eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old January 5th, 2015, 08:34 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute
Every person who enters this world is Muslim, MIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi

Quote:

Every person who enters this world is Muslim, MIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi says

| Jan 5, 2015, 02.29 PM IST

Every person is born Muslim: Asaduddin Owaisi

HYDERABAD: Taking strong objection to the recent mock anti-terror drill in which "terrorists" were made to wear skull caps and shout pro-Islamic slogans organized by the Gujarat police, Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) supremo Asaduddin Owaisi implied that deliberate attempts were being made to link terrorism with Islam.

Addressing a well-attended gathering on eve of Milad-un-Nabi at the vast grounds of party headquarters in Darussalaam, Owaisi said: "The Gujarat police think that we should be afraid of practicing our faith. Why are you linking terrorism with Islam? But the truth is Islam and Prophet Muhammad came to finish off terrorism. And as much as we are proud of our faith, we are proud of being Indian. There is an investment summit in Gujarat and they want to show that there is a war on terror in progress. But let it be clear, we have nothing to do with terrorism."

Owaisi said that though the party has severe political differences with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), this does not imply that the MIM would differ with them if the country's sovereignty is threatened. "We will speak in one voice indeed and fight for the borders of our country. But it is not in the interest of the country that Islam be vilified," Owaisi said.

Taking a dig at the Sangh Parivar's ghar wapsi campaign, Owaisi said that the real homecoming was to return to the fold of Islam and invited the RSS and VHP to it. "We cannot offer you money as we have nothing. But we promise you success in this life and the thereafter," he said.

Buttressing his point using a widely held Islamic belief, that every person is born Muslim, Owaisi said, "Every person who enters this world is Muslim. But circumstances and parents mould him into other faiths. You (Sangh Parivar) are free to disagree as Islam denounces the use of force," he said.

Ridiculing the ghar wapsi conversion rate card of Rs 5 lakh for Muslims and Rs 2 lakh for Christians Owaisi exclaimed, "Only Rs 5 lakh? What a joke! Prophet Muhammad said that a breeze is blowing from India. We are Indians by birth and by choice. We will not leave our faith even if the world were thrown at our feet!"

Claiming that the ghar wapsi campaign could derail development, Owaisi said, "How will foreign direct investment come into the country? How will the economy grow by eight per cent or nine per cent? Oil prices are falling but people are still poor."

The parliamentarian lashed out at Mehdi Masroor Biswas, the Bengaluru-based Islamic State supporter, for misrepresenting Islam and demanded that the "old man" Hafiz Saeed be apprehended. "He has killed innocent Muslims. He is an enemy of the country," Owaisi said.

From what I see people from every kind of religion utters such statements. So Owaisi has my support for his freedom of speech no matter whether I agree with him or not.

Only point I see can to debate here is the bolded statement. Hafiz Saeed the pig has killed Indians of every hue and denomination. Rest I don't see much of debate about. Of course everyone has the right to disagree here or otherwise to disagree with me. I don't see the problem with Owaisi's religious viewpoints, all I disagree with him are his political viewpoints. But he is a politician isn't he?

Last edited by swami; January 5th, 2015 at 12:44 PM. Reason: too many links
Old January 5th, 2015, 08:39 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Every person who enters this world is Muslim, MIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi

This only means that many have rejected Islam right after birth.
Old January 5th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Yaar Origmos pai... tum copy paste kitna ganda karte ho

Sent from my iPhone.
Old January 5th, 2015, 02:58 PM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Yaar Origmos pai... tum copy paste kitna ganda karte ho
Kya bhai, I aim to please.
Old January 6th, 2015, 07:25 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origmos View Post
From what I see people from every kind of religion utters such statements. So Owaisi has my support for his freedom of speech no matter whether I agree with him or not.

Only point I see can to debate here is the bolded statement. Hafiz Saeed the pig has killed Indians of every hue and denomination. Rest I don't see much of debate about. Of course everyone has the right to disagree here or otherwise to disagree with me. I don't see the problem with Owaisi's religious viewpoints, all I disagree with him are his political viewpoints. But he is a politician isn't he?
There is not much to be debated about the bold statement. ROP creates a different paradigm in the mind of its followers. A different state of mind. Here, they are mozzies first, human beings later. Many 'scholars' of rop know admit & agree to that.
Old January 7th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

There is another point that is implicit in Owaisi's statement... and hopefully someone will rightly point it out to him. If everyone is born a muslim and many move on to other religions then it automatically makes them an apostate. The punishment for apostates is death. So his point in bold is basically zeroed out. To stand by his first statement (on birth) he has to stand with and support the terrorists... no two choices for him.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old January 8th, 2015, 07:22 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
There is another point that is implicit in Owaisi's statement... and hopefully someone will rightly point it out to him. If everyone is born a muslim and many move on to other religions then it automatically makes them an apostate. The punishment for apostates is death. So his point in bold is basically zeroed out. To stand by his first statement (on birth) he has to stand with and support the terrorists... no two choices for him.
"There is no compulsion in religion."
Old January 8th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
"There is no compulsion in religion."
That is to get people in... not out

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless