eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Computing

Notices

Computing All things binary...

Old December 23rd, 2017, 12:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
Help needed on Big Data

Hi all,

I am most probably getting a lucrative consultancy assignment on big data. There are tons and tons of data, all interconnected, pertaining to transactions. The client wants to make sense of the data.

I know how to create a data warehouse (eg informatica) and use a multi-dimensional cube to analyze (say cognos). I know how to use threaded reporting (like actuate). But client wants more than that. How do I use AI to solve the problem? One way is to write the AI code myself using regression, genetics etc. But are there ready made tools available?

Any one on this forum has experience on big data? I have none, and would like to know what you do. Any help/info is welcome

Thanks
Old December 23rd, 2017, 06:19 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help needed on Big Data

I worked on Cognos power play ages back. But don't remember much and doubt if power play is still in use.

My question is this. If you are not thoroughly well versed with it, how do you land up a lucrative consultancy assignment?
Old December 23rd, 2017, 07:55 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Predictive Analytics might be the buzzword you are looking for.

Not sure what the data you are dealing with is about, but Salesforce.com does a lot of such predictive analytics, e.g. you visit a site and this tool checks what your preferences might be and presents or redirects you to the appropriate product.
Old December 23rd, 2017, 08:41 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
My question is this. If you are not thoroughly well versed with it, how do you land up a lucrative consultancy assignment?
Fake resume’ or favoritism.
Old December 23rd, 2017, 08:45 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

On one hand you’re getting upashastri and then you learning big data?

I don’t understand your question. Does the client ask for big data skills, and you don’t have.. or client wants you to guide them with the solution, highly unlikely since big data is not a few thousand bucks. These decisions are made by full-time architects, tech directors, VPs and such folks.
Old December 25th, 2017, 06:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute

My client operates a sort of e-marketplace for a lot of products. It is where people can buy and sell. The buyer may take delivery on keep it in his stock and resell. The client has no product of its own - it is only a large marketplace. It also ensures the physical delivery of products to whosoever demands it.

Now it has a whole lot of transaction data. New data is generated by the minute. The client believes that the data can be used to give "intelligent patterns". He has heard of "AI". But he does not want to pay for it unless he is sure. So he finds a cheapie stand alone consultant (me) to do a feasibility study. I am selected because of past association. I doubt I will make any money out of this particular assignment. But I will make quite a bit of money overall - that is why it is lucrative

Any ideas?
Old December 25th, 2017, 07:19 AM

A few links on salesforce and alternatives -

https://www.salesforce.com/blog/2016...ics-sales.html

https://comparisons.financesonline.c...nalytics-cloud

https://comparisons.financesonline.c...nalytics-cloud