eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Newbie FAQ

Notices

Newbie FAQ Welcome to our community. Please read this before you start posting...

Old August 11th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation I registered but why can't I reply to posts or start new threads?

I just opened my admin inbox and saw many emails from folks who ask this question - I registered but cannot reply to posts or start new threads.

The answer is pretty simple - As with most public forums, our forum also enforces email based activation.

What this means is that when you register you are asked for your email address. Once you complete registration, an email is sent automatically to your email address. It contains a URL you need to click; which in turn activates your account and you have complete privileges like other users.

This step is important to prevent spam and fradulent registrations. We do not sell or reveal your email address to any third party. But we do require a valid email.

Many public email services might put the eCharcha.Com activataion email in your Bulk or Junk mail folder. So please add our domain echarcha.com to your safe sender's list or keep an eye on your Bulk/Junk mail folder after you register.

It is our policy to never change your status to registered if you have not clicked on the URL in the email we sent you. So the moral of the story is - DO NOT REGISTER WITH A FAKE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Thanks,
admin@echarcha.com
Old August 14th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I registered but why can't I reply to posts or start new threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I just opened my admin inbox and saw many emails from folks who ask this question - I registered but cannot reply to posts or start new threads.

The answer is pretty simple - As with most public forums, our forum also enforces email based activation.

What this means is that when you register you are asked for your email address. Once you complete registration, an email is sent automatically to your email address. It contains a URL you need to click; which in turn activates your account and you have complete privileges like other users.

This step is important to prevent spam and fradulent registrations. We do not sell or reveal your email address to any third party. But we do require a valid email.

Many public email services might put the eCharcha.Com activataion email in your Bulk or Junk mail folder. So please add our domain echarcha.com to your safe sender's list or keep an eye on your Bulk/Junk mail folder after you register.

It is our policy to never change your status to registered if you have not clicked on the URL in the email we sent you. So the moral of the story is - DO NOT REGISTER WITH A FAKE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Thanks,
admin@echarcha.com
For those new members who cant reply or start new threads please check your email id for an activation link. You wont be able to fully participate unless you verify your email id.