eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old July 27th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Do you believe in "all accounts gets settled here in this life time?"

I was reading something and a statement stuck to my mind.

The gist was - All things, all scores, all accounts get settled in this life time. Not in the after life, not in the next birth, nothing. All happens here, all ends here.

Many folks believe in 'paap' (sins) and 'punya' (good deeds) and accrue good deeds to ensure a peaceful after life or next birth or a good end to life when the time comes.

What do you think? Have you thoiught on these lines? Do you think your account will be settled here on this Earth before you depart for your heavenly abode?

Last edited by echarcha; July 27th, 2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in "all accounts gets settled here in this life time?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha

The gist was - All things, all scores, all accounts get settled in this life time. Not in the after life, not in the next birth, nothing. All happens here, all ends here.

Many folks believe in 'paap' (sins) and 'punya' (good deeds) and accrue good deeds to ensure a peaceful after life or next birth or a good end to life when the time comes.

What do you think? Have you thoiught on these lines? Do you think your account will be settled here on this Earth before you depart for your heavenly abode?
Iff this were true....then we should not worry about terrorism being good or bad.....terrorists blow themselves up and take scores of people with them....those victims were just paying the price of their earthly deeds before leaving for the heavenly abode

Would you find this theory acceptable iff it were true?
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
Iff this were true....then we should not worry about terrorism being good or bad.....terrorists blow themselves up and take scores of people with them....those victims were just paying the price of their earthly deeds before leaving for the heavenly abode

Would you find this theory acceptable iff it were true?
I am not saying that this theory of all accounts being settled are true. I am just asking you if you believe in this personally.
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not saying that this theory of all accounts being settled are true. I am just asking you if you believe in this personally.
There is not enough data to prove either way....so its not worth believing
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of

Quote:

Good Question
... What our Vaishnav(hindu) Holy Scripture says about that
just imagine..we have too accounta in a special bank...

1st... Paap(sin)account
and other
2nd Punya(good karma) account
what we do good is deposited in our punya account(2nd)
and what we do bad..is depositted in our Paap account...

and these both accounts..are non ending accounts....

All Happiness in life comming from our 2nd account(punya acc)...
all sickness, dukh(problemas etc)..comming from our first account(paap)

it is very difficult(but may possible in limited qunt) to eliminate...one account.. by other

yaani ki ham pehle Paap karale...phir baad main punya karake...paap ke asar ko khatam nahi kar sakate...kam ho sakata hai"""??
jo paap kiya hai uska phal bhagutana padega....

eg God gave us Body..to..keep it clean/sinless...to..eat only veg food...but when we braek this rule..and start eat dirty things(meat..etc..which cause .suffer/pain to animals etc..)...it goes in our 1st account of sin...and it is fully possible that in next life we will get a body of lion..or pig or a Goat..who will be saughtered or bug,,etc..according to our karmas..
but it is also possible..if we realise that we did mistake..and improve our mistakes....we can eliminate(limited quat)..our bad karmas by good...it's depends on our will power(iksha shakti)

person who used to rape...or a women who cheat husband..or man cheat his wife....it is possible in next life he/she will get a body of a prostitute...

because God wants to fulfill our desires perfectly....Prostitutes's have much more sex than ordinary humanbeings....so she will get what she wanted in past life...full pereod

if we like to eat meat
than God will give us perfect body in next life(like dog , cat, lion tiger etc) to fullfiull our desires perfectly

according to our Karmas(acc to both accounts )

Last edited by max de Indiana; July 27th, 2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old July 28th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

main wooch bolu ki abhi tak max baba ne ghaspoos kaise nahi bola?

