eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Feedback

Notices

Feedback Feedback about eCharcha.Com site...

Old July 28th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Few changes needed in EC....

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Thanks sprite and all of you who are contributing to this thread. I think I have done enough changes for the day. I will get back to work now. Please keep adding specific suggestions and I will get to it. This is sort of unfair to Cooldude because that poor fellow has been asking me to make changes since long and even gave a few smilies and I just procrastinated. Sorry Coolbhau. But chalo.. better late than never.
may be tomorrow you can work on adjusting the height of poll table (if its not fixed)
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post
may be tomorrow you can work on adjusting the height of poll table (if its not fixed)
I cannot dictate exact height of any of the main page modules because they expand to show all content. So I cannot change the height of the POLLS section. We are using vBAdvanced CMPS. If there are settings in it, I am not aware of. If you know, please share and I will do the needful. But wait a minute? Why do we need to restrict height of the POLL section?
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But wait a minute? Why do we need to restrict height of the POLL section?
I dont know

meri maange bas majduro.n ki maango.n ki tarah badti jaa rahi hain....
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Good suggestions Spriteji...

I would like to add something...The literary section is hidden. Can we make it like any other section?
Rakhi ji,
Will do that as part of the next 'set of improvements' and will do it soon!
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

I dont understand why the top news items need to have a separate group/panel ... Why dont we have the top rated or max discussed threads instead?

In any case if it is breaking news and if it is being discussed, it will show up on the list of threads... I dont see the purpose having taking up some precious space from the front page to group this again...

Also, philosophy thread needs some more new members ... those who participate can you mark your subjective ratings please ... and yes tags as well ...

Last edited by landyaBhai; July 28th, 2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

With poll below the breaking news now,people will keep it rolled up and the participation in the poll will be low and in a way the poll over here is not so soothing to the eyes left was the best place for it.
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good suggestions sprite. See comments inline. All of you eCharchans are free to opine. I will make as many changes as we all agree upon.

Will upload new smileys in the afternoon or tonight. Cooldude also had a couple of good smileys. Need to get them all up. Please post all of them once again. Also suggest what tag you want so that they can show up. For example if you type a colon followed by an uppercase D then you get

But atleast don't use tacky smilies. Use which ones are similar and blend with existing ones.
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Lest I be called lazy and unwilling to change as per user demands, I have done the changes. But I want all of you to opine here and take a majority vote and then I can re-arrange the sections on main page. I am open to suggestions. For now, I went ahead and made as many changes as sprite mentioned. They dont have to be permanent if enough users say that lets rearrange. However, the rearrangement has to be in tune with how we present our forum.
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:05 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Best change would be where members can themselves move and hide sections. Kind of a personalized view. I don't know if thats possible in vBulletin yet.
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

vBulletin and vbAdvancedCMPS do not yet have a 'portal' facility. The day its available, I will surely use it.
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Part of the welcome message reads:

Quote:
Also take a look at our archives>.
Is that > after the word "archives" intentional? I don't think it's necessary.

Good suggestions sprite However, I agree with swami's opinion about the polls: they're better off either in the left or right column. We should push the contents up instead of the poll.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Part of the welcome message reads:

Is that > after the word "archives" intentional? I don't think it's necessary.

Good suggestions sprite However, I agree with swami's opinion about the polls: they're better off either in the left or right column. We should push the contents up instead of the poll.
me too second and third swami's suggestion ... Polls are interesting but not at the cost of threads and posts ...
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lest I be called lazy and unwilling to change as per user demands, I have done the changes. But I want all of you to opine here and take a majority vote and then I can re-arrange the sections on main page. I am open to suggestions. For now, I went ahead and made as many changes as sprite mentioned. They dont have to be permanent if enough users say that lets rearrange. However, the rearrangement has to be in tune with how we present our forum.

No no .. I want it back the way it was ...
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Few changes needed in EC....

bhai log, ek ka icon aur ka icon bhi chahiye
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba View Post
bhai log, ek ka icon aur ka icon bhi chahiye
uska smiley bhi post kar