eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > TV and Radio

Notices

TV and Radio Whats up with your favorite show?

Old June 11th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Post TV shows you are watching for a season or more

I have been watching some US TV shows since quite some time. Over the years, I have stopped watching many as they got repetitive and boring.

For example, I had seen season 1 of Quantico and found it interesting, so I continued on to season 2. Soon I got bored and stopped watching after episode 14 or so. The constant back and forth between present day and the training days finally got to me. I just couldn't go with it anymore.

The Blacklist was an awesome show and was like a James Bond movie but with darker tones. I kept watching till this year's season 4. But season 4 has run out of ideas and its become very boring. I stopped following it after episode 18 or 19.

How to Get Away with Murder was an awesome show. Season 1 was mind blowing and season 2 was also very good. But season 3... I just stopped watching after a few episodes...

Many good shows start off with a bang and continue for a couple of seasons, but then lose steam and become boring and devoid of any further plot directions.

I think such shows should recognize that they have had a good run and now have "jumped the shark"

Now I have settled on just a few shows which have been good every season -
  • Homeland
  • Bosch
Old June 11th, 2017, 12:14 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TV shows you are watching for a season or more

I did so on Netflix, but I watched all 7 seasons of californication twice. The theme is repetitive, but there are new women showing flesh. The director did realize it was getting repetitive and put a new start on season 4. At the end of season 7 it does become clear that this one was dying and any new season would have been lame.

Last edited by sgars; June 12th, 2017 at 07:44 AM.
Old June 11th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

I would not dare watch Quantico 2. It took me a stretch to finish season 1 when it came on Netflix. I could never understand the format and why make it so complicated. And the way everything was stretched to the extent of me losing my patience. And the damp squib at the end when it turns out that there was just a single person scheming the whole thing... no way

Only series that I watch now is Flash... and that's because the kids like it. There was Psych before this but that has long run out. And my favorite, 'Last Man Standing'... still waiting for the new season to be put on Netflix.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 12th, 2017, 07:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I have several shows that I am waiting for. Only mentioning the one's that really interest me.

Bates Motel. I dont know if everyone would like this; this is about a mentally disturbed teenager and his mom. They are very attached to each other, its weird relationship. I liked this, i want to see how this ends.

Stranger Things: scifi thing.

Orange is the new black: loved the first 2 seasons.

i have a big list...
Old June 12th, 2017, 08:04 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Orange is the new black: loved the first 2 seasons.
This series sounded interesting and I watched a few episodes.. but then they started with some ghost hen/cock stuff and dragged it for too long, and some lesbian/girly things, so I lost interest.
Old June 12th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

I am watching Better Call Saul -- although Season 3 has been a little slow, it is still quite an interesting show. Definitely recommended for fans of Breaking Bad.
Old June 12th, 2017, 08:27 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I am watching Better Call Saul -- although Season 3 has been a little slow, it is still quite an interesting show. Definitely recommended for fans of Breaking Bad.
I was just posting about this one.. yes good show, but I'm getting bored now.
Old June 12th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
The story line is interesting, however the development of the story is a little slow -- even slower than BB, my trick is that I DVR the show and watch 2-3 epi at a time.
Old June 12th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This series sounded interesting and I watched a few episodes.. but then they started with some ghost hen/cock stuff and dragged it for too long, and some lesbian/girly things, so I lost interest.
i dont remember seeing a ghost thing...
Old June 12th, 2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
i dont remember seeing a ghost thing...
There's something about a rooster/hen which the lead character sees in the prison yard, follows it but can't find it.. she tells some of the prison mates about it.. turns out the rooster/hen belonged to the prison main cook who thinks it's the lead character behind it missing.. something of this sort was dragged on for a few episodes.. so I got sick of it.
Old June 12th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
There's something about a rooster/hen which the lead character sees in the prison yard, follows it but can't find it.. she tells some of the prison mates about it.. turns out the rooster/hen belonged to the prison main cook who thinks it's the lead character behind it missing.. something of this sort was dragged on for a few episodes.. so I got sick of it.
oh ya..i remembered now. i liked the way the lead girls character unfolds as the seasons roll by. a very vulnerable and timid personality grows into someone the whole prison start to fear.

Similar to BB. where he grew into something so much more than what he stated with.
Old June 12th, 2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
The story line is interesting, however the development of the story is a little slow -- even slower than BB, my trick is that I DVR the show and watch 2-3 epi at a time.
Dot your i's and cross your t's !!
Old June 13th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
isn't this the season where Gustavo fring is supposed to make his appearance.. I loved seasons 1 & 2 waiting for season 3 to be available on Netflix or somewhere else.

Vince Gilligan is awesome.. i Love all the characters that he creates.. Mike Ehrmantrott, Jimmy - the folks at the law firm.. jimmy's girlfriend.. the mexican gangster Nacho, Tuco Salamanca

all awesome - all classic..
Old June 13th, 2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
isn't this the season where Gustavo fring is supposed to make his appearance.. I loved seasons 1 & 2 waiting for season 3 to be available on Netflix or somewhere else.

Vince Gilligan is awesome.. i Love all the characters that he creates.. Mike Ehrmantrott, Jimmy - the folks at the law firm.. jimmy's girlfriend.. the mexican gangster Nacho, Tuco Salamanca

all awesome - all classic..
That spacesuit stuff was too much.. I still believe mofo is faking it.
Old June 13th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

The shows which have really jumped the shark for me are
  • Blindspot
  • The Black List
  • Chicago PD - Used to watch it as a replacement for NYPD Blues from yesteryears
  • Lucifer - started well but now its becoming boring

I am waiting for True Detective season 3. Season 2 was just crappy. Season 1 was too good and so I continued watching it.

Many yeards ago there was Prison Break and I followed it till season 2. Then came Season 3 and it was all crap. Now they have started a new season again, but I am not going to watch it.