eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

View Poll Results: do oyu think partition was a mistake & should we reunite?
yes it was & we should 4 40.00%
yes it was, but can't reunite 2 20.00%
no it was not. and can't reunite 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 30th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Junior eCharchan

santasingh_in will become famous soon enoughsantasingh_in will become famous soon enough
do you think partition was a mistake

well after some thought i have come to a conclusion that partition was a mistake. imagine the mighty strength united india would have been if not had been it for pakistan formation.
the nuclear power we would have been. what a formidable cricket team we would have been..... with likes of sachin coming together with waqar & wasim. besides the huge amount of expense on defense would have been saved. which could have been put towards development.

tell me what do you think about this? should we reunite?
Old May 30th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant futureRana has a brilliant future
Sooner or later..

Sooner or later it had to happen. I am disgusted by the fact that partition was a surgery that gone bad. Muslims in any part of the world do not like to be governed by a government which has people of other faith.

Even today, look at major problems around the world and if not all of them in at least most of them you will find them involved. Whether it be Mecadonia or Phillipines. They want a piece of their own.

Coming back to the pole. I think it was the right decision. But as always we do not know how to implement ?
Old May 30th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Now before you flame me for being religiously insensitive

please read the history carefully.

At that time bums like Jinnah were riling up people purely based on religion. Jinnah made this huge cry about a 'Pak' land... His demand was to found a country for Muslims.. he did not care about HIndus, Sikhs, Christians, Parsis at that time...

The gullible lot fell for it and decided to move to Pakistan.. in a way good riddance!

I am sure the Muslims who stayed back were really Indian at heart and wanted to live in India in harmony with HIndus, Sikhs, Christians, Parsis, .....

Good that the bums are now across the border.
Old May 30th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
It was a mistake the way it happened. If it had to happen, there were better ways to do it. But alas.. anyways.. now that it has happened, we are now rid of the cancerous part of India.. now its time to totally wipe it off.. I know there are a few good paki muslims but still a few good cells in a group of majority of cancerous ones get destroyed when radiation therapy is applied.. its a sad truth but an unavoidable one.
Old May 30th, 2002, 05:56 PM
AssMan

Fei is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
It was a mistake the way it happened. If it had to happen, there were better ways to do it. But alas.. anyways.. now that it has happened, we are now rid of the cancerous part of India.. now its time to totally wipe it off.. I know there are a few good paki muslims but still a few good cells in a group of majority of cancerous ones get destroyed when radiation therapy is applied.. its a sad truth but an unavoidable one.
this cancer is still eating us..
Old May 31st, 2002, 01:31 PM
Junior eCharchan

santasingh_in will become famous soon enoughsantasingh_in will become famous soon enough
i believe that it was a mistake. it was aresult of Jinnah's quest for revenge. in the begining he was a nationalist, working hard for the hindu and muslim unity. he was apart of congress. then as the mighty of Gandhi grew after his return to india from south africa, he was side lined. he tried hard to regain his fame as the one working for the unity. he tried to suggest quite a few proposal towards this effort. when all failed.. he retired to london for a few days and returned with vengence to regain his leadership. and he started to work towards separating hindu and musilms as for as possible from each other. he thwarted every effort made by other learders to a compromise. everyone including the last viceroy tried to persuade him but he did not budge. and in the end he got what he wanted.
on formation of pakistan he wanted to build a democratic state where every one was equal, he wanted to make a secular state and not an islamic one. the minds of the people of pakistan are white washed by their leaders that islam is in danger in india.
Old May 31st, 2002, 02:32 PM
Banned

SlyBoots is on a distinguished road
Sanp chalaa gaya aur echarcha vaale baith ke lakir peet rahein hain
Old June 1st, 2002, 07:29 AM
A Pakistani eCharchan

khanbaba is on a distinguished road
yes, it was sort of mistake... in case of kashmir.

the fate of kashmir should have been decided same time, so the both nation could live peacefully.
Old June 1st, 2002, 07:56 AM
Junior eCharchan

pathik is on a distinguished road
Given the level of Islamic fanatism in Pakistan, I certainly think that partition was NOT a mistake. We already have our share of Hindu fanatics and saw what hell they can do in Gujrat. I think we are lucky that on top of it we don't have a few extra crores of blood-thirsty Muslim jihadis within our border.

Partition was OK. And I don't have even an atom of a desire to reunite with the Pakistanis or call them my brothers. Let them do whatever they want within their country.

But I agree with Khan that the Kashmir issue should have solved at that time itself. We shouldn't have dragged our past so long.
Old June 5th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Junior eCharchan

Genius_Genius is on a distinguished road
It wasn't a mistake!

Indian cricket team has been refusing to play cricket with Pakistani team.Sachin Tendulkar isn't allowed to face the beautiful balls of Wasim & Waqar.Think about it first!
Jinnah was a supporter of Muslim Hindu unity when he was a congress member.But the voices of "HINDU JAL" & "MUSLIM JAL" compelled him to think about a seperate homeland.These voices were a routine on the railway stations.Hindus didn't use to take water from that well which was used by the Muslims.They believed that it'll spoil(BHARSHT) their water.It was the reality which forced the Muslims to get seperated.
The Muslims who were stayed back there are surely repenting now especially of Gujrat & Ahmedabad.they are mercilessly killed;raped & kidnapped just like in Kashmir.
The case of Kashmir isn't different too.In Pakistani Kashmir the political,economical & social scenario is cool & calm but in Indian Occupied Kashmir the 80,000 muslims have been killed;40,000 women have been raped & 1 lakh children & old citizens are made handicaped by Indian army.It's Amnesty International's athentic report.
No doubt!There are good Pakistanis who never ban you on their sites even you go & abuse the Pakistanis there.The one example is www.pakistani.com where the Indians are really FREE to discuss everything & their freedom of language just depicts the whole nation's mental level.I hope that there are also some good Indians who will pay attention to the facts & the figures.
Old June 5th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Wannabe Mogambo

kameena is on a distinguished road
Re: It wasn't a mistake!

Quote:
Originally posted by Genius_Genius
[No doubt!There are good Pakistanis who never ban you on their sites even you go & abuse the Pakistanis there.The one example is www.pakistani.com where the Indians are really FREE to discuss everything & their freedom of language just depicts the whole nation's mental level.I hope that there are also some good Indians who will pay attention to the facts & the figures.
Ever been to pakdef.com or pakmilitary.com. You will know what happens there.
Old June 5th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

SimpleHuman will become famous soon enough
The problem with both ind and pak is what a single person says rest has to follow no matter how much intillectual you are but you just have to take the orders unconditinally.

I was not even got brith at the time of partition nor can imagine what must have happend at that time but for sure if given chance at individual level majority would have not opted for partition!

For me this was a freestyle match between Nehru and Jinnah... and poor gandhi was a powerless refree...

The result: Both lost and Both win! these two bums enjoyed rest of there lifes and brough troubles to scores of people and we still not over with it

Last week in canada defence minister got fired coz of some 34k contract favour scandal... Aur hamare netao ko dekho... dakar tak nahi maarte

---Not Me!
Old June 6th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Junior eCharchan

Yeah!

I've been there & remember that the banned members were talking about what?
They were crossing all the limits of ethics & moralities.
Old June 6th, 2002, 05:59 AM
Junior eCharchan

See it

It'll really show that partition was a mistake or not?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2002Jun2.html
The facts speak!