eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Feedback

Notices

Feedback Feedback about eCharcha.Com site...

Old February 17th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: newcomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Agastya
i have been here often but posted very little. tried to be freidnly with ppl in IM
somehow place is cold towards newcomers
or maybe i am not the type who fits here
No one is meant for any website - each one has to create his/her own unique persona.

Agastya, what I have observed over the years is that first a new member needs to establish his/her eCharcha personality and then they receive some reposnes via IM or echarcha PM system. I suggest that you post your views and reactions and see how it goes.
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
maaki mere 2000 post hogaye, mere PM ko koi reply nahi karta. aur ye 4 post leke guftagoo karneke mood mein hai

mazzaak mazzaak
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
khurch paaji.
dekho aaj mehfil jami hai.
apunke puraane punter waapis aagayele hai.
dil khush hogaya
Old February 17th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Junior eCharchan

daffodil is on a distinguished road
If Echarcha closes down it will be very sad. Come on, we Indians should stop taking things so fatalistically and try to find out what is needed.

Here are my suggestions and observations. I am a newcomer here so if I hurt anybody - apologies.

I came across echarcha accidentally. This site needs to be advertised somehow. I feel too few Indians know about this place.

We need to attract non-Indians as well. Even a few would do, and they would really pep things up with their diverse views.

I posted a few msgs but felt no one really cared to reply, or keep the thread going. If this place was alive I would have been visiting a few times a day, instead I visit it once in a few days, and I find time standing still! Have we so little to share with each other??

If we could get together a chatty and intelligent group that was determined to post once or twice daily, we could attract the reticent to eventually join in.

Thanks for reading -
Old February 17th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by daffodil
If Echarcha closes down it will be very sad. Come on, we Indians should stop taking things so fatalistically and try to find out what is needed.

Here are my suggestions and observations. I am a newcomer here so if I hurt anybody - apologies.

I came across echarcha accidentally. This site needs to be advertised somehow. I feel too few Indians know about this place.

We need to attract non-Indians as well. Even a few would do, and they would really pep things up with their diverse views.

I posted a few msgs but felt no one really cared to reply, or keep the thread going. If this place was alive I would have been visiting a few times a day, instead I visit it once in a few days, and I find time standing still! Have we so little to share with each other??

If we could get together a chatty and intelligent group that was determined to post once or twice daily, we could attract the reticent to eventually join in.

Thanks for reading -
Points noted.

Currently everyone seems to be busy with work as its the beginning of the year. But you please continue to post. I am sure there will be responses - slow but steady.
Old February 17th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Angrezan Echarchan

Aga_aur_Hima is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by daffodil

Daffodil, I am an Angrezan and when I reply to a thread, on the rare occasion that I do, the thread either comes to a screaming halt or else the replies that follow are as if I haven't said anything at all. Maybe they all have me on 'iggy'.....
Its chilly for newcomers here, let lone a gori like me. There are times when I really want to say something to a thread but I don't dare. The 'How to Share a Cube with a Firengi' thread was one of the more recent memorable ones. I could field a few 'firengi' questions if anyone would bother to ask but its like nobody feels comfortable asking me......

There are some posters missing (ie Netra) that I really enjoyed reading, and even members that dont say sh*t to me still have provided me with some interesting surfing via the links they post, cold shoulder notwithstanding.

There hasn't been a day that I have logged in without being made aware of stuff going on that I otherwise would not have known about.

Sorry to put the brakes on this thread by replying to it, Sunit.

Last edited by Aga_aur_Hima; February 17th, 2004 at 09:30 PM.
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Senior eCharchan

Zen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Aga_aur_Hima
Daffodil, I am an Angrezan and when I reply to a thread, on the rare occasion that I do, the thread either comes to a screaming halt or else the replies that follow are as if I haven't said anything at all. Maybe they all have me on 'iggy'.....
Its chilly for newcomers here, let lone a gori like me. There are times when I really want to say something to a thread but I don't dare. The 'How to Share a Cube with a Firengi' thread was one of the more recent memorable ones. I could field a few 'firengi' questions if anyone would bother to ask but its like nobody feels comfortable asking me......

