eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > TV and Radio

Notices

TV and Radio Whats up with your favorite show?

Old May 10th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question Who really runs the Indian media? How secular is our Indian media?

These two video clips will be quite eye opening. They surely will make you think a while.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:58 AM
The Observer !

Honest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who really runs the Indian media? How secular is our Indian media?

Cha Pai, I was aware of these facts and was planning to post the same in TEXT format.

Here is the text format of the above Video with some more FACTS. The text marked in RED COLOUR is not their in the Video but they are also the FACTS OF INDIAN MEDIA.

Quote:
A VERY INTERESTING ARTICLE ... ONE MUST READ
There are several major publishing groups in India , the most prominent among them being the Times of India Group, the Indian Express Group, the Hindustan Times Group, The Hindu group, the Anandabazar Patrika Group, the Eenadu Group, the Malayalam Manorama Group, the Mathrubhumi group, the Sahara group, the Bhaskar group,and the Dainik Jagran group.

Let us see the ownership of different media agencies.

NDTV: A very popular TV news media is funded by Gospels of Charity in Spain Supports Communism. Recently it has developed a soft corner towards Pakistan because Pakistan President has allowed only this channel to be aired in Pakistan . Indian CEO Prannoy Roy is co-brother of Prakash Karat, General Secretary of the Communist party of India . His wife and Brinda Karat are sisters.

India Today which used to be the only national weekly who supported BJP is now bought by NDTV!! Since then the tone has changed drastically and turned into Hindu bashing.

CNN-IBN: This is 100 percent funded by Southern Baptist Church with its branches in all over the world with HQ in US. The Church annually allocates $800 million for promotion of its channel. Its Indian head is Rajdeep Sardesai and his wife Sagarika Ghosh.

Times group list:
Times Of India , Mid-Day, Nav-Bharth Times, Stardust, Femina, Vijay Times, Vijaya Karnataka, Times now (24- hour news channel) and many more.. Times Group is owned by Bennet & Coleman. 'World Christian Council¢ does 80 percent of the Funding, and an Englishman and an Italian equally share balance 20 percent. The Italian Robertio Mindo is a close relative of Sonia Gandhi.

Star TV: It is run by an Australian, who is supported by St. Peters
Pontifical Church Melbourne.

Hindustan Times: Owned by Birla Group, but hands have changed since Shobana Bhartiya took over. Presently it is working in Collaboration with Times Group.

The Hindu:
English daily, started over 125 years has been recently taken over by
Joshua Society, Berne , Switzerland . N.Ram's wife is a Swiss national.
Indian Express: Divided into two groups.

The Indian Express and new Indian Express (southern edition) ACTS
Christian Ministries have major stake in the Indian Express and latter is still with the Indian counterpart.

Eeenadu: Still to date controlled by an Indian named Ramoji Rao.
Ramoji Rao is connected with film industry and owns a huge studio in Andhra Pradesh .

Andhra Jyothi: The Muslim party of Hyderabad known as MIM along with a Congress Minister has purchased this Telugu daily very recently.
The Statesman: It is controlled by Communist Party of India.

Kairali TV: It is controlled by Communist party of India (Marxist)

Mathrubhoomi: Leaders of Muslim League and Communist leaders have major investment.

Asian Age and Deccan Chronicle: Is owned by a Saudi Arabian Company with its chief Editor M.J. Akbar.

Gujrat riots which took place in 2002 where Hindus were burnt alive,
Rajdeep Sardesai and Bharkha Dutt working for NDTV at that time got around 5 Million Dollars from Saudi Arabia to cover only Muslim victims which they did very faithfully. Not a single Hindu family was interviewed or shown on TV whose near and dear ones had been burnt alive, it is reported.

Tarun Tejpal of < <http://tehelka.com/>Tehelka.com regularly gets flat check from Arab countries to target BJP and Hindus only, it is said.
The ownership explains the control of media in India by foreigners. The result is obvious.
Old May 10th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

There has been a discussion on this topic recently when Babu Hyderabadi posted similar links. No point in reiterating same points over and over again.
Interesting piece by Vinod Mehta on this issue in the latest issue of outlook.

