eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Newbie FAQ

Notices

Newbie FAQ Welcome to our community. Please read this before you start posting...

Old August 11th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
just removed actual name from the post. Khurch pai.. yaar atleast be a little careful about email ids and such..
Pelu.... there are more real names in there, with address and phone number. Please edit those as well.
Old August 11th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
Pelu.... there are more real names in there, with address and phone number. Please edit those as well.
Oy nikaal diyaa..

The other contact info you see are the webservice host and such. I dont think that is smarty's info.
Old August 11th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
just removed actual name from the post. Khurch pai.. yaar atleast be a little careful about email ids and such..
Bhai I just logged into ec. Its 10:59 AM PST. I just saw this thread.
Well I had a hunch that this was Smarty's website Now its conformed it is

Chalo accha hain.

Yes.. please do not reveal real names and other personal details. We should not invade others' privacy.
Old August 11th, 2003, 09:42 PM
The One and Only.

brahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud of
Talking Bahut super fast service hai

Kya baat hai. bahut super fast kaam lagayaa idhar. pahle name saaf kiya fir baki kontrach bhi detail saaf kiya. poora thread hee saaf kar dete.

Bhai log all this is public information which anyone can get using a WHOIS. there is nothing private as long as it is there in the whois server.

Anyway, I know now ....

Old June 4th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Banned

pepsi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Before you adverstise other websites!

Mr DUDA

WTF are u showing me ??

I just shared a great topic with EC....yes it was on some other site but it does not mean that I am a promotor of such site...

I did not find anything wrong in it..

LINK REMOVED by admin

pls reply me , if something is wrong in sharing it ?

Last edited by echarcha; June 5th, 2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old June 4th, 2005, 08:21 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Before you adverstise other websites!

Hey Pepsi...
Your link to the "great topic" firstly doesn't show up when clicked. It is accessible only to registered members. So folks who click on the link have to register on that site & then follow the link.

If this isn't blatant promotion, then WTF is it??

Listen, If you carry on with this arrogance of yours, you could face extreme action from the administrator. Be forewarned!!
Old June 5th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Before you adverstise other websites!

pepsi you were warned about not posting such sites by Cooldude. He is a moderator here and I will not over-ride his decision.

If you have something interesting to say then first participate and become a member. I know your types too well - you are here to cross pormote your website.

Sorry, we dont need the likes of you! Period. Good bye!

Cooldude, in future if you see pepsi or pepsi posing as someone and continuuing such stuff, please delete threads. Banning pepsi right away.
Old July 4th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Spiritual Healer

jammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant future

Hello Echarcha ,
Read all your post abt advertising the website here and your practice for advertising your website but my dear friend a bit of SEO knowledge would have told you that you just dont need to ask anyone there are so many ways to promote your website and even drive traffic.
Being a computer guy and in this internet business for years now so just stepped in to give some friendly advice as i liked this forum.
Here are some of the stats i collected about your website
You just have 147 backlinks and in those 147 backlinks the number of unique site is 3-4.You stand nowhere in top 10 in google when i search for india forum or indian forum.there are a lot number of other kyewords there that is desired too.I really think you should have ranked number one for these keywords becz they have so little competion.
Here are some of my suggestions for you (hope you will like it)
1)Do some directory submission.
2)Exchange links with like minded sites
3)Article submission in article websites
There are other ways too but i would rather stick to these becz these will do the trick for you.
Hope these will help you get to number 1 in google
As for advertising well all i can say is that you can enable signature link thats it for all other links in post yes u need a moderator.BTW a signature link traffic generation is 0.02 % to the site it is being linked too so no threat to you.What it will also do is that it will bring traffic to your site too becz generally people who have blogs or any specific website or for that matter a forum too like to get there signatures in forums they like and many will definitely reciprocate with you to exchange a site wide link too.
Now for the other part of revenues.My suggestion is get a google adsense account and enable adsense in yoru forum and that will be a good source of income for you too.
Hope these little things help you
Cheers
Old July 6th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Thanks for your suggestions. I know some them and have done them like directory submission, but most directory services still dont affect google searches. As for exchanging links with 'like minded' sites oh boy, you dont know what kind of sites have asked for such exchanges.
Old July 6th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Spiritual Healer

jammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Thanks for your suggestions. I know some them and have done them like directory submission, but most directory services still dont affect google searches. As for exchanging links with 'like minded' sites oh boy, you dont know what kind of sites have asked for such exchanges.
Read Seochat.com if i were to promote a site i wont neccesarily go for link exchange there are so many ways for link building.Read that site and refer some good seo forums they will help u quite a lot
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Senior eCharchan

khaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Before you adverstise other websites!

an quick n easy way of increasing traffic is to digg n stumble

www.digg.com
www.stumbleupon.com

u would need to do some work for that, but cha pai n co r quite educated, pada likha logs , so i think they wont have much problem in doing the one time setup for it

some of my friends use digg, n they say if we can manage our article(s) featured on digg's front page, then we can expect 10-20 k unique visits within 24 hours

i know marathi manus r not good in these kinda 'tikadambaazis', but if u r interested, u can think abt it

Old July 6th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Spiritual Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaski_khopari
an quick n easy way of increasing traffic is to digg n stumble

www.digg.com
www.stumbleupon.com

u would need to do some work for that, but cha pai n co r quite educated, pada likha logs , so i think they wont have much problem in doing the one time setup for it

some of my friends use digg, n they say if we can manage our article(s) featured on digg's front page, then we can expect 10-20 k unique visits within 24 hours

i know marathi manus r not good in these kinda 'tikadambaazis', but if u r interested, u can think abt it
with due respect to your knowledge.Have you seen digg and stumble traffic being converted to something substantial.They are just for some quick traffic but you dont get anything out of it.Even if you hit digg ka first page then also they will just come and move on.
Old July 6th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy69
with due respect to your knowledge.Have you seen digg and stumble traffic being converted to something substantial.They are just for some quick traffic but you dont get anything out of it.Even if you hit digg ka first page then also they will just come and move on.
and how much of digg's audience would really be interested in a desi discussion forum?
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:18 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
3 Instances where EC comes high in google searches

loud and proud desi opinions :-EC is right on top there

chewtiya :- again at #1

Pukistan : - EC is at #3..
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Spiritual Healer

Re: 3 Instances where EC comes high in google searches

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars

loud and proud desi opinions :-EC is right on top there

chewtiya :- again at #1

Pukistan : - EC is at #3..
see the amount of hits it gets per day mere dost.its all about good keywords