There are some posters missing (ie Netra) that I really enjoyed reading, and even members that dont say sh*t to me still have provided me with some interesting surfing via the links they post, cold shoulder notwithstanding.

There hasn't been a day that I have logged in without being made aware of stuff going on that I otherwise would not have known about.

Sorry to put the brakes on this thread by replying to it, Sunit.
Aga_aur_hima,

If you think Netra was well received just because she was an Indian and people refrain from posting replies to you because you are a white lady then you misinterpreted the situation a little bit.

This is not an info exchange forum. We end up get a little virtually personable here. Wmac is an irani guy. Within no time he made so many friends here and is very well received. Why? In first few posts he told us - how he found out about the site, why was he here and then he told us a little about himself. Nothing too personal but we kind of, had our own mental picture of him.

I respect the level of anonymity you keep and it is not decent to guess a lady’s age by her posts. Never dared to ask you, why of all the forums you chose EC? What made you interested in spending some time, reading this bunch of brown-ass nerds? How much do you know about India/Indians or do you know any Indian language? So many little things would have helped to know you better, get your approach, broken the ice!

You are a resource but you ended up being an information silos - exchange of infomation was not easy, now things may change –thanks for opening up a little. You would have helped us so much but somehow people ended up assuming that you are not accessible that way! This post changes the whole thing - finally (I hope)
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:16 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I am an Angrezan and when I reply to a thread, on the rare occasion that I do, the thread either comes to a screaming halt or else the replies that follow are as if I haven't said anything at all. Maybe they all have me on 'iggy'.....
Its chilly for newcomers here, let lone a gori like me.
I been here since your very first day and yet you never have bothered to greet me, read my posts or participate in any of my threads. Why have you been ignoring me?

Please dont be offended by my lack of knowledge but what and where is your country of Angrezan? I have never heard Angrezan, is it some newly formed republic of what formerly was known as USSR?
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

have been around with some of the best-bred caucasian chicks and the same goes with our good ole kallu kabootars, but never come across a "firengi" who blends so comfyly with desi brats who 11 outta 10 times converse in mumbaiyya hindi or udham singhi haryanvi (for that matter) aakhir hum mein kya baat hai jo gore potto mein nahi???

gori=caucasian or fair-skinned like MJ???

Last edited by YedaAnna; February 17th, 2004 at 11:25 PM.
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:41 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by YedaAnna
gori=caucasian or fair-skinned like MJ???
Yeda, what is MJ kiya?

Oh ... now that makes sense why she has been ignored on this board. I dont think majority of echarchans give two cents for color of an echarchan's skin ... they dont care. Goris, kalis, chinese, vietnamese, africans, Arabs ... all look the same once you remove their fashion designer label clothes.

Hinaji, we do care for your views and thoughts on various topics discussed here. In the process we will know you better, learn to appreciate you better and eventually fall in love with you! We have become little wary cause so many new comers and some Pukes come here to spread hatred, filth and views totally allien to us peaceloving Indians.

Daffodil and Agastya ... same goes for you two.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old February 18th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

Zen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to allZen is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by tantric_yogi
I been here since your very first day and yet you never have bothered to greet me, read my posts or participate in any of my threads. Why have you been ignoring me?

Please dont be offended by my lack of knowledge but what and where is your country of Angrezan? I have never heard Angrezan, is it some newly formed republic of what formerly was known as USSR?
... so you assume that this is a fake/duplicate id?
Kind of justifies my theory that suspecious ids is a big reason for slow down at EC.

I think we should have a proper procedure to log and eliminate duplicate ids!
Old February 18th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Junior eCharchan

daffodil is on a distinguished road
EC- I shan't give up on this place so easily now that this thread has woken up a few dullards.

Angrezan - Howdy, please to meet you! I am impressed with your knowledge of hindi. Are you 100% gori or half an half? I'll reply to you sishter.

Tantric Yogi - Tks, I know people don't mean to be rude or indifferent. Maybe they don't have anything to say. Or maybe they find the thread boring but are not in the mood to create a better one.

