eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 22nd, 2001, 12:14 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Physical attributes

play an important part in our lives.

A lot of people have either been ribbed because of being too skinny, too fat, too short or too dark (!!!).

The net of course is a great leveller!!

But what do you feel about this? Do people decide whom to talk with or be friends with based on physical attributes???

Mark Twain
Old June 22nd, 2001, 12:20 PM
Senior eCharchan

aryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to behold
Not if it is a platonic relationship.

otherwise.......what's the point in throwing a langaar at somebody whom you dislike..physically or mentally-either.
but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
Old June 22nd, 2001, 12:21 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Arya

I'm not sure I understand what that meant!

'langaar' ???

Mark Twain
Old June 22nd, 2001, 12:21 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
As long as they dress civilized, take a shower atleast once in 3 days and are not weird or crooked in their behavior or thinking I am cool with them.
Old June 22nd, 2001, 12:22 PM
Senior eCharchan

ManOfLaMancha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by aryaputra
Not if it is a platonic relationship.
What about male friends? I assume that you have platonic friendships with them. Apology if I'm mistaken.

Old June 22nd, 2001, 12:22 PM
Senior eCharchan

aryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to behold
Re: Arya

Quote:
Originally posted by videsee
I'm not sure I understand what that meant!

'langaar' ???

langaar means anchor aka hook
but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
Old June 22nd, 2001, 12:57 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

My question

was

Do people decide whom to talk with or be friends with based on physical attributes???

Platonic or otherwise!

Mark Twain
Old June 22nd, 2001, 12:59 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Oy hathaude.. vohi to bolaa.. agar admi 3 din me ek bari bhi nahi nahyega to mere naak ki to vaat lag jaayegi naa.. baaki chal dhal se civilized lagna chahiye aise nahi ki koi zoo me pinjra khula rah gayaa..
Old June 22nd, 2001, 01:03 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Re: My question

Quote:
Originally posted by videsee
was

Do people decide whom to talk with or be friends with based on physical attributes???

Platonic or otherwise!
To a large extent yes... this may sound superficial.. but this society is highly dependent on outward appearances..
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old June 22nd, 2001, 01:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
This might sound like big talk, but I really don't care. What I look for in a person is a sense of humor, optimism and an 'attitude'. Physical appearances hardly matter.. maybe in some exceptional cases it might, but by and large, I hardly care.

But yeah, my girl friend gotta have the looks.. (aadmi kutta hota hai, aadmi ki fitrat kutti hoti hai...ala salman khan in Biwi No.1 )
Old June 22nd, 2001, 01:08 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

Super G

behna.....Namashkaar!

The point I am trying to make is that, whilst what you say is quite true, do we lose out on a 'good friend' who may not be physically upto the mark?????

And then, the m$ll$on $ question!

Are we upto the mark?

(Just rambling thoughts on a Friday afternoon!)

Mark Twain
Old June 22nd, 2001, 01:15 PM
Pelu Pelu

Birthday me hum sab ke naam ek ek shot pee liye ho bhaiyaa.. is liye.. self introspection..

Mai roj nahata hoon.
Roj chadi baniyaan badaltaa hoon
Roj naye socks pahentaa hoon
Jute bilkul official pahantaa hoon
Vo scent vent bhi lagaa leta hoon
I carry a wallet (dont ask if it has money)
I also carry a brief case to look important even though it is empty.

jab mere ko khud chubne lagti hai to daadi bana letaa hoon. (Some times my kid refuses to give me a kiss on my cheeks so that may prompt me to shave earlier)

Ache dryclean kapade pahantaa hoon
(yaar bechari meri biwi itne mushkil se dry cleaners par mere kapde de kar le kar aati hai regularly.. kaise miss karoon.. naaraaj ho jayegi).

tuti phuti angreji bhi bol leta hoon.
aur kabhi kabhi cell phone par bahut important baten karne ka dramaa bhi kar deta hoon..

So now you tell me..... if I am up to the mark..
Old June 22nd, 2001, 01:27 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
hello bhaiyya....

on a deeper level it does not matter... because whether we talk to a person or not is also dependent on chemistry...

If a person is very good, but dresses shabbily and comes up to me on the road and introduces himself, then no I will probably not talk to him. BUT, if one of my friends or acquaintances introduce me to him, yes I'll definitely strike up a conversation. If that blossoms into something else is another matter altogether.

Similarly if a very well dressed person comes up to me out of the blue to talk to me, but I do not get the right vibes I will still not talk to him.

To give you an example, sometimes at a mall I bump into people who just give the nerves... no matter how they dress or how they look.. but it is the vibes... Guys/gals have cut me in lines and I have gotten so pissed off that I could have scratched their eyes out.

I'm a believer of fate and pheromones when it comes to relationship... and yes charm... the charisma...

Call it a woman's intuition, but I haven't been proved wrong in this sector till now...

About missing out on something, normally we have friends that share the same outlook in life.. to me dressing the way you do also represents your outlook to life.. you need not be well (expensively)dressed, but presentable? Most certainly you do...
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American

Last edited by Super Girl; June 22nd, 2001 at 01:29 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2001, 01:33 PM
eWoman

Sheena is on a distinguished road
Hey its not depends on looks ,its totally depend up on the nature of a person,If he /she is having a good optimisum,humour,and above of respect of others feelings,so whats the problem to be a friend.
Old June 22nd, 2001, 01:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Super Sis... yer PM inbox overfloweth with pms... kindly delete a few.