eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Gaming

Notices

Gaming All about the wonderful games on the Internet, PC, XBOX, PS, GameCube, GameBoy...

Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chess Puzzles #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba View Post
move the king to g5...is that what you are looking for landya? sorry, this is the only post i read in this thread..although i know how to play chess, i dont quite understand the terms you guys use like Rdc1 etc

edit: i think my solution is wrong

Rdc1 means rook which is standing on d file - move that to c1 square.
Even Rc1 would have meant the same thing - Rdc1 is just for more clarity.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Just moving the black pawn to e5 is checkmate?I gathered no.Let me think.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:39 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
move the king to g5...
how can black king move to g5... that is not even allowed. Black King would be under check.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
how can black king move to g5... that is not even allowed. Black King would be under check.
oh i see..i thought since black king made the 1st move towards the white queen, the white queen would be under check

shit, i think i have forgotten the basic rules
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:42 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
move the king to g5...is that what you are looking for landya? sorry, this is the only post i read in this thread..although i know how to play chess, i dont quite understand the terms you guys use like Rdc1 etc

edit: i think my solution is wrong
DB, mein bhi seekh raha hoon chess keyy paitre ...books khareed li hai ... par akele akele books paddne mein koi maza nahi ... here we investigate together ... and learn as well
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
Black to play and Win ...

Source: chessgames.com

Diffficulty Level .. Easy
1...Ra7 2.Rb5 Rxa4# Edit : this is not checkmate some other solution guyz.
If1...Ra7 2.Rxa7e5#

Last edited by Napolean; November 3rd, 2009 at 02:04 PM.
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DB, mein bhi seekh raha hoon chess keyy paitre ...books khareed li hai ... par akele akele books paddne mein koi maza nahi ... here we investigate together ... and learn as well
cool...so black to play and win means that we need to think of a move that makes black win in just 1 move?

Last edited by DesiBaba; November 3rd, 2009 at 01:47 PM.
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Just moving the black pawn to e5 is checkmate?I gathered no.Let me think.
Yes that is what I thought ...

DesibabaPai, see the board below, after the pawn is moved to e5 ...the white king cannot move out of check ... Anywhere it goes or anything it captures will not let it move out of check ... Please remember that a king can only move a square in any direction at any time (except ofcourse during castling with a rook where it moves two squares horizontal direction)

Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:48 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
cool...so black to play and win means that we need tot hink so a move that makes black win in just 1 move?
Usually these puzzles imply playing a set of moves such that the other opponent is forced to play a move(s) (of a set of moves) such that any such move will not make it win the game ...

With reference to the puzzle that you are looking at, this could be achieved in just one move by black ...
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Usually these puzzles imply playing a set of moves such that the other opponent is forced to play a move(s) (of a set of moves) such that any such move will not make it win the game ...

With reference to the puzzle that you are looking at, this could be achieved in just one move by black ...
Landya bhau,white rook is there to take that pawn.So black has to get that rook out of the way somehow.See my solution a few posts back.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:52 PM
Chosen One

Quote:
1...Ra7 2.Rb5 Rxa4#
If1...Ra7 2.Rxa7e5#
what does this mean nappy? say black R makes a move to a7..but then white Rook will kill black Rook..no?
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Landya bhau,white rook is there to take that pawn.So black has to get that rook out of the way somehow.See my solution a few posts back.
Ooops, where was I sleeping
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
what does this mean nappy? say black R makes a move to a7..but then white Rook will kill black Rook..no?
That scenario is covered in 2nd line DB.If white rook takes black rook then just move the black pawn to e5.Checkmate.

Edit - I guess this is not correct.Ra4+ is not checkmate.

Last edited by Napolean; November 3rd, 2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Proud LLKC member

Re: Chess Puzzles

How about the following set of moves ...

(1) ..., Ra4+

(2) e5, ...

(2.5)..., Rxe5# (Checkmate)

Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Proud LLKC member

Re: Chess Puzzles

Naps, I did not look at your solution (but I think the solution in previous post is checkmate?)

DB, if you look at the board, you will understand ...