eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old March 27th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Strengthening immunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Typhoid has been eradicated from US of A. So even if you go to LA or San Diego , you won't get it.
Yup,..
like sometimes ago,.. we in India,.. had a lots of posters on the walls like,…

“ Sheetala / Baliya ka case founders ko Rs 10,000 Inaam” a long ago ! ‘Coz we knew,.. we have a total victory over it !

I hope, eventually with the solar technology, they put all automatic Solar panels, attracting and killing the flying mosquitoes and bees,.. on every light and elec. poles and trees, bus stop roofs,..
and that will do the work of auto killing of bees and mosquitoes 24/7 and can control Malaria and lots of other diseases,.. . a lot. TED had an interesting video on this.

In US, we have the ENT diseases are very common,.. I suffer the same, very frequently,..

I have allergy of Pollens in the air,.. when its time arrive, around oct-nov.

I have had the same problem, runny nose and the fluid was accumulating, with a pressure behind the ear-drum, very often,..
and had taken,.. Seldane, ceclor, Entex-LA, sudafeds, many on-the-counter medicines,.. and also many antibiotics,.. for 10+ yrs on and off and was tired,..

But now,.. it suits me, some particular nasal sprays and Alka seltzer plus ( that tablet with creates foam, like soda ) suits me a lot, and I take it, as soon as I feel runny nose.

Those, over the nose straps ( will aid breathing, the whole night ) also helps a lot, as I heard from many.

IMHO, Our desi upchaar of “ Naas” ( breathing the boiling water of chai+ ajwaayein + balm, under a closed blanket, while sitting on floor ) is the best in many of the beginning level, before the attack gets to its ultimate climax !

Also in the winter, chai ka garam-masala and soonth,… boiling in the milk ( making “ Ukaalo” ), using more ginger in food, be a good habit
instead of pouring the mud like tannin and caffeine in the stomach, in terms of tea and coffee, as we don’t sip brandy or whiskey !

Last edited by Jagmohan; March 27th, 2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old March 27th, 2015, 11:46 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Jaggu ji, i thought Solar panels were meant to generate solar power. Looking forward to your enlightening talk on how they help kill mosquitoes.
Old March 27th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Sure,. why not !

Of course it will be by low frequency laser rays, but the units will work and operate automatically, if mounted on city-street pole, using the constant solar power....for free and 24/7.

It would be by laser rays, but the point is,
solar panel will charge it, continuously free.

In the advancement of today, solar panel can do a lot,...
In my own home gardens, I keep it ( pest control solars ) which keeps away hazardous insects/paste/bugs and even small animals by making particular frequency of noises at certain interval, batteries been charged by solar,..
Also I keep it around my shed and it prohibits rabbits and skunks even to some extent,..living below it,.. as it makes noises ( charged by solar ) that, those animals can't sleep.

Here it is. How, solar chargers can produce laser rays, and devices if mounted on every light-elec. poles, can control mosquito automatically round the clock with no maintenance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwyMuwNYKvI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM6E3f2lT14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnSKrzmpKGw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1xXa17IzCY

I have almost dozen like this, around my shed and in the vege. garden.
click
https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&t...ed=0CBQQqi4oAg
and in box, use the word : " solar pest control " and " solar mosquito killer "

Last edited by Jagmohan; March 27th, 2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old March 29th, 2015, 04:45 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
That indeed sounds bad. Here most of the clinics open at 9 and close at 5 PM. However, there are a bunch of clinics that stay open until 8 PM. After that its ER.

Most clinics work from 9-5 on saturdays too but many are closed on sunday's. But still there are a few that are open on sundays.

Generally we get around 10 minutes with the doctors. If the matter needs mor checking/talking, they take it as they see fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
only the pediatrician gives you time.. not the other so called family doctors. The one thing I really hate about US is the medical system .. thankfully found a dentist (desi) who works on saturdays and sundays as well, this is how it should be.. not everyone can work from home.

You can pretty much suffer on the weekend or go to urgent care/emergency and wait there for 2/8 hours before you're attended to, in order of arrival.
The deal is - For Consulting it is weekdays and you have to take an appointment well in advance. If you are sick, go to Urgent Care. If you are really sick, you go to ER (after the Triage)

Now, if you are in an employer sponsored insurance, it helps. My second one's birth bills in the start showed some $14k, then after discounts and insurance payments , cost to us was about $1800. The ultimate cost (including anaesthesia and all sorts of bills ) was $33k and to us it was $4k..

However, Compare it to my Senior. Total cost was INR 50k and all of it was covered by my better half's insurance (There were no co pays in those days, but Desi insurance companies have also become smarter since then). Of course we had to continually visit the paediatrician, who cost Rs 150 per visit.
Old March 29th, 2015, 04:46 PM

For my left foot, i had to visit the podiatrist every fortnight or so. Well, we used to work weekends and late nights for the desi dominated client. So, i used to inform them and went missing for an hour or so.
Old March 30th, 2015, 06:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
The deal is - For Consulting it is weekdays and you have to take an appointment well in advance. If you are sick, go to Urgent Care. If you are really sick, you go to ER (after the Triage)
what do you mean urgent care and how is it different from the ER (triage?)
Here we only have two types, one is the clinic and the other is the ER (urgent care basically).

