eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Traditions and Festivals

Notices

Traditions and Festivals India's vibrant festivals and unique traditions..

Old October 25th, 2011, 02:11 AM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Smile How to pray & what offerings you honor Goddess Laxmi with?

We cannot pray on ledgers and journals (account books) cause not all of us here are businesspeople. So how do you pray and what do you offer Goddess of Wealth? 50 states in India ... 50 rituals and traditions. How do our members observe this auspicious day?

Back home we dressed in best attire and went to landowners house. We watched fascinated as they performed Diwali poojan, and returned home happy with one packet of sweets. There were times when we did our prayer before going to Jamindar's house. Prayers were very simple. We ended prayers with aarati.

All women, including my mother made Goddess Laxmi and her companion (husband) with mud clay, with cotton and sticks for strength. We collected some natural flowers and plant roots to color the idols. My mother also made several camels, elephants, and riders in colorful costumes. Costumes were paint on clay.

Celebrations begin days before Diwali and festivals lasted couple of more days. Everyone was very nice to each other for a change. Even Jamindar was happy to give day off on Diwali to all his workers.

All homes got cleaned up a week or 2 before the day.

So how did you celebrate this festive occasion? Do you continue the traditions?

Thanks for participation.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com