eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old November 15th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Banned

Lovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation State some controversial beliefs that you have.

I believe all Indians living abroad should be taxed by the Indian government.Indian people that live in other countries should not be able to avoid taxes just by staying away from India . That is called evasion and it is illegal and immoral

I believe that the world would be a much better place if atleast about 25% of the Indian population were taken out back and shot.

I'm in favour of making mandatory both organ donation and the use of human corpses as a source of meat.
Old November 15th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Banned

Lovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to behold
Re: State some controversial beliefs that you have.

I believe that both cloning and stem cell research should be allowed.

I think people should have to go through an extensive application process before they are approved for breeding.

I also think people should be sterilized after they have two kids. There's no reason anyone needs more than two.

I think the world would be a better place if everyone became vegetarian.

I think everyone should have equal (read: free) access to college education and health care.

I think athletes/actors/models should be paid under 10 Lac ( Indian Rupees) per year for doing what they love anyway.

I believe that a lot of good could come from the prohibition of alcohol .As a trade off, pot should be made legal since it also makes people happy but doesn't lead to as much violence and vehicular homicide.

I believe that all politicians are asswipes, by definition. The only people willing to run for office, are exactly the same people who shouldn't be in office.
Old November 15th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey
I believe that all politicians are asswipes, by definition. The only people willing to run for office, are exactly the same people who shouldn't be in office.
Nothing controversial about this one! I think everyone will unanimously agree
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey
I think everyone should have equal (read: free) access to college education and health care.

I think athletes/actors/models should be paid under 10 Lac ( Indian Rupees) per year for doing what they love anyway.

I believe that a lot of good could come from the prohibition of alcohol .As a trade off, pot should be made legal since it also makes people happy but doesn't lead to as much violence and vehicular homicide.

Free healthcare?? Ha ha ha ha ha.. I am sure once this happens, even you wont go to the government run 'municipalty' hospitals even if you are dying

Why should you limit pay of stars, atheletes? If they should have limited pay then so should you. YOu dont deserve a salary, a piece of bread daily should suffice!

Why do people complain about alcohol? I am sure even you would balk at the idea of total prohibition. Accidents happen. Shit happens. Rubbers leak. So what? Do you stop fucking???
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Basically here's what Lojvai pai wants.

Exterminate 25% (SC/ST/muslims/christians/non-veggies... is that 25%?) of India but he is not specific where... just out back... out back where and then put away the bodies in cold storage. Oh, now I get what you mean. Exterminate them in the himalayas (out back)... and you get automatic cold storage.

The remaining people are given free daily food (from cold storage) and medication (drugs) but no alcohol. All income for the country would come from taxing NRIs. Since this will be limited income, limit income of actors/athletes. Now that we have controllable populations, start family planning strategies. Hum do hamare do... bas. Also, now that population is controllable and hopefully well-educated... take away the politicians to the out back... more food in cold storage.

We will now have better scientists and a taste for human flesh. So, advance cloning and start human farms. Will such meat be ethically legal? after all they are being grown on farms, aren't they?

Everything looks good and feasible, Lovai pai... but what about the animals? Now that they do not grow on farms and are not edible, what do we do with them?

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that Military Service (2-3 years) should be mandatory for all Indians.
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo
I believe that Military Service (2-3 years) should be mandatory for all Indians.

Make it 4 years. Exclude muslims.
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that someday a sperm from Dhurandhar's Tirpavanee will end up as the most powerful man/woman in the world (with so much semen that I have donated to sperm banks, this better be true)

Last edited by dhurandhar; November 15th, 2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old November 15th, 2006, 06:22 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Here are mine:

1. All gults are waste (I've kinda begun to doubt this off late) and they come to US with fake documents. (This i.e. the 2nd part I'm ready to stand by for the rest of eternity) (Ramesh pai bahut marega... lol...)

2. PhD is Permanent Head Damage. I REALLY believe this. All the PhDs I've known so far are crackheads.

3. People can be categorized based on their behavior, attitude & outlook. U know wat i mean...

4. India will not win the cricket world cup in West Indies 2007. Altho i wud love to be proved wrong...
Old November 15th, 2006, 07:06 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

I believe, companies should stop endorsement of their products by players of our no good cricket team. And the Indian Public should boycott all such products endorsed by these pathetic bunch of losers.
Old November 16th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

I believe Pakistan and Bangladesh should be a part of India after chasing muslims out of there.
I believe all pro-reservationists should be made labourers.
I also believe all political leaders except a few should be shot dead.
Old November 16th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan
Here are mine:

1. All gults are waste (I've kinda begun to doubt this off late) and they come to US with fake documents. (This i.e. the 2nd part I'm ready to stand by for the rest of eternity) (Ramesh pai bahut marega... lol...)

2. PhD is Permanent Head Damage. I REALLY believe this. All the PhDs I've known so far are crackheads.

3. People can be categorized based on their behavior, attitude & outlook. U know wat i mean...

4. India will not win the cricket world cup in West Indies 2007. Altho i wud love to be proved wrong...
Did you fail the qualifier (entrance test for doctoral candidates) exam? All PhD aspirants who fail the qualifier tend to seek refuge in such interpretations.

Actually, PhD means: Pujya hai Dhurandhar (or Published his Dissertation)

Last edited by dhurandhar; November 16th, 2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old November 16th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

why dont u kill some 100000 ppl and commit suicide, i'll volunteer if you want me to........

Old November 16th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
Actually, PhD means: Pujya hai Dhurandhar (or Published his Dissertation)

Actually it is "Phaadu hai Dhurandhar"

Ab gujaraati mai phaadu kisko bolte hai wo mereko mat poochnaa ho!!

Old November 16th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

I believe India's education system needs to be completely revamped, with the following guidelines:

1) There should be only one board of education across the country - no state board, CBSE, etc. Makes for a level playing ground for all students for entry into college.

2) There should be no vernacular medium schools. The medium of instruction should be ONLY be English and Hindi should be a mandatory second language. Vernacular mediums only make it harder for the students later on in life, when they eventually have to learn English the hard way. The choice for 3rd language (optional) should be between Sanskrit and the local regional language. (I've heard some schools nowadays even offer French, Spanish, etc as an optional language - WTF??? Is it just me, or dont we have enough languages in India?)

3) There should be absolutely no room for religious schools (read madrassas)

4) The syllabus should be changed to a more fun, hands-on and practical one. Every subject should allocate 50% to practical and 50% to theory. The practical portion should include project assignments, to be done by students without any assistance. Students should be encouraged to question and brainstorm.

Just some thoughts. Any comments/additions/gaaliyan, anybody?