eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

View Poll Results: Am i complaining too much?
yes, how can be you so sure about what others are thinking 3 17.65%
No, I know our societies' double standards and immaturity 12 70.59%
amm...Indian married girls should not wear skirts whatsoever it may be... 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 28th, 2009, 11:17 AM
King of repeat posts!

Desi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond repute
we went Skirt shopping, and...!!!

Yesterday, my wife and I went to shopping. Among other wardrobe items there was a special thing in our list and that was skirt for my wife. I know many of you have already raised you eyebrows and started thinking okay its another that kind of thread which will be derailed and all the haramigiri. Kar lena baad me but pehle serious talks.

So, coming back to skirt matter. Skirt may be another piece of attire for many of you here but I have never seen my wife (we have been married for two years now after a courtship of around 4.5 years) in skirts. So it was my desire that she wears this. Today when we went to one showroom (in Delhi) and asked for skirt for her, I could see a typical delhiiete-conservative-expression on the face of young lady. The reason; we had with us our 7 months old child. I thought its just my preception or may a case of another unapathic salesgirl. She was not at all interested in showing good skirts to my wife and when my wife went to try-room, that bugger was doing some akhon akhon me ishara to her colegue salesgirl. I didnt liked her attitude and we went to another showroom. Now, this showroom for full girls clothing was not having a single salesgirl, all the sales person were boys. And again, when we asked them to show us knee-length skirt, I can see the expressions on the face of some young lads. All that tounting smiles on the face and I was getting irritated. Why on this earth a young mom cannot wear knee-lenght skirts. We were not asking for micro-minis but were also not looking for long gown type skirts; and why the fuck a salesperson should show weird expressions even if we ask for the sleziest of thing available on the showroom. Anyways, the pieces shown there also did not pleased me and we went third showroom. This showroom boss was a lady, she was sitting on the counter. As soon as I went inside she greeted us with a very warm smile and asked how can she help us. I thought now finally we are in the right place. My wife asked her for a slight above knee-length skirts... and boy-O-boy her expressions also changed...means i can feel that uneasy-ness, that typical middle-class "how U can do that which i am not able to" expression, those typical strange uneasy eye-contacts. I was really shocked with all the incidents of the day. The major thing which surprised me that these guys are selling these item still theyfeel so uneasy about showing this to a lady who has a toddler in her hand... I was really taken aback from this typical-middle-class-conservative attitude. And if this was the attitude of the people selling it, I am thinking about those young-recent-married-girls, how they strive to dress in the way they want. Offcourse I am not talking about the indicent dressing here. I am not sure why our society is still so im-mature or maybe I am thinking too much...

Faltu ki Bakkar, chakkar chakkar chakkar chakkar....

- Winner of Crown of the week!
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:25 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: we went Skirt shopping, and...!!!

I am not voting on this poll, but IMO, none of those sales persons believed that she was lawfully married wife,
or,
if they did, they thought you guys were upto something really kinky.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old September 28th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Desi Baawra,

You said Delhi, right? I was under the impression that Delhi is more cosmopolitan than other cities. Are you sure the expression's were of insulting nature? Could they have been admiring a young mom wanting to wear a knee length skirt?

Nothing wrong in wanting to wear skirts...be it a micro mini or a floor length. Next time it happens and if you are sure that the sales people didnt mean well, make a big scene. I would and I did.
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
King of repeat posts!

Desi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Desi Baawra,

You said Delhi, right? I was under the impression that Delhi is more cosmopolitan than other cities. Are you sure the expression's were of insulting nature? Could they have been admiring a young mom wanting to wear a knee length skirt?

Nothing wrong in wanting to wear skirts...be it a micro mini or a floor length. Next time it happens and if you are sure that the sales people didnt mean well, make a big scene. I would and I did.

Ralhi, you know wat, if you are in impression that Delhi is a cosmopolitan city than you are carrying a big mis-conception. Delhi is the city I love as I am born in this city and lived here all my life but alas the hypocracy which prevails here is very sad. I have heard Bombay is beter in this category. But who knows...

Old September 28th, 2009, 11:44 AM
King of repeat posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
I am not voting on this poll, but IMO, none of those sales persons believed that she was lawfully married wife,
or,
if they did, they thought you guys were upto something really kinky.

Yes this wat I was expecting and this is wat I was seeing in thier eyes... kinnkyness!!!

Old September 28th, 2009, 11:47 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Thats why I hate shopping in India... buggers eat your head... there are more salesgirls / boys than number of people shopping. They come and bug you with "This will look better on you maam" or some such thing.

I prefer shopping here coz people come ask you if need help... you say NO and they disappear. end of story.

coming to your story... Delhi is much more modern than many parts of India but still there are all kinds of people... even in US I would hardly ever see a married desi woman wearing knee length skirts.
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:48 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Baawra View Post
Yes this wat I was expecting and this is wat I was seeing in thier eyes... kinnkyness!!!
Maybe, you should try going shopping without the baby in hand. Maybe their reactions would be different?

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Desi Baawra,

You said Delhi, right? I was under the impression that Delhi is more cosmopolitan than other cities.
Delhi and cosmopolitan ?? Hahaha - u gotta be kidding me.. if you had said pretentious, class conscious, racist... i'd have agreed - cosmopolitan?? no way...
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
if you had said pretentious, class conscious, racist... i'd have agreed - cosmopolitan?? no way...
isnt all those things part of cosmopolitan culture?

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Baawra View Post
Ralhi, you know wat, if you are in impression that Delhi is a cosmopolitan city than you are carrying a big mis-conception. Delhi is the city I love as I am born in this city and lived here all my life but alas the hypocracy which prevails here is very sad. I have heard Bombay is beter in this category. But who knows...
I haven't lived in Delhi so I didn't properly know. I stand corrected. Did you buy the skirt finally? If the sales people behave this way for a skirt, I wonder what they really do in lingerie sections.

You spoke about young-recent-married-girls....usually they dress according to their husbands/inlaws taste.
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
isnt all those things part of cosmopolitan culture?
nahi yaar - a cosmo politan city doesn't give a shit about whether you wear a skirt or a langot.. people have their niches and it's not as judgemental/ hypocritical as places like delhi.. which even while being a big metro carries a small town mindset..
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:53 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Delhi and cosmopolitan ?? Hahaha - u gotta be kidding me.. if you had said pretentious, class conscious, racist... i'd have agreed - cosmopolitan?? no way...
bilkul sahi... at the same time add classy too.

Delhiites generally judge you by your branded clothes, cell phone, car/ bike, how much you spend on an outing...
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM
King of repeat posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
Maybe, you should try going shopping without the baby in hand. Maybe their reactions would be different?

Yeah Ramesh i know...I know from where all this was coming...I dont know why people here start expecting different things when you are married and especially after you have a kid or two... I always knew form where those stares were coming...

Old September 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Delhiites generally judge you by your branded clothes, cell phone, car/ bike, how much you spend on an outing...
Isnt most of India like this? Why single out Delhi. Its just an extension of India but with more assh*les (politicians and bureaucrats) in it!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
King of repeat posts!

Quote:
nahi yaar - a cosmo politan city doesn't give a shit about whether you wear a skirt or a langot.. people have their niches and it's not as judgemental/ hypocritical as places like delhi.. which even while being a big metro carries a small town mindset..

Fully agreed...here in Delhi the mindset is the major problem. Its not narrow its very narrow. I have seen Bahus with theirn inlaws in funplaces like AppuGhar (was Esselworld of Delhi) in Sarees.. yuk!!! Whats the problem man. At the same time the ghar-ki-betiya can wear anything but bahus....