eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > How to

Notices

How to Stuck for an answer to "How to do .."?

Old October 27th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What could be the problem with the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
No idea what an alternator is, but I will check with the dealer.
Alternator is a device which looks like a motor. It is hooked up to your car engine and a belt goes over its pulley to make it turn as the engine turns. This allows the alternator to produce electricity and charge your battery as the car runs.
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Rkahi tai,

From what you described, you need to do the following checks
1) Tire pressure check - you already did
2) Take car to tire place and get wheel balancing done
3) If problem persists go to dealership and get your transmission checked

These three problems are usually the cause of the symptoms you feel while driving.
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
are u sure its not a rental car??? I mean a car previously owned by a car rental company.
No, I am sure it is not a rental car.

Thanks Sutradharji. I will have to remember wheel balancing, alternator, weight thing which Jai said.
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:50 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

It has to do with what is under your hood ... Rekhaji ... no vibration between 20 to 110 is what you wrote ... unaligned tires don't differentiate between the speeds. Bring car into tire check if not for any other reason but to make these guys happy.

I believe it has to do with transmission, engine, timing and something mechanics refer to as torque or something of sort. It could be a minor tweak or a major repair bill.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No idea what an alternator is, but I will check with the dealer.
Alternator is like a regulator. Only differance it does this every other day.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha View Post
if it's a certified pre-owned (CPO), why should she get the 80-point done Premiji? the dealer has to fix whatever the problem is.

Unless you are very lucky ...Pre-owned in Toronto are totally screwed up cars even when you purchase it from the authorised dealers... most of them are from fleet-section of the auctions and even dealers get their cars from Montreal where tempering with odometer is not illegal. A good technician will have a look at it and give her the estimate of the damages causing this "shake" and quote to repair it. most dealers and canadian tire take responsibility of their work for one year.
Old October 27th, 2009, 01:15 PM
En route Lal Mirchi...

chacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
Unless you are very lucky ...Pre-owned in Toronto are totally screwed up cars even when you purchase it from the authorised dealers... most of them are from fleet-section of the auctions and even dealers get their cars from Montreal where tempering with odometer is not illegal. A good technician will have a look at it and give her the estimate of the damages causing this "shake" and quote to repair it. most dealers and canadian tire take responsibility of their work for one year.
tampering with odometer not illegal? man, this canada sounds like a backward country to me. you guys are north of us right or is this some other kaneda?
Old October 27th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
tampering with odometer not illegal? man, this canada sounds like a backward country to me.
not breaking the sealed odometer actually but rolling it back is not illegal there. Buy a new one or spend few bucks to check the carfax report is always a good idea.
Old October 28th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
tampering with odometer not illegal? man, this canada sounds like a backward country to me. you guys are north of us right or is this some other kaneda?
Chacha...I request you to please make sure that you spell a countries name properly, especially when there are Canadians involved in the forum which you are participating. It reads as Canada and not Kaneda, FYI.

Tempering and rolling back odometers is illegal. It will result in fine and/or imprisonment. If you had taken a driving test (written and road test) in Canada you will know. Anyone saying other wise can refer back to the Legal Canadian Driving Handbooks issued by provinces.
Old October 28th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
On what basis are you saying this? Do you have any valid source for these allegations you are laying against Toronto?
Old October 28th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chacha...I request you to please make sure that you spell a countries name properly, especially when there are Canadians involved in the forum which you are participating. It reads as Canada and not Kaneda, FYI.
Quote:
Do you have any valid source for these allegations you are laying against Toronto?
canada day today?

someone woke up today in a really bad mood, eh?

Old October 28th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post
canada day today?

someone woke up today in a really bad mood, eh?

Nah, not a bad mood . But these posts about Canada did spoil my day.

Though I was born in India, Canada is my home now. I cannot stand it if someone says something about my home, without providing the source for those allegations. Also how would you feel if someone tempers with the spelling of India? Not too good right (I wouldn't at least)?
Old October 28th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nah, not a bad mood . But these posts about Canada did spoil my day.

Though I was born in India, Canada is my home now. I cannot stand it if someone says something about my home, without providing the source for those allegations. Also how would you feel if someone tempers with the spelling of India? Not too good right (I wouldn't at least)?
tempers ka spelling rakhiji, isspelling T-A-M-P-E-R-S aahey unless you r from gujarat as well.. in which case it's fine as they use a different faaram aaf the kweens englich
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
tempers ka spelling rakhiji, isspelling T-A-M-P-E-R-S aahey unless you r from gujarat as well.. in which case it's fine as they use a different faaram aaf the kweens englich
Very funny.
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

a simple google with montreal or toronto with odometer will enlighten you.

Victims of odometer scam take legal action against Quebec dealers

Last Updated: Friday, February 22, 2008 | 3:50 PM ET

CBC news

A group of Quebecers who were scammed into buying used cars with rolled-back odometers say they're suing the dealerships that sold them doctored vehicles.
The RCMP said at least 332 people were duped into buying used cars with tampered odometers from several dealers in the Laurentians since 2006.

Police say at least three dealers were involved in the odometer scam:
  • Liquidation de saisies D.S.
  • Qualité Prix Auto Plus
  • Les véhicules Danmar
On Thursday, police arrested five men and charged them with 334 fraud counts in connection to the scheme, which investigators say netted more than $6 million.
The cars were bought in other provinces and transferred to Quebec, where the odometers were rolled back an average of 100,000 km, said RCMP Sgt. Claude Piedalue.
The dealers then sold the vehicles at inflated prices.
At least three car dealers in Lachute and St. Eustache were involved in the scam, police said.
Daniel Gobay launched a class action lawsuit along with at least 50 other victims seeking damages from the dealers.
His lawyer, François Lebeau, said victims stand a good chance to recoup their money because even if the dealers can't pay, consumer protection laws allow people to sue banking institutions that financed the car sales.
The group of victims is waiting for the lawsuit to be authorized in court.
Doctored odometers are hard to detect, and drivers need to be vigilant when buying used cars, said Quebec's Consumer Protection Agency.
Consumers should double-check the vehicle's history and its record at the automobile insurance board and identify the car's previous owner, said agency lawyer Marc Migneault.