eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 26th, 2004, 07:33 PM
amal amal is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: canada
Posts: 587
amal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to behold
Butter...is it vegetarian or non vegetarian?

I say butter is non vegetarian because it is made from animal fat.........do u agree with me?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:26 PM
raniraja's Avatar
raniraja raniraja is offline
The Y A W N E S T zzzz
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Surat
Posts: 9,624
raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
very interesting point amal,
the same is the debate about all milk products..
__________________
Nietzsche (1887) : God is dead
God (1900) : Nietzsche is dead
-----------------------------------------
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 26th, 2004, 10:23 PM
amal amal is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: canada
Posts: 587
amal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by raniraja
very interesting point amal,
the same is the debate about all milk products..
so raniraja u r agree with me tht butter and all milk products r non vegetarian thanx.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old July 26th, 2004, 10:39 PM
vyomkeshsaxena's Avatar
vyomkeshsaxena vyomkeshsaxena is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: laluland
Posts: 6,058
vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by amal
thanx.
what r u upto
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 26th, 2004, 11:05 PM
tantric_yogi's Avatar
tantric_yogi tantric_yogi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Jumrritalaiya!
Posts: 14,074
tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
bery intaresting. If milk or butter being scrutiniezzed ...

How about water? Is water veg or non veg?

Afterall glass of water you drank an hour ago did pass through urination system of Tantric Yogi, dog, cat, rat, cow, goat and or even some Paki ... you do realise water we drink is re-processed stuph?
__________________
.................................................
Stupid Opinions ... All Mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for FREE.
Jamke Dushmani Karo Humse ... Magar Bas Itni Gunjaesh Hai Aapse
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!


LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:39 AM
rockandroll's Avatar
rockandroll rockandroll is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 323
rockandroll is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok so whoever claimed in the last thread being vegetarian and accused people who eat chicken, Those people should make themselves aware about eating milk products



Quote:
Originally posted by tantric_yogi
bery intaresting. If milk or butter being scrutiniezzed ...

How about water? Is water veg or non veg?

Afterall glass of water you drank an hour ago did pass through urination system of Tantric Yogi, dog, cat, rat, cow, goat and or even some Paki ... you do realise water we drink is re-processed stuph?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Desi24's Avatar
Desi24 Desi24 is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: VA
Posts: 1,726
Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future
I think someone is about to use the loophole that since no one was hurt during the extraction of milk, its okay. I don't buy that since the cow didn't volunteer to give up the milk. She was forced.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:22 AM
GpeL's Avatar
GpeL GpeL is offline
Pelu Pelu
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Yahaan vahaan jaahaan tahaan
Posts: 19,162
GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Milk might be non veg.. it could be veg.. I am not going into an argument there. But even if it was non veg, remember the first foode EVERY mamal has (including whale) is milk.. milk from the mother.. so even before you made up your mind weather you are veg or non veg, and even before you learnt how to ask such a question or even spend a second over that issue, you have spent many many second digesting that very stuff and relishing it.. so if you think milk is non veg, then every one of us is a non vegeterian.. if you think it is veg.. then some of us are vegeterians.. (a. la. Landya bhai who says he is a jain).. even buddhism and jainism do not prohibit milk..

By the way, who ever said milk was forcefully taken from a cow.. learn that if the cow is lactating and the milk is not removed, she will be under extreme duress.. the milk has to be pumped out and if no consumers thrown away.

I say milk is an exception.. it is not non veg.. it is not veg.. it is the only food that is compulsory if you are a mammal.

(Ever watched anyone trying weening away a 1 year old from breast feeding? The hungama the one year old puts up is hillarious to see, irritating to the mother, and the kid is relentless)
__________________
GpeL a day
Keeps mischief away.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:53 AM
rockandroll's Avatar
rockandroll rockandroll is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 323
rockandroll is an unknown quantity at this point
Good Quote from Gpel, so you do talk sensible sometimes.....



Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Milk might be non veg.. it could be veg.. I am not going into an argument there. But even if it was non veg, remember the first foode EVERY mamal has (including whale) is milk.. milk from the mother.. so even before you made up your mind weather you are veg or non veg, and even before you learnt how to ask such a question or even spend a second over that issue, you have spent many many second digesting that very stuff and relishing it.. so if you think milk is non veg, then every one of us is a non vegeterian.. if you think it is veg.. then some of us are vegeterians.. (a. la. Landya bhai who says he is a jain).. even buddhism and jainism do not prohibit milk..

