eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old August 24th, 2017, 02:05 PM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future
Re: Tonight is Lunar Eclipse ... Dont Miss

So you're telling us there was a chance? Sane, listen to me - just allow life to bring you all that your heart desires. Adrak, lasan, mirchi just whatevs!
Old August 24th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Banned

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

Long, Long ago, when we were 5-9 yrs age of kids, eclipse day was a big time festival, not any lesser than Diwali or Holi almost,….we friends were talking and talking days ahead,… of what to do on that Day and time,….. playing tass / sapoliya baazi / sogthi baazi / vyopaar baazi,.. in someone’s home,… with all doors and windows closed,….. 2 hours like a full-time, dark prison, in a red hot summer,….

Parents of all were also so much superstition and orthodox, that not a single ray of Sun should strike you,….. and you need to stay away and in, during thos e2-3 hours,….. and when da Grahan is over/released,…. We had to take compulsory baths,… and then and then, we can touch kitchen accessories, food items, pooja-room, tulsi,.. etc
and we had prepared all those mini begs ( sewing with a torn-clothe material full of wheat, rice, mung, chori, math, old stored pickles, wheat aata,…..,…
and would sit down outside of our house-oottaa,….

All bhikharans, vaaghran, pyala-barni waale, kaar-kasap waale , Mazooran, datoon waali, rabaaris, chhooriyon ki dhaar waale, sweepers, street hawkers and laari waales, pasti waale, and all such lower class hawkers,…would arrive , and will take bhiksha from one by one from each home,…,.. and it was like a hugh mela,…no lesser than “ sabaras” of the new year !

Even at the time of Lunar eclipse, mothers will never let you sleep out on terrace, and we had to pull the beds inside.

Later on, 15+ yrs after that,.. People became more liberal and we were preparing glasses ready to watch eclipse. You take a mittia ka dia and fire it with castor oil,.. and,……. take a transparent glass,…… and make it black with the fire of castor oil’s black-mesh.

Later, that glass was used to watch eclipse,… !

Tell ya,.. those were da Dayz of our life ! - full of fun, masti and entertainment.

Last edited by log1iszero; August 24th, 2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old August 24th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Banned

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

This was the percentage visibility of this eclipse all over USA,..

ISS photobombs Solar Eclipse.

In this video captured at 1,500 frames per second with a high-speed camera, the International Space Station, with a crew of six onboard, is seen in silhouette as it transits the sun at roughly five miles per second during the solar eclipse, Monday, Aug. 21, 2017 near Banner, Wyoming.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Someone posted on reddit the space shuttle passing by during the eclipse at the same time they where shooting this. incredible....eh?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

21-Aug-2017 Solar Eclipse, as seen from Mexico City
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4354/...e0b2d293_k.jpg

Click anywhere on the Earth to preview your view of the eclipse:
https://eyes.jpl.nasa.gov/eyes-on-eclipse-web-app.html

ISS Transit During a Partial Solar Eclipse 2017

The International Space Station, with a crew of six onboard, is seen in silhouette as it transits the Sun at roughly five miles per second during a partial solar eclipse, Monday, Aug. 21, 2017 from Ross Lake, Northern Cascades National Park, Washington.
https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/f...0eb838_o_0.jpg

Last edited by log1iszero; August 24th, 2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old August 25th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShaanze View Post
C'mon, that can't be Sane I think Sane must be sporting glasses .. Must have very dreamy eyes. Sometimes I feel he must be very country boy kindish .. Sexier when covered in mud .. Someone who loves bonfires ufff a guy covered in mud, dirt, grease, over a suit and tie .. boy any freakin' day!
You are right, that is not me. I am black with pimples all over... which you cannot make out because I am covered in mud and grease most of the time. And that is because of the hard work of the heavy-duty kind that I do day in and day out. Basically I am ripped with muskles. And I literally live around bonfires in remote jungle attires

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
There is a saying in my country - What does a monkey know about the taste of ginger?

Seeing the total eclipse was a surreal and magical experience. I heard divine voices and these numbers flashed brightly in front of my eyes - 6, 7, 16, 23, 26, 4. ...
Every night is surreal and magical to me. I look up at the stars every night and wonder... wonder where the sun went. I really want to taste more exotic flavors than ginger, garlic, chillies... much more exotic. And I knew ahead of time that this eclipse did not have that in it. This was a very timid eclipse. I am waiting for the bigger one.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 26th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post

Every night is surreal and magical to me. I look up at the stars every night and wonder... wonder where the sun went. I really want to taste more exotic flavors than ginger, garlic, chillies... much more exotic. And I knew ahead of time that this eclipse did not have that in it. This was a very timid eclipse. I am waiting for the bigger one.
Buffalo has gone into water!

