eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Technology

Notices

Technology Discuss all things technology that dont fit in the Computing forum...

Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:02 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Fascinating Story of a Brain! Einstein's Brain.

No comment necessary ... read for yourself.

copy/paste

Link for further read ...

Einstein's Brain Unlocks Some Mysteries Of The Mind

by Jon Hamilton

In the 55 years since Albert Einstein's death, many scientists have tried to figure out what made him so smart.

But no one tried harder than a pathologist named Thomas Harvey, who lost his job and his reputation in a quest to unlock the secrets of Einstein's genius. Harvey never found the answer. But through an unlikely sequence of events, his search helped transform our understanding of how the brain works.

In The Name Of Science

How that happened is a bizarre story that involves a dead genius, a stolen brain, a rogue scientist and a crazy idea that turned out not to be so crazy.

The genius, Einstein, died April 18, 1955, at Princeton Hospital in Princeton, N.J. Within hours, the quiet town was swarming with reporters and scientific luminaries, and people who simply wanted to be near the great man one last time, says Michael Paterniti, a writer who did a lot of research on the events of that day.

"It was like the death of the prophet," Paterniti says. "And so it got a little bit crazy."

Things got especially crazy for Thomas Harvey, who performed the autopsy on Einstein. During the procedure, he removed the brain to examine it, which is routine.

But instead of placing the brain back in the skull, Harvey put it in a jar of formaldehyde, Paterniti says.

"And out of that complete, sort of melee of the moment, he made off with the brain, and it was under somewhat dubious circumstances," Paterniti says.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; July 25th, 2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old June 7th, 2010, 10:47 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fascinating Story of a Brain! Einstein's Brain.

This here is a sad story of a little girl and strength, resolve, and sacrifices of the parents ... initially I was a bit bothered by the video ... but purpose is served if parent's intention was to make world aware of this terrible affliction, and a parent's difficulties in dealing with such children.

Got to salute the parents. Let's hope science can help solve mystery and the cure ... hopefully soon.

Story of Jani Schfield and her parents.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
This here is a sad story of a little girl and strength, resolve, and sacrifices of the parents ... initially I was a bit bothered by the video ... but purpose is served if parent's intention was to make world aware of this terrible affliction, and a parent's difficulties in dealing with such children.

Got to salute the parents. Let's hope science can help solve mystery and the cure ... hopefully soon.

Story of Jani Schfield and her parents.
My heart goes out for this family. What a struggle they must be going through. To think that Schizophrenia can actually happen to a child of 2 years is heart breaking. This must have started when she was really young (like weeks old) which explains why she was crying so much when she was a baby.

Sometimes we just write off any kids odd behavior as "brat" (especially when they are 2 years old) but these kinds of stories shed some light on what exactly is going on in their minds.
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
My heart goes out for this family. What a struggle they must be going through. To think that Schizophrenia can actually happen to a child of 2 years is heart breaking. This must have started when she was really young (like weeks old) which explains why she was crying so much when she was a baby.

Sometimes we just write off any kids odd behavior as "brat" (especially when they are 2 years old) but these kinds of stories shed some light on what exactly is going on in their minds.
How can one diagnose schizophrenia in a 2 year old? sounds like BS to me
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
No, it doesnt look like BS. Apparently child schizophrenia is extremely rare but not unknown.

I forgot to add in my previous post, how will this family deal with this scenario in the long term. Poor thing.

to answer your question, child was explaining that her cat commands to attack others. So do the rats and al other imaginary friends she is acquainted with.
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, it doesnt look like BS. Apparently child schizophrenia is extremely rare but not unknown.

I forgot to add in my previous post, how will this family deal with this scenario in the long term. Poor thing.
Alright, please tell me how one can go about diagnosing schizophrenia in a 2 year old...and distinguish it from throwing a tantrum due to his/her wishes not being fulfilled
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I edited my post. Child was explaining that her cat commands to attack others. So do the rats and all other imaginary friends she is acquainted with.You really need to read the entire story to believe that she could have schizophrenia; its a different story. The child seems like a genius at 18 months old. Unless you believe that a 2 year old can cook up these kinds of stories, it looks true.
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
I edited my post. Child was explaining that her cat commands to attack others. So do the rats and all other imaginary friends she is acquainted with.You really need to read the entire story to believe that she could have schizophrenia; its a different story. The child seems like a genius at 18 months old. Unless you believe that a 2 year old can cook up these kinds of stories, it looks true.
My nephew, when he was 2 years old requested a screwdriver (yes he spoke screw driver) to dismantle a radio...when I gave him one for slotted screwdriver, he asked me whether I thought he was stupid and asked for a Phillips screwdriver.....I think these days children are born with greater intelligence...initially I though my nephew was a genius...only to realize that there are smarter kids than him out there

I think there is something different about kids born during or after 2001

As for children imagining things....I used to imagine (when I was 3) that there was a lion in my house and it told me not to drink milk. So, then I was forced fed...and looked at my buddy lion who ordered me to throw up....and I could not refuse my buddy so nobody could cause me to drink milk...later when I came to US about 10 years ago....I realized I was lactose intolerant

Last edited by dhurandhar; June 11th, 2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
My nephew, when he was 2 years old requested a screwdriver (yes he spoke screw driver) to dismantle a radio...when I gave him one for slotted screwdriver, he asked me whether I thought he was stupid and asked for a Phillips screwdriver.....I think these days children are born with greater intelligence...initially I though my nephew was a genius...only to realize that there are smarter kids than him out there

I think there is something different about kids born during or after 2001
well...great for your nephew. But like I said, the child in question was becoming really violent. If you have some time this weekend, read the link which TY gave. Perhaps that will make you consider that it is possible for 2 year old to be schizophrenic.
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
As for children imagining things....I used to imagine (when I was 3) that there was a lion in my house and it told me not to drink milk. So, then I was forced fed...and looked at my buddy lion who ordered me to throw up....and I could not refuse my buddy so nobody could cause me to drink milk...later when I came to US about 10 years ago....I realized I was lactose intolerant
Too funny !

You were not throwing tantrums like this child though. If you were, you would have been considered a mental case and would have been locked up in some institution long time ago.

What is this fascination you have in disagreeing with me on everything ? Really...at least know the actual story before you disagree!
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

There was this noble prize winner who had paranoid Schizophrenia.
My point is some of them are extremely creative and or genius.But thankfully today there are medicines to control Schizophrenia.