eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Feedback

Notices

Feedback Feedback about eCharcha.Com site...

Old May 6th, 2014, 01:13 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Saving password issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
You should open a Remedy ticket titled, "User uses bad grammar in email." The technical help desk will fling their computer at you.
Also, make sure the Remedy ticket is assigned to the right team responsible for servicing the request. Remember the SLA can only be met from the time the Remedy Ticket is assigned to the team.
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Also, make sure the Remedy ticket is assigned to the right team responsible for servicing the request. Remember the SLA can only be met from the time the Remedy Ticket is assigned to the team.
Also, ticket should be categorized as Severity 1. Open ticket on Friday evenings at 8:30 PM.

Old May 7th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have provided a temporary workaround. Please provide root cause and permanent countermeasures.
We're sorry, but a lack of understanding of the nature of the problem prevents us from providing the root cause.

In the interim, we suggest that you take your machine to your local shaman, who will, for a small fee, bless your sleek laptop. His blessings will cause any resident evil spirits to vanish into the ether. For man or machine, purification and cleansing are important; over time, it is common for negative energies to accumulate causing assorted odd behaviours in both men and machines.

Thank you.
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Saving password issue

Quote:
Please stay out of it. This is not your problem.
Stay away from this post if you don't understand anything technical. Keep all your bak-bak in soapbox only.

I can go easily typing it with www but the new trend is to type just main website name only, rest google is doing.

Old May 7th, 2014, 05:17 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Offensive user, take notes about his misbehavior so help desk knows to downgrade his service level. Reduce his maximum incorrect password count to 1 from 5.
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayt View Post
We're sorry, but a lack of understanding of the nature of the problem prevents us from providing the root cause.

Thank you.
That's not an acceptable excuse. Reach out to the user. Understand the problem. Do the research. Call up the vendor or the hosting company. Notify them of the issue. Follow up to closure. Come back and report.

Don't just fart around and pollute your cubicle.

Old May 7th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Offensive user, take notes about his misbehavior so help desk knows to downgrade his service level. Reduce his maximum incorrect password count to 1 from 5.
Further downgrade would mean inability to reset password and forced re-registration.

Old May 7th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You should open a Remedy ticket titled, "User uses bad grammar in email." The technical help desk will fling their computer at you.
If he flings computer at me, do baaten ho jayengi :- ya to computer mujhe hit karega ya nahi karega.
Nahi kiya to koi baat nahi , kiya to do baaten ho jayengi - I will be seriously injured or I will be lightly injured.
Lightly injure hua to koi baat nahi , seriously injure hua to do baaten ho jayengi. Either I will die or I will live.
if I die , I don't care but if I live ,do baaten ho jayengi :- either I will complain to Police or I won't.
Complain nahi kiya to koi baat nahi, kiya to do baaten ho jayengi.
Police will either catch support guy or won't. Nahi catch kiya to koi baat nahi, kiya to do baaten ho jayengi.
Ya to woh jail jayega ya nahi jayega. Jail nahi jayega aisa to ho hi nahi sakta,so it is a lose- lose situation for him to fling computer at me.

That's why he will never do that.

Last edited by Napolean; May 7th, 2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
If he flings computer at me, do baaten ho jayengi :- ya to computer mujhe hit karega ya nahi karega.
Nahi kiya to koi baat nahi , kiya to do baaten ho jayengi - I will be seriously injured or I will be lightly injured.
Lightly injure hua to koi baat nahi , seriously injure hua to do baaten ho jayengi. Either I will die or I will live.
if I die , I don't care but if I live ,do baaten ho jayengi :- either I will complain to Police or I won't.
Police will either catch support guy or won't. Nahi catch kiya to koi baat nahi, kiya to do baaten ho jayengi.
Ya to woh jail jayega ya nahi jayega. Jail nahi jayega aisa to ho hi nahi sakta,so it is a lose- lose situation for him to fling computer at me.

Some things are worth going to jail for!

Old May 7th, 2014, 11:45 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

So Budmass Pai, you have 3 options
1. Type www in the url. In IE and Chrome you can type echarcha and press ctrl enter. the www and .com get inserted automatically. probably that happens in ff too
2. remember the password and type it manually.
3. Reach out to sutradharji and offer to finance the configuration effort such that even without www the site remembers the password.

There is also a 4th option of not visiting EC.
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
So Budmass Pai, you have 3 options
1. Type www in the url. In IE and Chrome you can type echarcha and press ctrl enter. the www and .com get inserted automatically. probably that happens in ff too
2. remember the password and type it manually.
3. Reach out to sutradharji and offer to finance the configuration effort such that even without www the site remembers the password.

There is also a 4th option of not visiting EC.
The 4th and best option is to contact the hosting service company directly and open a support ticket. He can use whois to find out the hosting service provider.

Old May 7th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's not an acceptable excuse. Reach out to the user. Understand the problem. Do the research. Call up the vendor or the hosting company. Notify them of the issue. Follow up to closure. Come back and report.

Don't just fart around and pollute your cubicle.
I quit, Mister! You're an incorrigible tyrant. I'd rather flip burgers at McDonald's.

Now you can go figure the root cause of evil yourself, since you seem obsessed with root causes.
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some things are worth going to jail for!
Sir you are not understanding.
Jail gaya to phir do baaten ho jayengi - physical torture hoga ya nahi hoga.
Nahi hone ka sawal nahi , hua to phir do baaten ho jayengi - either he will live or he will die.
Zinda raha to koi baat nahi, mar gaya to phir do baaten ho jayengi.
Either they will burn his body or bury him. Jalaa diyaa to koi baat nahi , bury kiya to do baaten ho jayengi.
Either nothing will grow on his burial or something will grow.
If nothing grows, then koi baat nahi, aur agar kuchh grow ho gaya to do baaten ho jayengi. Either it will be useful or it won't be useful.
Useful hua to koi baat nahi, useless hua to do baaten ho jayengi.
and so on....

Now you know what support guy is getting into?
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post

You forgot one minor detail. The Help Desk Dude who flings his computer at you can kiss his help desk job goodbye the very next day.
Old May 7th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayt View Post
You forgot one minor detail. The Help Desk Dude who flings his computer at you can kiss his help desk job goodbye the very next day.
I'd give him a promotion.