eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old July 7th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Banned

barbaad admi2 can only hope to improve
Brain surgeon or Psychiatrist: What do I need?

I had originally registered as barbaad admi. I didn't recieve activation mail. As I wanted it urgently I registered again.

Imagine the circumstances. A youngster realizes he is suffering from an psychiatric or brain disease. This undiscovered disease has ruined his professional career and personal life to such an extent that the only interest and purpose of his life is to bring this disease to the notice of medical fraternity. Everyday is a hell

It is doctors who have forced him to think it must be something undiscovered. Let me explain the wickedness of the doctors. I don’t expect competence or high caliber. Just sincerity. The least psychiatrists should do is listen.

The boy consults four different psychiatric clinics on his own. After a few visits he takes his father along. The psychiatrists get extremely irritated and asks his compunder (assistant), “kya ho gaya hai isko? kyon ajata hai bar bar?”

For 3.5 years the boy had taken doctor’s words (misdiagnosis) at face value. Then he realizes while he is suffering, while he is “dying”, psychiatrists talk about everything in the world but don’t utter a single word about what happens in his case and how a patient feels in this particular case etc. They just fit him in some universal disease and dispose off the case.

Remember how in the Bosnian movie ‘No Man’s Land’ what the UN does or in the movie Sarfarosh how the police treats Aamir Khan when he enquires about his missing father.

More frustration as the parents of this patient are convinced that it is all boy’s fault for not doing his part, not doing his duty, not doing his responsibility. They believe it’s just a bit of stress which can be overcome by you know, recreation, discipline, regular studies, exercise etc.

The state he lives in is very backward so even the state’s premier medical institutions will be insensitive. I will start another thread on how the state’s backwardness affects the problem. I wanted the MRI of brain. But I am afraid the state’s incompetent doctors might read the MRI wrongly. The opportunity of this expensive test might get wasted.

Unintended wickedness of some doctors. Look how some doctors are unintentionally wicked. One psychiatrist gets fascinated by this unique case, shows whole-hearted sincerity, best of intentions, talks politely, jots down voraciously and even keeps a copy of my hand written description. But due to his lack of caliber doesn’t really understand the illness. Agar aise psychiatrist ‘Bhool Bhulaiya’ movie main hote tou problem solve karne ke bajaye they would have put the wrong person, the healthy Radha (Amisha Patel) into mental asylum. Many people here become doctors only because Medical Council of India is corrupt. Doosre state may bhi corrupt hote honge par gobar aur kahi pe nahi hote honge.

Iss kamine state ke wajah se mere maa-baap mere dushman ban gaye hai. Mujhe nalayak samajhke har roz pareshaan karte hai. You know the kind of nagging that can drive one to suicide.

Due to some reason I cannot go outside the state. It’s a case of pehle murgi hua ki andaa? Since I am having problem I cannot go outside the state and since I cannot go outside the state I cannot be treated. The only hope is to search scientists on internet.

And there is also the question of whether to switch to brain doctors (on internet of course). I have given up hope of cure. What I want is no-fault-certificate to show it to my parents and then I can die peacefully. One cannot carry on in life with this handicap.

Some institutions, some organizations, like say Indian Police, United Nations, ICC referees and umpires, IHF, Medical Council of India, Indian courts, files not moving in clerical offices of government, Indian InfoTech industry (India calls itself IT hub when all it does is simple, lowly tasks in the field), majority of IITs (for all its reputation the innovation happening there is zero) etc become defunct due to lack of sincerity or lack of talent.
What is the English terminology for such 'phenomenon of powerful authorities doing nothing to fulfill there duties despite having means?

I forgot to mention the these doctors are perhaps bad listeners.

Last edited by barbaad admi2; November 20th, 2008 at 05:35 AM. Reason: change of title
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My Introduction

Could you pls elaborate on your symptoms?

Last edited by YedaAnna; July 7th, 2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

hi BA...

after a long time i gathered courage to read such a long post...anyways here are my 2 cents

1. If you think MRI is needed then go for it. Atleast you will have films. You can get multiple opinions from radiologists/psychiatrists/neurophysicians by showing them films. Also keep your other tests like EEG/EMG etc handy to take multiple opinions so that you can be convinced that you are getting proper treatment. Learn to trust doctors abilities and expertise who are trying to help you. They are trying their best and its your duty to be patient and postive and show your faith in them.

2.please refer to this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochondria

3.If you want you can get in touch with NIMHANS people (link:http://www.nimhans.kar.nic.in/)...i am assuming you stay in India. Contact them with your condition suppoerted by medical documents and if they find it a genuine case of psychiatry then you can convince your parents to get you treated from this place free of cost/nominal charges.

4.Stop worrying and start living. Take up any book on medicine etc and you will be amazed to see that there are no serious brain diseases that can linger for more than 3 years without fatality.

5. Judging by the coherence of your thoughts....proper usage of english language...reasoning...duration of your condition...It doesnt point to any serious psychiatric problem because without proper treatment...pychiatric problems go from bad to worse...but you look quite balanced.

6.The very fact that a person who is in a position to judge his condition being a sychiatric one is enough to suggest extremely high level of stress/anxiety and depression. Before you seek any treatment you need to come out of these conditions. Please refer back to point#2 again.