Old August 27th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Buffalo has gone into water!
You are calling me buffalo... just because I am black with pimples all over my face and body. You are a racist... you are a buffalophobist

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 27th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Banned

While looking at the discussions been going on here,..... here, I may suggest an appropriated bride, born on a complete Eclipse day, @ Total Eclipse time.... !

Colour jaay,... toh Paisa paachha, Boss !
Old August 27th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

She is beautiful... I will do her.

Btw, that is a photoshop. Bolo kaise

Old August 27th, 2017, 10:21 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Btw, that is a photoshop. Bolo kaise
Since it is one of the 'interesting' pics shared by Jagguji, it is sure to be a photoshop or an incorrect fact.
Old August 27th, 2017, 10:23 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by log1iszero View Post
While looking at the discussions been going on here,..... here, I may suggest an appropriated bride, born on a complete Eclipse day, @ Total Eclipse time.... !

Colour jaay,... toh Paisa paachha, Boss !
I don't know where you live, but in Umrika, such jokes are racist. Try telling such a joke in public and it will be a hate crime.
Old August 28th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree to an extent, watching eclipse live streaming on TV was like watching paint dry.
But I guess, the rarity of the event was what was mystifying. At least thats what I feel.

Reminds me of a flower, Brahmakamal we had at home back then. It blooms once a year, if that and that happens only for a few hours. When the bud comes out, my mom, sister and I used to sit up all night trying to watch it bloom. a few times we succeeded. It was absolutely beautiful. Can I not get a more beautiful flower to watch? Of course I can. Its the rarity.

But if it doesnt appeal to you, I dont see why anyone should have a problem with it! Ask them to go f...never mind.
Old August 28th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Banned

All it needed was, just an old useless 3 1/2 or 5 1/4 floppy computer disc,... break it,... bend it twice,..... and watch it, for 3 quick seconds,...

and if not, get a mirror, cover it with round opening and project it on a wall.

I still remember,... when I was a kid,.... one comet with very long tail was showing up,... at 3.30 around in the morning and we all kids had put an alarm, woke up and had to go,.. in an open chogaan of our pole,... to watch it clearly,... the tail was terribly long like a kite,.. The event was a worth-watch , for waking up at 3:30 night.,...
Old August 28th, 2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
This was a very timid eclipse. I am waiting for the bigger one.
That is 7 years away

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sola..._April_8,_2024

The max duration is double the one of this years eclipse but you have to be in Mexico to experience all 5 minutes.

The eclipse also touches Kannedda. So you could share notes with Aashiji.

Btw, there are 2 more total eclipses before that, but one is in Argentina and other is in Antarctica
Old August 28th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
That is 7 years away

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sola..._April_8,_2024

The max duration is double the one of this years eclipse but you have to be in Mexico to experience all 5 minutes.

The eclipse also touches Kannedda. So you could share notes with Aashiji.

Btw, there are 2 more total eclipses before that, but one is in Argentina and other is in Antarctica
nice! i am excited to see the totality. i never witnessed one.
Old August 28th, 2017, 11:29 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Some smart people put sunscreen in their eyes to protect themselves from the glare of the solar eclipse.

At first I thought it was funny/fake news.. but no it's not.

Quote:
Patients treated for putting sunscreen in eyes during solar eclipse, report says

Those looking for alternative ways to protect their eyes from Monday’s solar eclipse are now seeking medical treatment after putting sunblock on their eyeballs.

Nurse practitioner Trish Patterson tells KRCR she hasn’t seen any cases of damage by looking directly at the sun, but she and her colleagues have seen a few patients who experienced pain after putting sunblock in their eyes.

“One of my colleagues at moonlight here stated yesterday that they had patients presenting at their clinic that put sunscreen on their eyeball, and presented that they were having pain and they were referred to an ophthalmologist,” she said.

According to the National Capital Poison Center, sunscreen getting in your eyes can cause pain and irritation. They recommend rinsing with running water as the best first aid.

LINK