eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Feedback

Notices

Feedback Feedback about eCharcha.Com site...

Old May 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Urgent request - Do not upload image attachments

Folks,

We are running out of disk space and the culprit is attachment images.

I request you to please convert your attachments here to an external link.

I have already posted here about using a service like www.imgur.com.

Please, use this for all attachments. Please.
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Urgent request - Do not upload image attachments

Please refer to this link for easy to use addons for your browser which allow you to directly upload images to www.imgur.com
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to point out that you should also check the size of the error log file(s) on the server, unless you regularly monitor it and clean it up. They tend to get very large over a period of time logging all the errors/warnings.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Just wanted to point out that you should also check the size of the error log file(s) on the server, unless you regularly monitor it and clean it up. They tend to get very large over a period of time logging all the errors/warnings.
I have been clearing those out. Thanks for the reminder Charchila.

Please, I request all of you to go visit your own threads, especially in Laal Mirchi section and convert your attachments to imgur images.
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

I think we can get over this space crisis.
Jobs for moderators,upload heavy images to imgur.com and link it over here,delete the attachment on the server,space problem solved.
The same thing can also be done by the uploaders
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Here is a look at attachment statistics. I am going to take care of mine over this weekend. I request all of you to do the same irrespective of your name appearing on this list.
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Matlab ab SB chali imgur ,chalo koi baat nahi unlogo ko bhi thoda maza lene do
Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post

Here is a look at attachment statistics. I am going to take care of mine over this weekend. I request all of you to do the same irrespective of your name appearing on this list.
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:48 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Sutradarji ... is the situation critical? What would it take to relieve the pressure? IMGUR seems to be a good solution but time consuming. How urgent is the need to act? Can you please provide a list of 20 top users? Is it please for you to break the list down into forums and threads for ease?
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Right now the image I put up there is the only statistics I can get. I can search by old timer user names. I need us to act on this within the nexy 7 to 10 days for sure.
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should take a hard decision and do away with SB in LM.
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:02 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Okay ... first things first. Immediate need is to lower maxi file size permitted in attachments or disable it for few days? Having done that ...

Google and Facebook aren't immune so what guarantee do we have that at some stage (God forbid) IM GUR or any other such storage site won't have issues with lost or corrupted database?

Sutradarji ... I think you should appeal to individual members to do the needful ... if you can and possible for you to list members and space they occupy in forums and threads? I am worried for 2Gudbhai's excellent thread of vintage photos. We must find ways to protect it.

Deleting few threads in LM forum alone is going to free 100s of MB.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Sunit, there's gotta be something else hogging all the space.

The statistics you shared shows that five users uploaded about 260 mb; if you double or even triple that to account for all uploads, that's still less than 800 mb. Considering that echarcha is hosted on a dedicated server, you've gotta have more than a few gigs of space. See if you can get some sort of "disk space used by each directory" report from the ISP to find out the root cause. It doesn't look like images is the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Sunit, there's gotta be something else hogging all the space.

The statistics you shared shows that five users uploaded about 260 mb; if you double or even triple that to account for all uploads, that's still less than 800 mb. Considering that echarcha is hosted on a dedicated server, you've gotta have more than a few gigs of space. See if you can get some sort of "disk space used by each directory" report from the ISP to find out the root cause. It doesn't look like images is the culprit.
Our database takes up a lot of space, but I will run the reports to get disk space usage and post it here.
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:24 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

however , nowadays it is viruss and budmass who upload most of the pictures.
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
I think we can get over this space crisis.
Jobs for moderators,upload heavy images to imgur.com and link it over here,delete the attachment on the server,space problem solved.
The same thing can also be done by the uploaders

Kyu be?

Don't we have anything else to do?

I mostly do hot linking. have uploaded only 4-5 mb @ the most.

Cha, Swami ko India ka Mod banaao.... let him do that.

Wait a sec, he logs in @ night most (our daytime) so of no use.