eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old February 16th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Hypothetical scenario!

I had a flashing thought on my way to work today while driving in a snow storm. India is playing quite well based on our performance with Pakistan. Pak always tends to bring out the best in India during the world cup. India pak match is always a high-pitched, high-tension match. Both countries come to a grinding halt. Well played India! Good performance allround!

Now lets say India continues with this performance and becomes a leader in Group B. South Africa is also playing very well and is likely to be No2. Now, it's going to be a fight between PAK, WI, ZIM, IRE, and UAE. Most likely, UAE and IRE won't make it although I wouldn't completely rule out Ireland. Their performance against West Indies was world class. I have a feeling Zimbabwe might make it to No 3 and Pak may somehow slide into No.4.

On the other side of the pool, I think Australia will lead at No 1, England at No , New Zealand at No 3 and Sri Lanka at No 4. They have quite a few newbie teams like Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Scotland, so probability of above 4 teams is high.

So the quarter finals will be India Vs Srilanka, Australia vs Ireland, South Africa vs New Zealand and Pakistan vs England. My take is that India and Australia will cruise to the Semis. South Africa will get it. Having followed Pakistan closely over several years, it's very possible that they rise to the occasion and pull an upset over England.

So first semi finals will be between India and South Africa and the other Semi final between Pakistan and Australia. Where I'm going with this is this - say India and Pakistan win their semis, they will face off each other in the finals.

Thinking about a World Cup final match between India and Pakistan gives me goosebumps. Both countries will come to a grinding halt. It will become the sporting event of the century!

Old February 16th, 2015, 01:45 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hypothetical scenario!

I think if it happens, Indian Army will need to deploy a lot more forces on the LOC and border. Even during this India Pak match, some cross border firing was reported from the Puki side.
Old February 16th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I think if it happens, Indian Army will need to deploy a lot more forces on the LOC and border. Even during this India Pak match, some cross border firing was reported from the Puki side.
If India wins that cup, the euphoria and celebrations will be unparalleled.

Old February 16th, 2015, 02:03 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
If India wins that cup, the euphoria and celebrations will be unparalleled.
Yes, quite like it was the last time around only may be much more. Having said that, the current Indian team would have to play out of their skins and have plenty of luck.
Old February 16th, 2015, 02:46 PM
dr.ibbler

drsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Hypothetical scenario!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
If India wins that cup,
I needed that. Phew... I feel much better now. Thank you.

ड्राइवर सांता बाजुवाल्ला के साथ बहस करना मुश्किल ही नहीं नामुमकिन है