eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old December 9th, 2002, 02:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Who's to be blamed

I came across this article on Rediff:

http://www.rediff.com/news/2002/dec/03diary.htm

Do you guys n gals agree with the author's views? I don't. According to me if anybody is to be blamed it is the girl herself for putting up with her MIL. This girls is financially independent, so why is she staying with such a family. I blame her parents also for not supporting her.
Old December 9th, 2002, 02:23 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Netra welcome back ... nice to have you with us.

I blame our cultural cringe, society and her husband ... don't rock the boat ... people will talk ... log kiya kahenge. Women have been sacrificed on the altar of our culture for centuries and nothing much seems to have changed.

There are mother in laws like that ... these are the women who think no other women is ever good enough for their little boy and those boys never really grow up ... mama's boys! Age rules. We respect people not for their achievments but their age.

Poor women ...
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old December 9th, 2002, 02:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Yes, I am glad to be back too.

I remember reading somewhere that a woman is a woman's biggest enemy. How very true!!!
Old December 9th, 2002, 03:19 AM
The One and Only.

brahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud of
Re: Who's to be blamed

Quote:
Originally posted by Netra
I came across this article on Rediff:

http://www.rediff.com/news/2002/dec/03diary.htm

Do you guys n gals agree with the author's views? I don't. According to me if anybody is to be blamed it is the girl herself for putting up with her MIL. This girls is financially independent, so why is she staying with such a family. I blame her parents also for not supporting her.
Welcome Back Netra.

Yes u r right if everything in that article is true then first thing she should do is to kick that b@@stard husband of hers and leave immediately.
Old December 9th, 2002, 03:36 AM
Junior eCharchan

tamaacha has a reputation beyond reputetamaacha has a reputation beyond reputetamaacha has a reputation beyond reputetamaacha has a reputation beyond reputetamaacha has a reputation beyond reputetamaacha has a reputation beyond reputetamaacha has a reputation beyond reputetamaacha has a reputation beyond reputetamaacha has a reputation beyond reputetamaacha has a reputation beyond reputetamaacha has a reputation beyond repute
kisi ko blame karne se kya hoga?
jo kismet mein likha hoga wahi hoga.
uperwala jo chahega wahi hoga.
Old December 9th, 2002, 03:39 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Who's to be blamed

Quote:
Originally posted by brahmchari
Welcome Back Netra.

Yes u r right if everything in that article is true then first thing she should do is to kick that b@@stard husband of hers and leave immediately.
Thanks to Netra ... after long time I dont mind putting Tantric Yogi's name to his thoughts ...

Brahmcharijee bhaYa but this woman loves her husband ... women are really like that ... you know.

Chinese, Caucasians, African and Indian or from any culture or society ... a woman who loves her man will make all kind of sacrifices for the bastard ...
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old December 9th, 2002, 04:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by tamaacha
kisi ko blame karne se kya hoga?
jo kismet mein likha hoga wahi hoga.
uperwala jo chahega wahi hoga.
Great views!!
eCharcha.com just became richer by your opinions..!!!
Old December 9th, 2002, 05:06 AM
The One and Only.

brahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud ofbrahmchari has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Re: Who's to be blamed

Quote:
Originally posted by tantric_yogi
Thanks to Netra ... after long time I dont mind putting Tantric Yogi's name to his thoughts ...

Brahmcharijee bhaYa but this woman loves her husband ... women are really like that ... you know.

Chinese, Caucasians, African and Indian or from any culture or society ... a woman who loves her man will make all kind of sacrifices for the bastard ...
Yes u r right taantrik I have heard so, but unfortunately I dont have any such experience. Searching for someone like her minus her job (i dont like working ladies) In my humble opinion ladies should stay at home, do all those things which they are supposed to do. A lady should accept job only if the husband is unable to feed the family. Its a man's job afterall, IMHO again. May be I am a bit old fashioned but can't change that so be it.
Old December 9th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

cool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these parts
It's sad , the way girls are raised by some families.Of course,talkin about India.

Shouldn't talk too much, shouldn't laugh out loud, should grow their hair. "Tera pati tera parmeshwar." and all that bull!!

Moms taunt their daughters to death man!

I hate to see such helpless women,as the girl in this article, from my generation.It's just sad and enraging at the same time.
A LOT has to do with the way the girls are brought up.

Parents need to expose their girl to all that is possible and THEN let ur girl decide what she wants to do and how she wants to be rather than confining her to the so called "conventions" .
Old December 9th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
No doubt that the husband is spineless little worm. The nagging in-laws and the phone permission problems can be tackled. Husband is a fukker if he is not doing anything about this. The woman can't do anything much about it. She is respecting the old farts cos they are her husband's parents.

(Edited)

Last edited by Big-G; December 9th, 2002 at 11:49 AM.
Old December 9th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

cool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
She is respecting the old farts cos they are her husband's parents.
wat the.....?
There is a limit to that!! I would respect a person for what he/she is ...not because he /she is Bill Gates mom,dad!!!!

For Brahmachari.....wat can I say about a guy who doesn't want a partner with her own ambitions,dreams,craving to do something on her own...for her own development(not for HIM and his dozen kids!!).Tsk tsk....pity such thoughts!!

but to each his own...no offense intended.
Old December 9th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by cool_jazzmin
I would respect a person for what he/she is ...
Exactly what I said. She too is respecting those people for what they are. They are her husbands parents.
Old December 9th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOO, Biggie!!!
Why should she respect someone for their connections to her hubby???She should...but not beyod a limit.

That way...shouldn't they love her and treat her well because she is their son's wife??They aren't doing their part...so why should she?
Old December 9th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

Jazz...i am not saying that she SHOULD.

I am saying, that is probably the reason why she is carrying on. Ofcourse, beyond a certain point, respect et al go for a toss. Shit-taking ability of a person has it's limits.
Old December 9th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
I don't think this lady is standing up for herself. Why does she want to stay with a man who obviously doesn't care about her?

I agree that the hubby is a spineless a-hole but its partly her fault that she is in such a situation. Maybe she should turn into one of those Bit(hy Daughters-in-law and teach her sasu ma a lesson.