Also, for my first delivery, I didn't even pay a penny. But of course we have killer taxes and so i guess that compensates (?).
Old March 30th, 2015, 07:33 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

There are what are called urgent care clinics .. they can't operate or anything.. more like off hours doctor. Generally there's one within 5-10 miles of you in any medium to big city. Urgent cares are open from like 8am to 10pm on weekdays and may be like 6-8pm on Saturday, Sunday. Like this once my wife cut her hand with a knife, big gashing wound in her palm.. we go to urgent care on a sunday morning. If it were Sunday night we'd have gone to the hospital emergency.

urgent cares.. smaller bills..
hospital emergency bills.. you remember and sometime pay for a lifetime.
Old March 30th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are what are called urgent care clinics .. they can't operate or anything.. more like off hours doctor. Generally there's one within 5-10 miles of you in any medium to big city. Urgent cares are open from like 8am to 10pm on weekdays and may be like 6-8pm on Saturday, Sunday. Like this once my wife cut her hand with a knife, big gashing wound in her palm.. we go to urgent care on a sunday morning. If it were Sunday night we'd have gone to the hospital emergency.

urgent cares.. smaller bills..
hospital emergency bills.. you remember and sometime pay for a lifetime.
So urgent care facilities are basically ER's during the regular hours? Do they take all kinds of complicated cases or there is a list of some sort?
Also, when you call 911, they take you to ER right?
Old March 30th, 2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
So urgent care facilities are basically ER's during the regular hours? Do they take all kinds of complicated cases or there is a list of some sort?
Not all sorts of complicated cases. But you can land up there and they decide. For my foot (which was causing the fever), the doc was unable to figure it out and referred me to ER.

If i was in Apna desh, i might have put some neosprin powder at the start and avoided the whole thing. But that is not available in US. you get some paste, which was not wirking.
Old March 30th, 2015, 08:34 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, when you call 911, they take you to ER right?
Urgent care's are cheaper and sort of faster hospital visits for non-critical stuff .. Even doctors won't/can't treat you during regular hours .. like a huge cut needs stitched up but is not life threatening in any way, or severe fever after hours. My kid had one of his eyes swell up few months back.. we went to urgent care, by the time bugger saw us it was almost fine anyway, and guess what there was only one person ahead of us on a Thursday evening.

911 is for emergencies only.. Ambulance takes you to nearest hospital's Intensive care or Operating room to save your life. Somebody stopped breathing, heart attacks, stroke, broke their arm, shoulder popped out, or shot or can't move from the bed back is broken needs to be lifted out of their bed, or what have you (generally life threatening or needs immediate medical care).
Old March 30th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not all sorts of complicated cases. But you can land up there and they decide. For my foot (which was causing the fever), the doc was unable to figure it out and referred me to ER.

If i was in Apna desh, i might have put some neosprin powder at the start and avoided the whole thing. But that is not available in US. you get some paste, which was not wirking.
But how are you sure that neosprin powder would have worked?
Old March 30th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

One thing I like about here is that the prescription medication is highly regulated. In Apna desh, even anti0biotics are freely available.
Quote:
Urgent care's are cheaper and sort of faster hospital visits for non-critical stuff .. Even doctors won't/can't treat you during regular hours .. like a huge cut needs stitched up but is not life threatening in any way, or severe fever after hours. My kid had one of his eyes swell up few months back.. we went to urgent care, by the time bugger saw us it was almost fine anyway, and guess what there was only one person ahead of us on a Thursday evening.

911 is for emergencies only.. Ambulance takes you to nearest hospital's Intensive care or Operating room to save your life. Somebody stopped breathing, heart attacks, stroke, broke their arm, shoulder popped out, or shot or can't move from the bed back is broken needs to be lifted out of their bed, or what have you (generally life threatening or needs immediate medical care).
ah...got it. Also, wait times for ER's is typically 3 hours + here too. Even if no one is waiting to be seen before us.
Old March 30th, 2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
ah...got it. Also, wait times for ER's is typically 3 hours + here too. Even if no one is waiting to be seen before us.
so there's nobody ahead of you in the queue.. you describe your emergency situation, they go to watch a movie and read up about the medical issues you have going.
Old March 30th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
so there's nobody ahead of you in the queue.. you describe your emergency situation, they go to watch a movie and read up about the medical issues you have going.
I have no idea what they do! It frustrates me to the core. When my DD was 6 months old, she had very high fever. It was 2 AM when we decided it cannot wait any longer and went to ER. There was no one there in the waiting area. Apparently there is another waiting area inside with beds where they put more patients (we came to know about it after my partner got upset with the wait times). The head nurse checks the patient as soon as we get in. If 'she' thinks its an emergency, then it is emergency. If not, you wait until the doctor decides to see you.

So anyway, we waited for 3 hours and my LO was burning up. When the doctor did finally see her, they could not determine the source of fever. So, he could not prescribe anything for her. He sent us to a bunch of tests including x-rays, urine sample (ugh it was a nightmare for us and for the baby), several bloods works, stool checks etc. By the time they figured out the cause of fever, it was 2 PM. Took them 12 hours. No medication meanwhile. By the time we did get home, it was 7 PM. I guess this post qualifies for memory dump thread.
Old March 30th, 2015, 09:48 AM

sorry for the constant incessant on this ..

You show up late to the doctor's office for an appointment.. they don't see you and make you reschedule, then come the late fee charges in mail. Okay, fine, I understand the doctor lost business and can't be late for others.

But when the doctor delays you and makes you wait longer than a reasonable time.. shouldn't they pay you for waiting on them?

Logic and real life situations like this make Seinfled my favorite sitcom.

The waiting room..
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

there's another clip I'm searching for.. will post it here when I find it.