Max.. you really know how to weave in vegetarianism in any thread

Anyway, just teasing you.. I myself am on a veggie diet and I am up so late because the green leafy vegetable I had tonight (its called Shepu or Shapu in Marathi and looks like dill) was very tasty. But the problem is that while I was working, I got this sudden urge to crap and had to take a dump. Trust me, the whole restroom smells like a vegetable market (subji mandi)

I have sprayed a lot of deodorant and I hope tomorrow morning Shama is greeted with a boquet of flowers fragrance and not green green tatti smell
Old July 28th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

From my experiences in life so far, I do believe that whatever bad/good I do/have done in this life, I will reap/bear the benefits/consequences in this life itself.
Cannot elaborate on the deeds
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Anyway, just teasing you.. I myself am on a veggie diet and I am up so late because the green leafy vegetable I had tonight (its called Shepu or Shapu in Marathi and looks like dill) was very tasty. But the problem is that while I was working, I got this sudden urge to crap and had to take a dump. Trust me, the whole restroom smells like a vegetable market (subji mandi)

I have sprayed a lot of deodorant and I hope tomorrow morning Shama is greeted with a boquet of flowers fragrance and not green green tatti smell

Both of you are great... one gets in veggie stuff and the other shit...

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 28th, 2005, 08:11 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

To believe in something like this, there should be some rationality in it, right? If so, there is no such thing as "all accounts gets settled here in this life time?"... really it is beyond me why people want to take solace with such beliefs...

I think, it is just to keep, some control on sinning folks / repeat criminals...
Old July 28th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Maybe it is true. I have seen that some good deeds I did were returned to me within some time.. same with bad deeds. Though I dont believe completely in this theory as I have seen dirty rotten scoundrels get away with anything and not suffer a wee bit, I still feel that one should fear God's wrath before committing sins.
Old July 28th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Ruler of Middle Earth

compukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond repute

This mite be off track..but phir phi..Think of the concept of the movie " The Village". There a bunch of oldies got together and made certain rules so the village ppl retain all their innocence and never merge with the real bad world.

Now mebbe...thousands of centuries ago, our ancestors made all these Vedas and stuff in a similar way, as a guidleine for the then humans ( who i guess just eveolved frm bein cannibals and all)....to live a civil life...so that some ppl whose brains were more eveloved cud live a better life..compared to ones who didnt...and so that wuld mean that all this talk abt paap, punya which has been carried over for so long...is nothin...but just a bunch of crap...think abt it...u commit sins...then bath in a river to wash it off...
hmm.....I just think most of this stuff is man made...and been folowed dumbly over centuries....
think abt it this way....u cannot blame someone for exploitin or cheatin u....u can only blame urself for gettin cheated or exploited...

Last edited by compukid; July 28th, 2005 at 12:01 PM.
Old July 28th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe it is true. I have seen that some good deeds I did were returned to me within some time.. same with bad deeds. Though I dont believe completely in this theory as I have seen dirty rotten scoundrels get away with anything and not suffer a wee bit, I still feel that one should fear God's wrath before committing sins.
Isn't god itself a man-made theory? So why fear? Just go on committing sins. If you are lucky and wise you will do fine, else get trashed by others

Anyway, read compu's post, it makes a whole lot of sense and explains how religions came about into being what they are.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

both of u r obsessed with ur respective expertise

[b]kharchu...ek naya thread shuru karo on same lines with birthday thread....everyday post the color and texture of ur shit there....it will be a useful database for you
Old July 28th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of

Quote:

Anyway,

Being a True Hindu....it is my moral duty to spread Truth about hinduism
I proud being hindu
because we follows the principal.." LIVE & LET LIVE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorJR
From my experiences in life so far, I do believe that whatever bad/good I do/have done in this life, I will reap/bear the benefits/consequences in this life itself.
Cannot elaborate on the deeds

but this will not end here....life will continue after death...in a new form..
in a new body...and your present account of Paap & Punya...will continue in next life.....

some witnesses........

My Past Life as a Soldier

Richard Jones from Tenby thinks he was a soldier in a past life in the First World War ...

