eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old August 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Handling telemarketer calls.

I am sure we all have had telemarketers calling us at all hours to peddle some stupid service or a widget.

Maybe we all discussed this before. However, I found the following email forward quite a funny way to deal with tele-marketers!

Quote:
What we can possibly do when we get "those" calls..The phone rang as I was sitting down to my evening meal, and as I answered it I was greeted with "Is this Karl Brummer?" Not sounding anything like my name, I asked who was calling. The telemarketer said he was with The Rubber Band Powered Freezer Company, or something like that. Then I asked him if he knew Karl personally and why was he calling this number. I then said off to the side, "Get some pictures of the body at various angles and the blood smears." I then turned back to the phone and advised the caller that he had entered a murder scene and must stayon the line because we had already traced this call and he would be receiving a summons to testify in this murder case.I questioned the caller at great length as to his name, address, phone number at home, at work, who he worked for, how he knew the dead guy and could he prove where he had been about one hour before he made this call. The telemarketer was getting very concerned and his answers were given in a shaky voice. I then told him we had located his position and the police were entering the building to take him into custody, at that point I heard the phone fall and the scurrying of his running away. My wife asked me as I returned to our table why I had tears streaming down my face and so help me, I couldn't tell her for about fifteen minutes. My meal was cold, but it was the best meal I'd had in a long, long time.
Old August 29th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Handling telemarketer calls.

This is awesome...I am going to try it next time I get a call from Dish Network

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old August 29th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8_Hindustani
This is awesome...I am going to try it next time I get a call from Dish Network

Yeah, right!

Are gonna do to those call from India to sell you phone carrier or so also?

I would love to see them getting nervous.
Old August 29th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
Yeah, right!

Are gonna do to those call from India to sell you phone carrier or so also?

I would love to see them getting nervous.
Why not...only problem is they know we can't trace calls from India and can't send police either.

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old August 29th, 2006, 09:35 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

best idea boss... i was watching seinfeld the other day and he suggested a unique way...

Quote:
JERRY = Seinfeld
TEL = Telemarketer

JERRY: Uh, sorry, Excuse me one second. Hello. (Picks up the phone)

TEL: Hi, would you be interested in switching over to TMI long distance service.

JERRY: Oh, gee, I can't talk right now. Why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later.

TEL: Uh, I'm sorry we're not allowed to do that.

JERRY: Oh, I guess you don't want people calling you at home.

TEL: No.

JERRY: Well now you know how I feel. [Hangs up] (wow... thats wat i'm gonna do the next time i get a telemarketer on line )

source: http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/
Old August 30th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Junior eCharchan

SuperDude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
I am sure we all have had telemarketers calling us at all hours to peddle some stupid service or a widget.

Maybe we all discussed this before. However, I found the following email forward quite a funny way to deal with tele-marketers!

[/size][/size][/font]
When a telemarketer calls, try to have some fun by telling a dirty story such as:

"When a woman last week said to me she loves sweet Indian balls, I thought she meant mine. So, I pulled down my pants. SHe laughed at me, and said, 'NO NO NO. THe sweet Indian balls I like are called gulab jamun' ".

Last edited by SuperDude; August 30th, 2006 at 08:40 PM.