By the way, who ever said milk was forcefully taken from a cow.. learn that if the cow is lactating and the milk is not removed, she will be under extreme duress.. the milk has to be pumped out and if no consumers thrown away.

I say milk is an exception.. it is not non veg.. it is not veg.. it is the only food that is compulsory if you are a mammal.

(Ever watched anyone trying weening away a 1 year old from breast feeding? The hungama the one year old puts up is hillarious to see, irritating to the mother, and the kid is relentless)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 27th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Desi24's Avatar
Desi24 Desi24 is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: VA
Posts: 1,726
Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future
But wouldn't the cow feed her calves with the milk and not be in duress? The only reason she would be in trouble if she is separated from them and then she would require lactacting.

But very good pt. about us drinking milk from birth Gpel. Never thought of it that way.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 27th, 2004, 10:02 AM
GpeL's Avatar
GpeL GpeL is offline
Pelu Pelu
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Yahaan vahaan jaahaan tahaan
Posts: 19,162
GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
From what I was told (by our gwala) an adult cow/goat/buffalo lactates continuously unlike other mamals that stop lactating when the kid stops nursing (for example, humans, dogs and that is why cows are considered for diary farming and not animals that stop lactating a.la dog).. so if there is no calf around to suckle, the cow will be in pain and might get serious illness. Actually our gwalaa told me they do not milk cows that have nursing calf and leave that milk for the calf (atleast in chattisgrah). Also, the calf starts eating grass and stuff right from birth (it has teeth even as a new born unlike humans who get their teeth only after about 9 months and are totally dependant on their parents to feed them)..

I might be wrong, but I am willing to learn.

One of the reasons for hindu prohibiting beef is because we consume cow milk all our lives and hence it is considered equivalent to mother.
__________________
GpeL a day
Keeps mischief away.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 27th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Desi24's Avatar
Desi24 Desi24 is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: VA
Posts: 1,726
Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future
Oh wow.....I didn't know that a cow lactates all the time. If that's the case then its def. not forced.

Thx for the info Gpel!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old July 27th, 2004, 10:35 AM
YedaAnna's Avatar
YedaAnna YedaAnna is offline
Livin La Vida Loca
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: eCharcha!!!
Posts: 5,713
YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
no a cow does not lactate all the time. you need to milk it regularly so as to keep it lactating. even then after a while it stops giving milk. at that time, the cow has to conceive again.

same is the case with humans. ive seen 6-7 year old kids still breast-fed!
__________________
Chaalse, Bhavse, Faavse
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old July 27th, 2004, 10:37 AM
rockandroll's Avatar
rockandroll rockandroll is offline
eCharchan
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 323
rockandroll is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, Seems like you have done Ph.D. in cow. Were you a milkman in India?




Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
From what I was told (by our gwala) an adult cow/goat/buffalo lactates continuously unlike other mamals that stop lactating when the kid stops nursing (for example, humans, dogs and that is why cows are considered for diary farming and not animals that stop lactating a.la dog).. so if there is no calf around to suckle, the cow will be in pain and might get serious illness. Actually our gwalaa told me they do not milk cows that have nursing calf and leave that milk for the calf (atleast in chattisgrah). Also, the calf starts eating grass and stuff right from birth (it has teeth even as a new born unlike humans who get their teeth only after about 9 months and are totally dependant on their parents to feed them)..

I might be wrong, but I am willing to learn.

One of the reasons for hindu prohibiting beef is because we consume cow milk all our lives and hence it is considered equivalent to mother.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old July 27th, 2004, 10:38 AM
YedaAnna's Avatar
YedaAnna YedaAnna is offline
Livin La Vida Loca
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: eCharcha!!!
Posts: 5,713
YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by rockandroll
Wow, Seems like you have done Ph.D. in cow. Were you a milkman in India?
by those terms, u gotto be a saleswoman in a cloth store!
__________________
Chaalse, Bhavse, Faavse
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is egg vegetarian or non-vegetarian? is milk also non-vegetarian landyaBhai Health 28 February 27th, 2014 08:25 PM
Why being non-vegetarian is better carnivore Health 9 July 27th, 2013 07:54 AM
Mushroom.. a vegetarian or non-vegetarian ? Indian Philosophy 103 September 30th, 2010 02:23 PM
Being vegetarian!!! induz Life Abroad 60 March 29th, 2010 05:46 PM
Butter...is It Vegetarian Or Non-vegetarian? amal SoapBox 8 October 21st, 2001 09:12 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.