eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old November 30th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
The Yin & the Yang, Maintaining the Inner Balance: No Water, No Moon: Is that so?

I have this interesting article to share with you ... enjoy!

----------------------------------

IN MISERY, IN HAPPINESS, the sage remains the same. Respected, insulted, the sage remains the same. In life, in death, the sage remains the same. He again simply said the same three words: "Is that so?" Again noncommittal, again not committing himself to anything, not saying anything, simply accepting a fact: "If that is so, okay."

This is the consciousness of purity. WHATSOEVER LIFE BRINGS, WELCOME IT. If it brings misery and insult -- accept it, welcome it. If it brings honor, happiness -- welcome it, accept it. And don't make any distinction between the two. If you differentiate, your balance is lost, and the balance is the purity.

When you are balanced, you are a sage. When the balance is lost, you are lost, you have become a sinner. Sin is not something that you do, sin is something that happens within you when the balance is lost. It is not an act, it is an inner balance.

It is what Mahavira has called SAMYAKTVA - inner balance; neither this nor that, what the Upanishads have called NETI, NETI - not this, not that. Just in between -- neither moving to this, nor moving to that -- because if you move, even a slight movement which nobody can detect except you....

Remember this: nobody can detect your inner balance. Only you can detect it, it is so subtle! But even a slight movement and you are no more at peace, you are no more at home, you have lost the divine. Because what does a slight leaning mean? It means you have chosen. It means a distinction is made. It means you have said this is good, that is bad. It means expectation has come in. It means desire has sprouted. It means now you are motivated... .

A sage lives in this world amidst you as if he is living in a dream. You are shadows. He lives amidst you just as if he is enacting a part, he is not involved. He is there, but not in it -- he remains an outsider. And if you can remain an outsider, then sooner or later you will come to realize: no water, no moon. Because when you get involved, water is created; then you live with the reflection, then you cannot move to the real, then you live with the unreal.

Your attachment creates the delusion. The delusion is not there outside you, the maya is not there outside you. It is within you, in your attitudes: attached, choosing, for this, against that, making distinctions, like and dislike. It is in you. You create your illusion and then you live in it, then you are clouded by it. In that clouded state you can see only the reflection, you can never see the real moon.

This Hakuin remained balanced. Whatsoever happened outside didn't affect the inside at all. The inside remained balanced -- no waves, no vibrations of the outside entered. He remained silent as if it was a dream. And whatsoever came, he accepted it. He didn't become a doer, a karta, he remained a witness.

These three words, "Is that so?" belong to the witnessing soul; not making any judgment, simply saying, "Is that so?" And this is all that was inside him, "Is that so? If it is so, okay."

A sage okays everything that happens, he has no choice. And when there is no choice, there is no water. No water -- reflection disappears, maya disappears -- no moon.

OSHO
No Water, No Moon
Ch #3: Is that so?
Buddha Hall
Old November 30th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Yin & the Yang, Maintaining the Inner Balance: No Water, No Moon: Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai
I have this interesting article to share with you ... enjoy!
Dhurkuin says: Is that so?
Old November 30th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Yin & the Yang, Maintaining the Inner Balance: No Water, No Moon: Is that so?

Well, is that so?

EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD has its own place and has its own dignity. By your judgment you are destroying the dignity of someone, you are interfering in somebody's territory.

A MAN WHO IS FULL OF JUDGMENT BECOMES UGLY, BECOMES UNBEARABLE. A man without judgment is always welcomed by everyone because he will never interfere in your territory; he will never trespass your spirituality and your dignity.

You are free to choose but you are not free not to choose. And that's what I am teaching you: don't choose. Explore, discover, don't decide before you have realized. And realization, liberation, freedom, will give you an insight into everything. You will feel compassionate and loving to the whole life that surrounds you, nonjudgmental.

THIS IS THE TROUBLE: PEOPLE JUDGE OTHERS AND THEY JUDGE THEMSELVES TOO. When they judge themselves they feel guilty; when they judge others they take people's dignity and honor. THIS JUDGMENTAL MIND IS A DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD: IT CUTS YOU, IT CUTS OTHERS. It has destroyed the whole humanity.

Drop this judgmental mind, and with this judgmental mind you will drop all your religions, all your moralities. You will become an innocent child, rejoicing in everybody and his uniqueness.

OSHO
I Celebrate Myself: God Is No Where, Life Is Now Here
Ch #3: The paradise of yourself
Gautam the Buddha Auditorium
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Yes today is the 30th and a friday to boot - the pay roll direct deposit has been made to the bank (i checked twice allready).. i have money in the account..(if only for a few days before the mortgage waale, caarwaale, insurance waale, electricity waale, cellphone waale, paani waale and the rest of the people who benefit from me working - rape and pillage the account and reduce it to nothing)

what has come will be gone in no time.. they have given me a plastic card at the bank - this is my concept of money - i rarely see it these days.. they depositeth and they taketh, i am just a mediator with a plastic card which i use - i show up to do my karma every maarning and on the 15th and the 30th duly check my bank account.

i'm chained to the plastic..

aah the plastic card i swish it and beer appears, i swish it again and somebody makes masala dosa for me.. my car is washed, my clothes are cleaned.. and once upon a time when i was free (melly pai can tell you a great deal abt this one) it even let me stuff some paper on the gstrings of entertainment workers.

