eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old July 26th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Senior eCharchan

amal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to behold
Butter...is it vegetarian or non vegetarian?

I say butter is non vegetarian because it is made from animal fat.........do u agree with me?
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:26 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
very interesting point amal,
the same is the debate about all milk products..
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

amal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to beholdamal is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by raniraja
very interesting point amal,
the same is the debate about all milk products..
so raniraja u r agree with me tht butter and all milk products r non vegetarian thanx.
Old July 26th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by amal
thanx.
what r u upto
Old July 26th, 2004, 11:05 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
bery intaresting. If milk or butter being scrutiniezzed ...

How about water? Is water veg or non veg?

Afterall glass of water you drank an hour ago did pass through urination system of Tantric Yogi, dog, cat, rat, cow, goat and or even some Paki ... you do realise water we drink is re-processed stuph?
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:39 AM
eCharchan

rockandroll is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok so whoever claimed in the last thread being vegetarian and accused people who eat chicken, Those people should make themselves aware about eating milk products

Quote:
Originally posted by tantric_yogi
bery intaresting. If milk or butter being scrutiniezzed ...

How about water? Is water veg or non veg?

Afterall glass of water you drank an hour ago did pass through urination system of Tantric Yogi, dog, cat, rat, cow, goat and or even some Paki ... you do realise water we drink is re-processed stuph?
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future
I think someone is about to use the loophole that since no one was hurt during the extraction of milk, its okay. I don't buy that since the cow didn't volunteer to give up the milk. She was forced.
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Milk might be non veg.. it could be veg.. I am not going into an argument there. But even if it was non veg, remember the first foode EVERY mamal has (including whale) is milk.. milk from the mother.. so even before you made up your mind weather you are veg or non veg, and even before you learnt how to ask such a question or even spend a second over that issue, you have spent many many second digesting that very stuff and relishing it.. so if you think milk is non veg, then every one of us is a non vegeterian.. if you think it is veg.. then some of us are vegeterians.. (a. la. Landya bhai who says he is a jain).. even buddhism and jainism do not prohibit milk..

By the way, who ever said milk was forcefully taken from a cow.. learn that if the cow is lactating and the milk is not removed, she will be under extreme duress.. the milk has to be pumped out and if no consumers thrown away.

I say milk is an exception.. it is not non veg.. it is not veg.. it is the only food that is compulsory if you are a mammal.

(Ever watched anyone trying weening away a 1 year old from breast feeding? The hungama the one year old puts up is hillarious to see, irritating to the mother, and the kid is relentless)
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:53 AM
eCharchan

Good Quote from Gpel, so you do talk sensible sometimes.....

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Milk might be non veg.. it could be veg.. I am not going into an argument there. But even if it was non veg, remember the first foode EVERY mamal has (including whale) is milk.. milk from the mother.. so even before you made up your mind weather you are veg or non veg, and even before you learnt how to ask such a question or even spend a second over that issue, you have spent many many second digesting that very stuff and relishing it.. so if you think milk is non veg, then every one of us is a non vegeterian.. if you think it is veg.. then some of us are vegeterians.. (a. la. Landya bhai who says he is a jain).. even buddhism and jainism do not prohibit milk..

By the way, who ever said milk was forcefully taken from a cow.. learn that if the cow is lactating and the milk is not removed, she will be under extreme duress.. the milk has to be pumped out and if no consumers thrown away.

I say milk is an exception.. it is not non veg.. it is not veg.. it is the only food that is compulsory if you are a mammal.

(Ever watched anyone trying weening away a 1 year old from breast feeding? The hungama the one year old puts up is hillarious to see, irritating to the mother, and the kid is relentless)
Old July 27th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future
But wouldn't the cow feed her calves with the milk and not be in duress? The only reason she would be in trouble if she is separated from them and then she would require lactacting.

But very good pt. about us drinking milk from birth Gpel. Never thought of it that way.
Old July 27th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
From what I was told (by our gwala) an adult cow/goat/buffalo lactates continuously unlike other mamals that stop lactating when the kid stops nursing (for example, humans, dogs and that is why cows are considered for diary farming and not animals that stop lactating a.la dog).. so if there is no calf around to suckle, the cow will be in pain and might get serious illness. Actually our gwalaa told me they do not milk cows that have nursing calf and leave that milk for the calf (atleast in chattisgrah). Also, the calf starts eating grass and stuff right from birth (it has teeth even as a new born unlike humans who get their teeth only after about 9 months and are totally dependant on their parents to feed them)..

I might be wrong, but I am willing to learn.

One of the reasons for hindu prohibiting beef is because we consume cow milk all our lives and hence it is considered equivalent to mother.
Old July 27th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

Oh wow.....I didn't know that a cow lactates all the time. If that's the case then its def. not forced.

Thx for the info Gpel!
Old July 27th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
no a cow does not lactate all the time. you need to milk it regularly so as to keep it lactating. even then after a while it stops giving milk. at that time, the cow has to conceive again.

same is the case with humans. ive seen 6-7 year old kids still breast-fed!
Old July 27th, 2004, 10:37 AM
eCharchan

Wow, Seems like you have done Ph.D. in cow. Were you a milkman in India?

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
From what I was told (by our gwala) an adult cow/goat/buffalo lactates continuously unlike other mamals that stop lactating when the kid stops nursing (for example, humans, dogs and that is why cows are considered for diary farming and not animals that stop lactating a.la dog).. so if there is no calf around to suckle, the cow will be in pain and might get serious illness. Actually our gwalaa told me they do not milk cows that have nursing calf and leave that milk for the calf (atleast in chattisgrah). Also, the calf starts eating grass and stuff right from birth (it has teeth even as a new born unlike humans who get their teeth only after about 9 months and are totally dependant on their parents to feed them)..

I might be wrong, but I am willing to learn.

One of the reasons for hindu prohibiting beef is because we consume cow milk all our lives and hence it is considered equivalent to mother.
Old July 27th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by rockandroll
Wow, Seems like you have done Ph.D. in cow. Were you a milkman in India?
by those terms, u gotto be a saleswoman in a cloth store!