eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Music Your tune...

Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:42 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute
Best of A. R. Rahman Collection

In reply to Badri jee's challenge I posted some of the Rahman compostion that I like here: http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=29

As promised, I was going to post some more. Then I thought of making it into an all time Rehman's best collection, wherein others can post their favorite Rahman songs as well.

copy paste from other thread:

I know you're just riling me up but for the argument's sake I'll accept the challenge. I assure you(I know that you know better but still) that by the end of it you'll accept that Rehman arranges music as good as if not better(despite the technology) than both the Burmans and LP.

His chorus is so good that you can compare it to Orff's Carmina Burana or Mansell's Lux Aterena. You can easily put him into the catefory of world class film music directors like Zimmer or Mancini or Morricone.

I'll present here the 10 of his compositions that I like(in no particular order) and let you chew on them and then will present 10 more. So put on your headphone or connect your laptop to good speakers.

Others can skip this post, this is esp for Badri jee.

1. Bombay Theme

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

2. Swades Theme

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

3. Lagaan Theme

I AGREE

4. Jeans Theme
I AGREE

5. Duet Theme

I AGREE

6. Dil Hai Chhota sa

I AGREE

7. Kehna hi kya

I AGREE

8. Thoda Thoda

I AGREE

9. Kannukku Mai Azhagu

I AGREE

10. Anbe Vaa

I AGREE

TBC....

Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:23 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best of A. R. Rahman Collection

Badrijee, While you like to listen to the great composers like Bhappi Lhori and Pritom Dada and original voices like Kumar Sannu and Shubeer Kumara, some of prefer posers and one fluke wonders.

As promised, I'm posting 10 more of Rahman's compositions. By no means, these are my only Rahman favorite and not top 20 either, it is just an effort to present some of his works here.

Aye Hairat-e-aashiqui

I AGREE

O Paalanhare

I AGREE

Anjali Anjali

I AGREE

Nettru Illatha

I AGREE

Nahin Saamne

I AGREE

Titli Daboch li

I AGREE

Meharban-Ada

I AGREE

Dil se re...

I AGREE

Lukka chuppi

I AGREE

Finally an ode to Namitha : Nee Marlyn Monroe

I AGREE

Old September 5th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread Chitrala. I hope you wouldn't mind if I add my favorite songs by Rahman too in your collection. I specially learnt to add youtube links for this . I think most of them are re-made into Hindi; so more than likely you must have heard all these below songs.

Puthy Vellai Mazhai: Roja

I AGREE

Chikkupakku Railey: Gentleman:

I AGREE

Telepho mani: Indian

I AGREE

Sunta hein mera khuda: Pukar

I AGREE

Snegithane: Alaipaayuthe

I AGREE

Badal vo Aaye: Yuva

I AGREE

Jaage hein der thak: Guru

I AGREE

Kabhi Kabhi: jaane tu ya jaane na

I AGREE

Masakali: Delhi 6

I AGREE

Jai Ho concert is coming to Toronto end of this month. cant wait to see his live concert!
Old September 5th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Clown Prince

Thanks Rakhi, you can contribute more, esp. the songs you find great but are not that popular.

Old September 5th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

forgot the best one from rehman

Margazhi poove song from May Madham

I AGREE

Mel Isaiyae song from Mr Romeo

I AGREE

Romeo Attam Potta from the same movie

I AGREE
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.

Last edited by BABU_HYDERABADI; September 5th, 2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old September 5th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Clown Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
forgot the best one from rehman

Margazhi poove song from May Madham

Mel Isaiyae song from Mr Romeo

Romeo Attam Potta from the same movie

Nice ones Babu...
I had hardly heard any south indian movie songs before coming to US... My first roomies here were Tamils and I remember we used to go for long drives in the late night/early morning and he used to play Mel isaiye, Margazhi poove, Nee Marilyn and some kakka Kakka songs. It is very nostalgic to hear these songs, it transports me to my early days in US, was an unsure, misfit guy... Man!! how time flies!

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Clown Prince

Paging Badriprasadam of PATNA, Bihar.....

Whatever happened to your challenge Badripursadam?? hayn.
still busy listening to Bhappi Lahori's immortal songs in the voice of Kumar Sannu??

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Orijinally d Dooplikate!!

Metafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond repute

Rasathi from Thiruda Thiruda

I AGREE

Old September 6th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

I love songs in this movie but its filled with poetry and I cannot make out the complete meaning. But I love this song.

Kandukondain Kandukondain: Konjam Mainnakkale...

I AGREE
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafours View Post
Rasathi from Thiruda Thiruda

I AGREE
u forgot the main song from that movie - Chandralekha

I AGREE

another one that i like from the same movie - Thee Thee

I AGREE
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old September 6th, 2010, 06:05 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Babu garu.. All the Songs from Thiruda Thiruda are reat...Probably the peak of ARR.
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Best of A. R. Rahman Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Paging Badriprasadam of PATNA, Bihar.....

Whatever happened to your challenge Badripursadam?? hayn.
still busy listening to Bhappi Lahori's immortal songs in the voice of Kumar Sannu??
shriman badriprasadam ..should come here and give us an explanation about his view on rahman. your absence from this thread will only make you a typical north indian ass hole jealous of a south indian sambar's success

there were couple of more songs i like of Rahamn's from

Zubeida
1947 earth
Muthu
Padayappa
(sorry...too lazy to find you tube links and post)
if oscar's have been happening in india.....rahman would have been picking up most of the awards for last 1.5 decade or so

let me twist this little bit
badri ji ...most of his filums and music are hit unlike our cricketing 'GODS'

not ashamed to be IDLE !

Last edited by Indian; September 7th, 2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Dheemi Dheemi - 1947 Earth
I AGREE

Radha kaise na jale - Lagaan
I AGREE
Old September 7th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute

one more...
acham acham illai ....from Indira ..
this could have been a good CWG theme.
I AGREE

badri ji ..let GO the eGO....

urvasi ...from kadhalan
I AGREE

ennavale
I AGREE

my favourite
I AGREE

this is too much already ...badri ji ..

not ashamed to be IDLE !

Last edited by Indian; September 7th, 2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Indian eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Dheemi Dheemi - 1947 Earth
i like "ruth aa gayi re" from this movie
I AGREE

not ashamed to be IDLE !