eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old July 12th, 2004, 05:17 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute
H1 Filing Question

I got in touch with a recruiter which was a reference from my friend ..

I told her I have already finished my OPT and hence cannot really start working immediately . She said to me like no problem we can apply for an H1 for you and during this time find a project for you .. and that i shld forward my resume to her ..

Now I have a lot of questions here ..

Can she file an H1 without a project ?

What will happen if my approval is declined ? does my F1 status gets nullified in the process too ..

If approved .. again does that mean i have H1 visa .. and my F1 has been nullified ..?

The big question . Just getting approval means i can start working from Oct 1 or i have to wait till i have the H1 .

I am not sure wat to do here . I mean i have a F1 .. at this time .. I dont want to fall in a mess ..

Advice ... needed
Old July 12th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Are you on a new F1 now?
Old July 12th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
if you have already finished your 1year on OPT status,aintchya outta status?
Old July 12th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Why dont you go and ask OISS of your University ... I know that they are as much confused as you are ... but then still its better to get the info from the concerned authorities ...

Jaha tak mujhe lagta hai ... If you get an H1, then you can start working rite away ... par phir bhi confirm kar lena achha hota hai jai-paaji
Old July 12th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Can she file an H1 without a project ?
Yes. She can. Coz they hire you as their employee and it is not relevant whether you have a project or not as long as you are getting paid.

What will happen if my approval is declined ? does my F1 status gets nullified in the process too ..
No, your F1 will continue to stay. And most of the times, your H1 approval is not declined. Maybe an enquiry might come that's it. But yeah stamping might be declined for various reasons.

If approved .. again does that mean i have H1 visa .. and my F1 has been nullified ..?
Yeah. Once approved, you cannot be on F1. You can start working using your approval. However, you cannot enter the US if you plan to travel abroad and for that you will need to get your visa stamped (for reentry that is).

The big question . Just getting approval means i can start working from Oct 1 or i have to wait till i have the H1 .
You can start working from Oct1 using your approval.

I am not sure wat to do here . I mean i have a F1 .. at this time .. I dont want to fall in a mess ..
I presume you have used up your OPT and have gotten a fresh admission for PhD or another Masters. If you made that decision out of interest, then continue with it coz u will get another year of OPT. O/w you can just go ahead and get your H1 done. The market is pretty good as such these days. However, do double check the guy ur dealing with.