree with your bits from Islam. In fact, I had suggested a better system for clothing men/women elsewhere on echarcha... whereby we elect, by vote, a committee that will rate every individual in the world... and based on that rating, that individual will be allowed to wear certain amount/kind of clothing. This will be a much better, scientific, rational and sophisticated method than just grouping people into two kinds, male and female (which btw is sexist and will be shot down by the politically correct police).
In fact, with this system everybody, male or female, starts out with wearing a burkah. A new-born child will have to be covered in a burkah. Anybody who wants to try a different group of clothing has to then attend a meeting with one or more committee members, who will be from all around the world and have offices in each and every corner of the world (akin to UN).

This meeting will provide them with a certificate of rating that will be like a license to wear a specific kind of clothing and they will have to carry this around every time they wear a clothing different than the burkah. There will be special police that will walk around everywhere and those not in a burkah will be requested for a licence. Anybody who doesn't comply will get lashes (very much like what you proposed, Badpeesarad pai).

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:25 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

About food, my mother used to always recall an old saying :

The recipe for a perfect meal :

..a brahmin maharaj
..masala like the mussalman
...the table manners like the Englishman..
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
About food, my mother used to always recall an old saying :

The recipe for a perfect meal :

..a brahmin maharaj
..masala like the mussalman
...the table manners like the Englishman..
Ghanta - brahmin maharaj mutton kaise banayega?

My ideal recipe

Mussalman cook
Sardar tandooriya
Mallu barman
Tambi waiter
Shetty (Tulu) manager

Buddhists, Brahmins and all other vegetarians ... in some other country.

Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:48 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
Ghanta - brahmin maharaj mutton kaise banayega?

My ideal recipe

Mussalman cook
Sardar tandooriya
Mallu barman
Tambi waiter
Shetty (Tulu) manager

Buddhists, Brahmins and all other vegetarians ... in some other country.

The chief rasoiyaa for our village family functions is a brahmin and he cooks excellent non-vegetarian dishes. Maithil brahmins eat nonveg but he is not a maithil brahmin.

Old November 23rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

TYji, I think its good to give a choice rather than make a rule. In some villages (and cities) in India, women still wear sarees and salwar kameez to work. They chose how they want to dress up. Its important to everyone to have a choice.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:08 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Brahmin Maharaj is for the hygiene's sake.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied