eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old June 9th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Junior eCharchan

Pakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to behold
Arrow Year 2000: A new medical condition came into existence

Year 2000. Thousands of people in India and lakhs around the world were afflicted with a newly-existent medical condition. There should be clarity in distinction between a newly-existent condition and an undiscovered condition. A newly-existent (medical) condition means it had never happened to anyone in history before the said date. An undiscovered (medical) condition means it has been happening before, perhaps since a long time but has not been noticed.

Q: Why didn’t this condition occur before?
A: It is for clinical-researchers to find out. As an experienced patient I can only suggest theories. It may be because this condition is caused by some recent technology and that technology was rare before 2000.

Q: Why didn’t this new technology cause this undiscovered disease to others?
A: Now this is a really naive question actually asked by a professional. Everyone’s health is not identical. This question is like asking, “Why doesn’t leukoderma, colour-blindness, diabetes, asthma happen to everyone?”

Q: How can you say this ‘disease’ is newly-existent?
A: Surely this malfunctioning is some unknown thing because its symptoms don’t match with any known condition.

Q: It started in 2000. Why even after so many years, it has still not been reported?
A: A small percentage of the population is suffering from the same ailment. Within that a still smaller percentage cares to report to doctors. And they all consult different doctors scattered over a vast geographical region. Thus the doctors are not in touch with each other. In such situation how would the medical fraternity realize that there’s an entire community who share my views of this being a new phenomenon?

Q: Why doctors don’t appreciate that this is a newly existent disease?
A: It is due to force of habit. For years they witness only those medical problems which are documented. If suddenly one day they have to treat a ‘Never-Before’ illness, it is natural to be skeptical. Doctors cannot be blamed for this. Doctors see all cases through the prism of known ailments. Doctors are determined that the diagnosis should be within the realm of hitherto recognized phenomena. They ensure this by misinterpreting some existent symptoms, ignoring others and presuming nonexistent ones. If that doesn’t work they use some vague generic term – which applies to everyone – to make the diagnosis.

Last edited by Pakau; June 15th, 2015 at 09:22 PM.
Old June 9th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Year 2000: A new medical condition came into existence

And what is that medical condition and what are the causes ?
Old June 9th, 2015, 03:27 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post

Swamiji, check this one - http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44452

May be these also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
Did I have any skills in crossing road and pedestrian safety when I was in school? I wonder how I am alive. I think in a period as late as 8th-9th standard or even later, atleast once I didn't care to look sideway. I was probably a jaywalker. It must be a miracle that I survived for so many years. Or could it be that I am already dead and the rest of the life is actually a long illusion? Like it happened to Bruce Willis in 'Sixth Sense' (movie)? Dukh ki baat ye hai ki mere papa bhi aise hi hai. Woh tou isliye zinda hai kyon ki 1960s ke end tak Bharat mein gadiyan na ke barabar thi.

Quote:
How to protect ourselves from being struck by lightning when we venture outdoors?

Or my guess is this happened in 2000

Quote:
United Nations Organisation should ban coconut trees in residential areas all over the world. An international law should be enacted making it illegal to allow growing of coconut trees in residential areas. They may grow it in forests far from habitation. That too under strict forest authority surveillance. But not in any place where people will go without protection.

Coconuts fall from trees unexpectedly, suddenly and abruptly. It can cause serious and even fatal accidents.

Last edited by sgars; June 9th, 2015 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Completed the post
Old June 10th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Junior eCharchan

Pakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to beholdPakau is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
I have to tread very carefully on this. I have thirteen years (problem started in 2000 and consultations in 2002) experience of trying to describe the symptoms. This concept is very difficult to understand. Doctor’s policy is first conclusion is last conclusion. They are adamant about the finality of the diagnosis they make and refuse to reexamine even if the diagnosis is as wrong as saying 2+2=5. I want my concerns addressed first. I want guarantees that there would be no misinterpretations or selective reading of description. Because doctors don’t give you second chance.
Old June 10th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakau View Post
Year 2000. Thousands of people in India and lakhs around the world were afflicted with a newly-existent medical condition. There should be clarity in distinction between a newly-existent condition and an undiscovered condition. A newly-existent (medical) condition means it had never happened to anyone in history before the said date. An undiscovered (medical) condition means it had happened before but had been noticed only recently.

Q: Why didn’t this condition occur before?
A: It is for clinical-researchers to find out. As an experienced patient I can only suggest theories. It may be because this condition is caused by some recent technology and that technology was rare before 2000.

Q: Why didn’t this new technology cause this undiscovered disease to others?
A: Now this is a really naive question actually asked by a professional. Everyone’s health is not identical. This question is like asking, “Why doesn’t leukoderma, colour-blindness, diabetes, asthma happen to everyone?”

Q: How can you say this ‘disease’ is newly-existent?
A: Surely this malfunctioning is some unknown thing because its symptoms don’t match with any known condition.

Q: It started in 2000. Why even after so many years, it has still not been reported?
A: A small percentage of the population is suffering from the same ailment. Within that a still smaller percentage cares to report to doctors. And they all consult different doctors scattered over a vast geographical region. Thus the doctors are not in touch with each other. In such situation how would the medical fraternity realize that there’s an entire community who share my views of this being a new phenomenon?

Q: Why doctors don’t appreciate that this is a newly existent disease?
A: It is due to force of habit. For years they witness only those medical problems which are documented. If suddenly one day they have to treat a ‘Never-Before’ illness, it is natural to be skeptical. Doctors cannot be blamed for this. Doctors see all cases through the prism of known ailments. Doctors are determined that the diagnosis should be within the realm of hitherto recognized phenomena. They ensure this by misinterpreting some existent symptoms, ignoring others and presuming nonexistent ones. If that doesn’t work they use some vague generic term – which applies to everyone – to make the diagnosis.
Hey this was the same year echarcha.com came into existence. What a coincidence.

Old June 10th, 2015, 08:08 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Hey this was the same year echarcha.com came into existence. What a coincidence.
I was also abot to say the same.
Old June 10th, 2015, 08:11 AM

More details here.

Quote:
Not only does misdiagnosis exacerbate the crisis, it also creates newer problems. As I said before, there are two illnesses. Doctors dismissed the first one as a case of DOAS (Depression, OCD, Anxiety, Stress) and for second they used flawed techniques. What they are basically saying is, "Absolutely nothing has happened to patient."

Due to abnormal mental health, my graduation was getting delayed. Had the diagnosis been accurate, parents response would have been, "We understand. There are these two handicaps. Take your time. We will not scold you."

But since doctors failed in their duty, parents nagged so badly that it disrupted my studies and worsened the delay. It’s not about what they speak. It’s because of the shrill sound my parents emit. Only if you were at the receiving end of that piercing voice, you will understand. See what happened:

1. Several times, I had the urge to take the extreme step.

2. After I had completed 8th semester but had few arrears (backlog) subjects, I wondered how to break the news of arrears subjects. So I went missing from home for 3 days and switched off the mobile. I thought then there would be no scolding. That incident, of course caused trauma to parents.

3. When I returned, I thought that it is resolved and now I would be free to study in peace for the backlogs. But then parents dropped a bombshell. They declared that they would accompany me to the other town for exam. My college was in another town. It was a bombshell because I had lied that there were only two backlogs when there were actually five left. I couldn't even attend all five because my mother accompanied me.

4. Since I had attended only two of the five backlogs, I had not finished the degree. But when parents called me on phone, I lied due to fear that I had passed. Now started the new problem. I couldn't study openly because since I had lied, I was scared that parents would ask why you are studying despite passing. What could have been over in two months got stretched to two years.

5. Parents would repeatedly ask for degree documents like certificate and marks card. I would postpone it on some pretext. When it took too long, I showed them forged certificates.

6. In order to be away from the watch of parents I decided to take a job outside the town and stay in a rented room. To get that job I paid some amount to my friend. But I was duped. I lost Rs. 60,000 but didn't get the job.

7. Let me repeat if not for the above mentioned bombshell, I would have cleared the remaining arrears in those two months itself. All that nagging by parents, my lying, consequent delay, loss of money etc happened because of the misinformation by professionals. Because of the misdiagnosis.
Old June 10th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Kya Pakau thread hai.
Old June 10th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Original Poster:

Hey, you are the same guy, who posts the same replies/context on all threads/forums,
you previously'd posted, those Chess things - why only 8 columns and rows, and then copied here's replies to there and vice versa! !

Look here :
Year 2000: A new medical condition came into existence

Last edited by Jagmohan; June 10th, 2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old June 10th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I was also abot to say the same.
Great minds think alike

Old June 10th, 2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
Original Poster:

Hey, you are the same guy, who posts the same replies/context on all threads/forums,
you previously'd posted, those Chess things - why only 8 columns and rows, and then copied here's replies to there and vice versa! !

Look here :
He should learn from you and just provide links to other forums or the google suggestions.
Old June 11th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Junior eCharchan

Question Re: Year 2000: A new medical condition came into existence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Kya Pakau thread hai.
It's not just about well being of few thousand individuals. It is also about the larger interest of science. Looking into my complaints may help delve a bit more into an area as unexplored as human brain. Is it worth thinking on those lines?
Old June 11th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakau View Post
It's not just about well being of few thousand individuals. It is also about the larger interest of science. Looking into my complaints may help delve a bit more into an area as unexplored as human brain. Is it worth thinking on those lines?
When there are billions of people, you should really stop worrying about a few thousand individuals. Science has a lot of things to discover and invent... please don't distract it with minor irritations like yours.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 11th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
When there are billions of people, you should really stop worrying about a few thousand individuals. Science has a lot of things to discover and invent... please don't distract it with minor irritations like yours.
Last I checked, Science was smoking weed with creationist junkies. Lets give it something better to do, like mulling over this newly discovered 'uncurified' disease.

Old June 11th, 2015, 03:03 PM
dr.ibbler

drsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
If you have been noticing some symptoms in you which you are sure that it’s some kind of unknown, un-curify disorder, but still no docs can identify/diagnose it,
or perhaps this new illness they even do not know, what name it is,.. and whether or not it’s illness or not !

Best advise to Pakau.
I couldn't have said it better writtenly.
ड्राइवर सांता बाजुवाल्ला के साथ बहस करना मुश्किल ही नहीं नामुमकिन है