eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > View - Counter View

Notices

View - Counter View Topics which have two differing view points

View Poll Results: Was Nathuram Godse a villain or hero ?
Nathuram was a villain 18 46.15%
He was a hero 21 53.85%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 11th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nathuram Godse - villain or hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
He never sought to convince people, he thought what he thought was right for 'everyone'
quite like gandhi then

Quote:
and jumped to the conclusion that he should kill Gandhi.
satyagraha against gandhi would have been interesting... by the time people even were bought into the idea, we would be a nation of beggers. Even for our leaders who we KNOW are mixed into villainous activities, there are still enough followers to keep them in the parliament! Have you seen a movie called Shool?

Quote:
Now herein lies the difference between killing of Gandhi and Dwyer or Saunders(spell check). Gandhi stood against killing while the latter two represented it. At the peak of riots Gandhi managed to stop the madness
the dispute is about whose killings did Gandhi actually want to stop? our pseudo seculiarism has easily forgotten godhra but there is tonnes and tonnes about the resultant riots.
Quote:
Godse represents killing and Gandhi represents the saving of life.
only certain lives...

Quote:
I'd be a fool to condone everything what Gandhi did, but to kill a person just because I don't share similar views with him is Stalinsque philosophy. You can't kill a person for 'public' reasons on personal convictions.
you cant kill a person for ANY reason or any conviction...

however you do seem wanting enough of a reason to be convinced that there was no other option... maybe someday someone will stumble on it for you...

I am not drawing any parallel or doing any comparison, what do you think killing of saddam was? I think it was - You can't kill a person for 'public' reasons on personal convictions.
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
quite like gandhi then
Au contraire, quite unlike. Treading on others' toes and all that bullshit... you understand what I mean.

Quote:
satyagraha against gandhi would have been interesting... by the time people even were bought into the idea, we would be a nation of beggers. Even for our leaders who we KNOW are mixed into villainous activities, there are still enough followers to keep them in the parliament! Have you seen a movie called Shool?
Indeed it would be... Gandhi devoted 55 odd years to his philosophy... Godse needed just three bullets.

Quote:
the dispute is about whose killings did Gandhi actually want to stop? our pseudo seculiarism has easily forgotten godhra but there is tonnes and tonnes about the resultant riots.
only certain lives...

you cant kill a person for ANY reason or any conviction...
Dont bring Godhra into it... that was crap... gandhi wanted both sides to stop violence... remember Suhrawardy... who came very reluctantly to Gandhi's place to confirm that his men would stop the riots instantly.

Quote:
however you do seem wanting enough of a reason to be convinced that there was no other option... maybe someday someone will stumble on it for you...

I am not drawing any parallel or doing any comparison, what do you think killing of saddam was? I think it was - You can't kill a person for 'public' reasons on personal convictions.
I am pretty much convinced about two things:
1. There were not enough reasons to kill Gandhi, people around did not have enough courage to challenge and question him, gather support and force him to stop meddling. They had done it before on partition issue, they could have done it again.

2. You can't compare a chutiya like Godse to Gandhi. Gandhi was an ideology, sometimes right sometimes wrong. Godse was a stray thought. Godse and his supporters lacked political will, courage and stamina to take on Gandhi.

On Saddam I'd say... life is not that simple. Just because Saddam was wrong it does not justify Bush's actions and just because Bush was wrong it does not make Saddam holy.

This cloak of self-righteousness is very narcissistic... oh fucking wait...I know what's wrong...let me set the world right... let me kill Gandhi.. it will solve the problem and I am right in doing so because I'm doing it for greater good, for my religion and for my constipation...

Old January 11th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

2. You can't compare a chutiya like Godse to Gandhi. Gandhi was an ideology, sometimes right sometimes wrong.
Of course because Gandhi was a LAUDU. I have started a completely different thread about the Gandhian Penis. That thread has described his ideology aptly, it has captured the imagination of people like you.

The Penis centric ideas of Gandhi can be interpreted as ideology by people educated beyond their pea size inteligence. But Hindutva cannot be interpreted as ideology, but then this is understandable.

Last edited by viking; January 11th, 2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old January 11th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Of course because Gandhi was a LAUDU. I have started a completely different thread about the Gandhian Penis. That thread has described his ideology aptly, it has captured the imagination of people like you.

The Penis centric ideas of Gandhi can be interpreted as ideology by people educated beyond their pea size inteligence. But Hindutva cannot be interpreted as ideology, but then this is understandable.

Hmmm.......

Old January 12th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am pretty much convinced about two things:
1. There were not enough reasons to kill Gandhi, people around did not have enough courage to challenge and question him, gather support and force him to stop meddling. They had done it before on partition issue, they could have done it again.

2. You can't compare a chutiya like Godse to Gandhi. Gandhi was an ideology, sometimes right sometimes wrong. Godse was a stray thought. Godse and his supporters lacked political will, courage and stamina to take on Gandhi.

On Saddam I'd say... life is not that simple. Just because Saddam was wrong it does not justify Bush's actions and just because Bush was wrong it does not make Saddam holy.

This cloak of self-righteousness is very narcissistic... oh fucking wait...I know what's wrong...let me set the world right... let me kill Gandhi.. it will solve the problem and I am right in doing so because I'm doing it for greater good, for my religion and for my constipation...
gussa? Oh My!

Its never so simple to set the world right - in fact there is no right way to be set for this world. There was never anything about self rightenousness. He knew what he was doing was hateworthy. He had courage of conviction though, he did what he thought was right. In a wierd way - no comparison on other counts - same as what Gandhi normally did.
Old January 12th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Clown Prince

Quote:
gussa? Oh My!

Its never so simple to set the world right - in fact there is no right way to be set for this world. There was never anything about self rightenousness. He knew what he was doing was hateworthy. He had courage of conviction though, he did what he thought was right. In a wierd way - no comparison on other counts - same as what Gandhi normally did.
Gussa? No I'm not... I was just writing what that 2 dime whore Godse might have been thinking at that time.

You're right, there is no single way to deal with problems of the world and exactly that was the problem with Gandhi. He was very feudalistic and control freak. But he had a way, a method. Godse did not have any method or thought. To me Gandhi was a better representative of Hindutva than Godse. He incorporated the philosophy of hindutva much better than any other leader of his time.

Godse for that matter was so obtuse that it could not be called a representative of Hindutva thought. Gandhi might be wrong at times but he did give others a chance to have it their way. Godse as I said earlier was Stalinsque- did not tolerate the antithesis of his thought.

In that respect Godse was too shallow to be compared with Gandhi even if they look similar in their approach.

Old January 17th, 2010, 07:33 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Poem which Madanlal Pahwa ,the punjabi refugee from pakistan who got life imprisonment in the gandhi murder trial ,received from his maharashtrian girlfriend Shevanti ,when he had gone to delhi along with godse to murder gandhi-

my flower garden looks desolate without you.......

oh ,come and loot it,my simple minded hunter........

nights are passing without you in my arms........

days are going without having to touch your body.......

and my heart is sinking...........

spring has come and my flower bed waits and yearns to be looted........

it needs to be ravished by a hunter...........

ah ,come and loot it , my simple minded hunter........

my life's companion ,your love troubles me......

and says something that i dare not tell.......

how can i live without you.........

oh come and loot me , my simple minded hunter.

from THE MEN WHO KILLED GANDHI by manohar malgonkar

Last edited by ashdoc; January 17th, 2010 at 07:39 PM.