eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old April 18th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Why is moon not round?

Well I asked this question after my daugher said "appa see... moon uncle". Dear moon is supposed to be round.. it is not round today why?

(well for her moon is moon uncle and sun is sun uncle). Today as you can see is not a full moon night.

This was her explanation.. "I went to miss indy's class and then cried for a chocklate. and then I went to sabji mandi and then appaji took me home and he carried me home. I also watched barney and sherek and I did not watch snowwhite thats why it is angry on me and not round."

Sounds suspiciosly similar to Dhurru's explanation of big bang in religious books or its speed of light explanation no?
Old April 18th, 2002, 10:18 PM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
if u're talking abt. phases of moon then herez the answer

The Moon appears to go through phases. In other words, the amount of the Moon that we can see changes over time in a cyclic period that repeats itself approximately once a month. (The actual period of this cycle is approximately 29.5 Earth days.) The cause of these phases is the relative positions of the Sun, Earth, and Moon.The reason that we do not always see a Moon which is half lit is because of our position relative to the Moon and the Sun. As the Moon moves in its orbit, different portions of it appear (to us!) to be lit up as we look at it from Earth. This is why we see lunar phases.

btw gpel pai..do lemme knoe, in exact words, how u explained the concept of "phases of moon" to our "little angel" in her own world of words like 'moon uncle, sun uncle n other chuweet words"

i still rem'ber when u posted that thread -these 2 n 3's" wherein u quoted an incident wherein ur darling pointed towards an empty hanger and says "where is that dress" ..i couldnt help myself ROFAL

Last edited by vyomkeshsaxena; April 19th, 2002 at 06:35 AM.