Zen - you've mentioned that a newcomer who introduces herself/himself is accepted more easily. EC I wonder if we can have a corner which is meant for newcomers to post whatever bio data they're comfortable with. Anyone who wants to can go there and create a 'mental pic of a newcomer'.
Old February 18th, 2004, 06:58 PM

Bill Gates is on a distinguished road
What do you think about me ?
Old February 19th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Angrezan Echarchan

Aga_aur_Hima is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Zen
Aga_aur_hima,

If you think Netra was well received just because she was an Indian and people refrain from posting replies to you because you are a white lady then you misinterpreted the situation a little bit.

This is not an info exchange forum. We end up get a little virtually personable here. Wmac is an irani guy. Within no time he made so many friends here and is very well received. Why? In first few posts he told us - how he found out about the site, why was he here and then he told us a little about himself. Nothing too personal but we kind of, had our own mental picture of him.

I respect the level of anonymity you keep and it is not decent to guess a lady’s age by her posts. Never dared to ask you, why of all the forums you chose EC? What made you interested in spending some time, reading this bunch of brown-ass nerds? How much do you know about India/Indians or do you know any Indian language? So many little things would have helped to know you better, get your approach, broken the ice!

You are a resource but you ended up being an information silos - exchange of infomation was not easy, now things may change –thanks for opening up a little. You would have helped us so much but somehow people ended up assuming that you are not accessible that way! This post changes the whole thing - finally (I hope)
Zen,
Thanks for replying. Now I should clarify things a bit more to avoid any further misunderstanding. Perhaps my anonymity has been the problem. I don't have a problem telling my age as 38, despite a certain echarchan's rantings that I am in my late seventies.

Maybe I was unsure if my opinions were welcome or not. Perhaps I assumed too much from some of the firengi bashing that goes on from time to time. I do appreciate a historical and present tense dislike that can exist on the part of Indian people toward those of the white folk. Quite justifiable given what I know of Indian history! Apart from leaving the English language in India, the Limeys were by and large a big pain in the gand. Needless to say I am happy to know that I am not drawing that type of reaction.

I came here from a now defunct Indian humor site How I arrived at that site was through a Google search on Indians . Although for all intents and purposes I appear white, I have some native (red Indian) background. Anyways, I got here from a link on GM. I came, I read, I registered. The reason I stayed is because there is lots of good stuff to read here from some outstanding posters, whether it be their opinions, knowledge or links/articles that they put here. You could all be a bunch of multi-striped assed nerds and it wouldn't matter one iota. Quality is the only thing that counts with me.

I have always been of the firm belief that one has to open their eyes and mind if one is going to live happily in this world. Lots of people are so myopic and xenophobic in their world view it is pathetic. The average person in North America is so clued out they think all Indian people do is hang around cows, eat curry, and charm snakes. They think of India and they picture poor illiterate people in shacks. When I hear this kind of crap I do take the time to inform them of otherwise.

I grew up in Vancouver Canada, and went to school with almost every race/culture that there is. One of the best things about Canada is that we don't expect people to assimilate like the US does. So my exposure to foreigners has been an enriching experience, and I always tried to help my Czech or Sri Lankan or Maltese or Indian friends to get by here. Before I came here I did know more than the average non-Indian about India, and since I have stayed I know even more. I have even managed to learn a few words here and there, although I admit the first ones I learned were curses.

I admire India and it is a fascinating place I want to visit someday. Of course it has its shortcomings like any other country has. I sympathise with your feelings about Pakistan, as we have our own version of it here in Canada called 'Quebec'. Your foods are delicious, and your clothing and textiles are the most beautiful in the world, bar none. And being that India is the world's largest democracy, home to 18 different languages and a plethora of religions, and most people there do get along with one another, it is a tribute to tolerance in the modern world. I really admire how much family and respect for parents are important to Indian people, something that is so lacking in Western society. It is also a testament to your strong sense of identity that you don't easily leave these values behind when you come here, and how much you do to impart these to your children. Your ways of combining the modern and traditional in your way of life is something a lot of us over here should take a cue from.

Well if I haven't broken the ice I hope at least to have cracked it.
Old February 19th, 2004, 10:46 PM
The One and Only.

brahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud of
Quote:

Well if I haven't broken the ice I hope at least to have cracked it.
Actually it melted and now we are swimming in the water

Awesome Ma'am, I mean your comments. Thats what I like in a lady, frankness.