7. Please visit people dealing with hypnosis/meditation etc because before you go for any type of treatment you need to have a very positive, calm and composed mind. Your parents are quite right when they said that you need to divert your mind. See sweety...dont think medication can alone treat diseases...without a positive mindset and active lifestyle...there is no cure to any god-damn disease in this world.
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomkeshsaxena
hi BA...

after a long time i gathered courage to read such a long post...anyways here are my 2 cents
do you have courage to listen the symptoms?
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaad admi2
do you have courage to listen the symptoms?
go ahead....would love to listen and help you out if it is in my capacity...

before that...did you read my post entirely and the links i gave you?
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Banned

Moderator,
I need all the help I can get. So I tried editing the title to make it attractive. But the title has not changed. The new title that I desire is: Brain related scientist or psychiatrist: What do I need?
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

bhaiya pehle tu movie dekhna aur uske characters se apne ko associate karna band kar
Old July 9th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Moderator,
I need all the help I can get. So I tried editing the title to make it attractive. But the title has not changed. The new title that I desire is: Brain related scientist or psychiatrist: What do I need?
u dint answer my reply...

we need to know your symptoms before we can say anything....
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:37 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: My Introduction

Quote:
go ahead....would love to listen and help you out if it is in my capacity...

Saxena Sahib ... in your capacity as what? Please think carefully.
B. Admi2 ... this is most important for you to know. This site eCharcha.com is all entertainment ... repeat: entertainment ... fun, jokes, info-tainment place for member's time-pass. Most serious of the topics are handled in a too light a manner to be of any consequence.

You are at a wrong place if you think and are in need of serious help.

But, you are at right place if you want to get over depression and have some fun with equally depressed people.

I do agree with you ... internet has empowered the patients with knowledge to question the medical profession. A good thing. Unlike not long ago when all that a poor sufferer could do was to walk into nearest medical book store and go through the pages of PIM to check the condition and medications prescribed.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Banned

Question Re: My Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
B. Admi2 ... this is most important for you to know. This site eCharcha.com is all entertainment ... repeat: entertainment ... fun, jokes, info-tainment place for member's time-pass. Most serious of the topics are handled in a too light a manner to be of any consequence.

But, you are at right place if you want to get over depression and have some fun with equally depressed people.

I do agree with you ... internet has empowered the patients with knowledge to question the medical profession. A good thing. Unlike not long ago when all that a poor sufferer could do was to walk into nearest medical book store and go through the pages of PIM to check the condition and medications prescribed.
How do I get around the formidable obstacles with this mentioned contsraints? Agar doctors sahi hote tou main kyun idhar ata? This state is like a jail. How do I seek treatment?

I thought some of the forum members or there relatives might be in medical proffession.

Last edited by barbaad admi2; July 10th, 2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old July 10th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
u dint answer my reply...

we need to know your symptoms before we can say anything....
I am preparing the description. It will take time. I access the internet at cyber cafes. I am going home for holidays. At home I don't go to Cyber cafe. After the college reopens I will post.
Old July 10th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi

yogiji...iem associated with a NGO who is into helping such people for the last 4 years....so to speak...i can ask officials there to help him out by contacting its branches/sister organistions in his state if i find this case genuine ...

and no..i dont think this site is all about entertainment....there have been many times in computing/life abroad forum wherein people have given advices/solutions which were of great help to members....
Old July 11th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
yogiji...iem associated with a NGO who is into helping such people for the last 4 years....so to speak...i can ask officials there to help him out by contacting its branches/sister organistions in his state if i find this case genuine ...

and no..i dont think this site is all about entertainment....there have been many times in computing/life abroad forum wherein people have given advices/solutions which were of great help to members....
What action can I take against local branch of MCI?
Some medical students graduate by homosexual casting couch with professors.
Old July 11th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, this case is genuine. Just be patient bcoz I don't get chance to net surf regularly. I am beginning to feel hopeful.

kya hua naa, maine apna Ram kahani indiatimes.com ke mail i.d. main save kiya thaa. us i.d. ko main bhool hi gaya. main apne rediff i.d. pe regularly log in karta thaa taki woh i.d. na use karne ke wajah se cancel na ho jaye.
phir parso-narso Ram kahani folder ko rediff i.d. main dhoondne lagaa tou mila nahi phir achanak yaad aya ki woh tou indiatimes i.d. main hai. iss shaher ke 80-85% cyber-cafes main had se jyaada virus rehta hai. isliye mera indiatimes i.d. khul hi nahi raha thaa. phir mere dost ke saheli ke ghar pe surf kiya tou mera i.d. open hua. phir jhat se rediff ko forward kiya taki phir woh problem na ho.

I need to refine it lest the frustrating cycle of misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis (happy with this phrasing?) is not repeated.
Old July 11th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
What action can I take against local branch of MCI?
Some medical students graduate by homosexual casting couch with professors.
Lets not talk about how students get their degrees

You can always file a case against doctors if

1. The quality of your life has deteriorated further after taking treatment
2. When the doctors refuse to divulge to the patient and family about the condition from which patient is suffering from
3. Medical neglect like wrong medication
4. wrong interpretation of lab tests

In above cases, you will have to produce evidence like doctor fee slips, prescriptions, medical records etc and also opinions from other registered medical practitioners who support your claim that the diagnosis and medication was wrong and that your condition has deteriorated after taking the treatment.

Please talk to your lawyers so that he can guide you properly if you are planning to sue authorities. Take advice from your parents too.

Last edited by vyomkeshsaxena; July 11th, 2008 at 10:30 AM.