Honestly Biased If I declared I was an "independent" observer of the political scene, some—perhaps most—of you would burst into laughter. It would be pointed out that in a long and distinguished career as a Congress chamcha—hankering after an ambassadorship (with my luck they would offer me Sudan or Iceland), or a Padma Shri (which I hope I will have the courage to refuse, since, unlike heart surgeons and Odissi dancers, journalists are required to scrutinise and pronounce on the rulers of the day who are precisely the gentlemen honouring you), or a Rajya Sabha ticket (because I talk too much and say politically incorrect things, I would be considered a loose cannon)—I have disgraced myself and my profession. If you’ve stopped laughing now, I will explain. No journalist is objective. He is not an ideological eunuch. If he were, he would be an extremely boring journalist. The independent journalist is a myth sedulously fostered by those who pretend that somehow journalists are "different". I have voted this weekend and you can be sure that my biases played a major part in my decision. Journalists the world over behave similarly. If they claimed that their individual biases had been set aside in their choice, they would be lying.
My personal preferences, on the other hand, do not restrict the range of my editorial agenda. A free and open journal which invites debate and dissent should be fair, even though it may have (like Outlook!) a broad political positioning. What do I mean by fair? Two examples should suffice. The Gandhi family’s assertion that it does not believe in dynastic politics, indeed that it is out to demolish the dynastic principle, is bogus. If you are a Congress supporter, you have to live with dynastic politics.
Second, Narendra Modi. For all his sins, Mr Modi runs an efficient, relatively honest administration which has performed remarkably well on developmental parameters. There are two sides to the Modi coin. The Muslim massacres do not cancel out his achievements as chief minister. And vice-versa.
I maintain I am an unbiased journalist, although there may have been occasional lapses since I became editor of Debonair. Even when I was editing the aforementioned girlie magazine, I was accused of bias: the centrespread ladies, it was alleged, were shown left-inclined!

Old May 10th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Our secular gan#&** are also basically christians at heart. Unfortunately the BJP does not have enough money power to get any toe hold on this media mad@#%***. Narendra Modi's way is the only way out. Be blatently Hindu and develop your state that the Kangress never can. The Gujarati's swear by BJP and Narendra Modi. The people of Madhya Pradesh swear by the BJP so is the case with Chattisgarh.

These anti-Indian secular sultans are going to be soon talking to the walls. Lets hope the BJP does well this time.

Last edited by Cooldude; May 10th, 2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Expletives cleared.
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:31 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

I dont want to derail thread but you must check out this terrific mauling Sagarika Ghose gets from Ram Jethmalani... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpQNfLdAyg8
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Super eCharchan

Soorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Who really runs the Indian media? How secular is our Indian media?

I was watching NDTV 24X7 this weekend and you have to see it to believe how disappointed the anchors were on seeing Nitish and Modi on one stage and display solidarity . They used such words like 'NDA is holding the rally to show it's so-called secular allies are with them '.I am definitely sure that had Nitish joined UPA ,they would have been hailing him as the champion of secularism .

There is no doubt that the large segment of Indian media is biased towards the establishment for want of govt. ads .
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:14 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Organiser ... if you wish to read the truth. Daily/weekly glance ... make it a habit.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorma Bhopali View Post
There is no doubt that the large segment of Indian media is biased towards the establishment for want of govt. ads .
Wrong they are biased towards Congress whether it remains in Power or Opposition. Most of Media persons have not got out of their slave mindset of British Raj. They can be biased to only Congress like parties.
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
Wrong they are biased towards Congress whether it remains in Power or Opposition. Most of Media persons have not got out of their slave mindset of British Raj. They can be biased to only Congress like parties.
The only independent-minded mediapersons in india are balbir punj, b p singhal and chandan mitra.
Never knew communists and Vatican go hand in hand...

Old May 11th, 2009, 01:53 AM
The Observer !

Honest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Who really runs the Indian media? How secular is our Indian media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I dont want to derail thread but you must check out this terrific mauling Sagarika Ghose gets from Ram Jethmalani... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpQNfLdAyg8
Thats a great Video dear Shakti Pai.

Actually Sagarika was trying to be oversmart by repeating the same question again and again but Ram Jethmalani taught her the lesson.
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
The only independent-minded mediapersons in india are balbir punj, b p singhal and chandan mitra.
Never knew communists and Vatican go hand in hand...
They are overtly from the BJP unlike the other so called secular media under whose spell people like you are in. Those guys are covertly communist or Kangress.
Old May 11th, 2009, 06:10 AM
eCharchan

Mr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Who really runs the Indian media? How secular is our Indian media?

guys, this i believed is a forum with lot of sensible people around. Should we believe all these rumors without much evidence and credibility ? Aren't these theories similar to the "conspiracy theories" by the uneducated Muslim folks ?
I do agree that Indian media is right now not so credible and biased(I had this belief written in my signature), but to go down to this level and give it a religious(Christian) color is some thing i cannot do it in my right senses.
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:43 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bharat View Post
guys, this i believed is a forum with lot of sensible people around. Should we believe all these rumors without much evidence and credibility ? Aren't these theories similar to the "conspiracy theories" by the uneducated Muslim folks ?
I do agree that Indian media is right now not so credible and biased(I had this belief written in my signature), but to go down to this level and give it a religious(Christian) color is some thing i cannot do it in my right senses.
kya yaar even GOI is being run by Pop ke log and has a kristian color... press to kangres ki talve chaat-ti hai...
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:46 AM
The Observer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bharat View Post
Are you a Media Person ?