and it works like clockwork - monday thru friday i am caged; from dawn to dusk i peer at a screen, they allow short breaks for urination... and ofcourse escapist romps on the WWW. every morning i dream of the evening, every day i think of friday. the 15th and the 30th - important dates - the power replenishment for the card..

the plastic even controls my moods.. i feel happy when the card tells me it's seemingly full and depressed when it tells me that it no longer has the ability to buy me even a pack of gum..

i feel at peace, there is money in the bank, the plastic is all powerful again.. i see the yin, i feel the yang - there is water, the moon, piss and beer - all is well with the world..

yes landya bhai - i see your paaint perfectly - it must be so..
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino
Yes today is the 30th and a friday to boot - the pay roll direct deposit has been made to the bank (i checked twice allready).. i have money in the account..(if only for a few days before the mortgage waale, caarwaale, insurance waale, electricity waale, cellphone waale, paani waale and the rest of the people who benefit from me working - rape and pillage the account and reduce it to nothing)

what has come will be gone in no time.. they have given me a plastic card at the bank - this is my concept of money - i rarely see it these days.. they depositeth and they taketh, i am just a mediator with a plastic card which i use - i show up to do my karma every maarning and on the 15th and the 30th duly check my bank account.

i'm chained to the plastic..

aah the plastic card i swish it and beer appears, i swish it again and somebody makes masala dosa for me.. my car is washed, my clothes are cleaned.. and once upon a time when i was free (melly pai can tell you a great deal abt this one) it even let me stuff some paper on the gstrings of entertainment workers.

and it works like clockwork - monday thru friday i am caged; from dawn to dusk i peer at a screen, they allow short breaks for urination... and ofcourse escapist romps on the WWW. every morning i dream of the evening, every day i think of friday. the 15th and the 30th - important dates - the power replenishment for the card..

the plastic even controls my moods.. i feel happy when the card tells me it's seemingly full and depressed when it tells me that it no longer has the ability to buy me even a pack of gum..

i feel at peace, there is money in the bank, the plastic is all powerful again.. i see the yin, i feel the yang - there is water, the moon, piss and beer - all is well with the world..

yes landya bhai - i see your paaint perfectly - it must be so..

Good way of expressing your view! repped ya!
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Proud LLKC member

Amtha, and others,

I am deleting posts that relate to orgy, laal mirch etc ... you guys are very much creative enough and proceed with it in laal mirch

Thanks!

Tumhara LandYA
Old November 30th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Amtha, and others,

I am deleting posts that relate to orgy, laal mirch etc ... you guys are very much creative enough and proceed with it in laal mirch

Thanks!

Tumhara LandYA

Abhi mai kuchh bolega tow gudadwaar mai mrchi lagegi.

Achha hai....achha hai. Taking advatage of being a Mod.

If your thread get derailed....karlo safaaeee.

Dusro kaa thread derail hota hai, hone do.
Old November 30th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal

poocho mat amtha bhai...ghor kalyug aagaya hai
Old November 30th, 2007, 01:29 PM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna
poocho mat amtha bhai...ghor kalyug aagaya hai
ghanghor andhera chaya hai.....waah waah....

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old November 30th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg

Abe female version of Naarad Muni....waah waah kyu kar rahi hai aap?

Chalo sab milkar Modz kee taanashahi pe morchaa kare.
Old November 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg
isi baat par arz kiya hai dolly ben...mulaizaa farmaaiye...

saat rang
saat sur
saat akshar

saat rang
saat sur
saat akshar

saat ranggggggggggggg
saat surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
saat aksharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oops yeh toh nau akshar hogaya adjust karlo koi nahi
Old November 30th, 2007, 01:34 PM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

amtha main yeda ke comment ke saath rhyming pe waah waah kar rahi thi

Old November 30th, 2007, 01:36 PM
IDLE Treasurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna
isi baat par arz kiya hai dolly ben...mulaizaa farmaaiye...

saat rang
saat sur
saat akshar

saat rang
saat sur
saat akshar

saat ranggggggggggggg
saat surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
saat aksharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oops yeh toh nau akshar hogaya adjust karlo koi nahi
magarrrrrrrrrr
moderator to hote hai nau akshar

nau rang
nau sur
nau akshar

nau rang
nau sur
nau akshar

nau rangggg
nau surrrrrrrrrrrr
nau aksharrrrrrrrrrr

moderator!

Old November 30th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal

I dont understand, Amtha, please tell me how do you think your photu related to this specific topic in the thread and to the general Spirituality/Philosophy forum.

And to top it off, you guys are derailing the thread!

I have suggested that you can put all this in a new thread or I can do it for you ... as it is I will have to clean later in the name of a moderator or whatever we call these persons ...
Old November 30th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

Quote:
I dont understand, Amtha, please tell me how do you think your photu related to this specific topic in the thread and to the general Spirituality/Philosophy forum.

And to top it off, you guys are derailing the thread!

I have suggested that you can put all this in a new thread or I can do it for you ... as it is I will have to clean later in the name of a moderator or whatever we call these persons ...
i think you missed smellyz post...

Ying Yang Yeda Yana...Now see the relation?