"This will probably sound odd but I think I have had a past life as a soldier in the First World War.
This started when I was young, about six, when I used to tell my mother about friends that had died. I often get flash backs of the war when I sleep or day dream. Things like the smell of cordite and quite disturbing scenes of corpses or the sound of artillery fire.
"One day I went to see a professional hypnotist , after a two hour session he established that I was a 21 year old soldier that had been in possibly the Battle of Cambari or Arras in 1917. I can remember some bits of it as if it was a dream, the most distinct one being hidden in a shell hole near the German lines, close enough to hear them talk.

"The hypnotist had to pull me out of the trance as I was apparently screaming and distressed. I am now going on a trip to the battle fields and have found out where my regiments war graves are posted - surprisingly enough, near to the village of Cambrai."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southwest.../soldier.shtml

Quote:
Originally Posted by compukid
This mite be off track..but phir phi..Think of the concept of the movie " The Village". There a bunch of oldies got together and made certain rules so the village ppl retain all their innocence and never merge with the real bad world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by compukid
Dost..you are too busy to understand such things..better .don,t waste your time

Last edited by max de Indiana; July 28th, 2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old July 28th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by max de Indiana

some witnesses........

My Past Life as a Soldier

Richard Jones from Tenby thinks he was a soldier in a past life in the First World War ...

[color=Blue]"This will probably sound odd but I think I have had a past life as a soldier in the First World War.
This started when I was young,

Kuchh aur logon ki Raay iss bare main
Emma Swansea
How can some of you are so narrow minded?
Who are we to say that past lives are an impossibility? Just a century ago you same people would have said flying was impossible. Personally I believe in past lives although I wouldn't dream of condeming anyone who doesn't after all nothing is impossible, we may not be advanced enough to understand it but that's not to say it can't be right, who knows one day we might be able to laugh at those who dismissed the possibility!

Katrin in Brecon

I don't want to sound sinical but with reference to the initial story: surely the thoughts about past lives have directly been influenced by the stories your mother told you.

Toni from Belfast

This may sound weird but I also beleive I have had a past life even though I'm only 13 I believe I was a young lady and I lived near cliffs. Each night I dream about those cliffs. See if you can get as far as I have.

David in Bristol

I think the most plausible explanation is that yes, we have all had past lives, many hundreds or even thousands of them, it's just that we can only ocassionally remember the previous or another particularly traumatic one - hence the World War 1 threads above. A bit like trying and failing to erase a cassette tape and record something else on it.

We all have lives where we are rich, poor, beautiful, ugly, man, woman, murderer, martyr... all the different experiences there are possible to have on the earth. Our souls incarnate in order to learn again, that we are of God, and by a process of emotional experience, we gradually come to remember our true inheritance - that we are spirit, and not really of the material realm, just here to learn from the karmic laws of the universe.

Interesting also is the idea of group souls, and how groups of people incarnate again together, in various relationships and situations, in order to work out the karma, or unfinished business, between them. What experiences do people have of 'instantly' knowing someone?

Danielle Hackman - Bury

Wow that's well cool my grandad told me he went through the same thing, so to me that's extremly weird...

Aireanna - Utah
I know how it feels ever since I was little I could tell and feel things from a past life. Sometimes when I smell or hear something I'll immedately remember it even though I've never heard or smelt it before. And I'm 13 and still remembering all these things.

Andrew Cartmell from north east England
I have to say after reading some of these posts I am very interested. I've been looking through the internet and after reading various posts and explanations something struck me.

There's 2 things I could link to a possible past life:
The first is I have had dreams and they're the same as normal, then out of nowhere I feel as though I'm physically falling for about 1 second.

When I wake up I immediately think I've fallen out of bed - when I check I'm still in and theres nothing to suggest I fell.

The second is that I'm drawn to a town called Whitby. I have no idea why but I feel really attached to this town, once when I got the train there and the abbey came into view I found myself saying im home, and it wasnt even on my mind so I have no idea where it came from. I definetly want to look more into this, now I need to find a hypnotist who does this in my area.

Mark Vincent - Haverfordwest

My wife can remember things that happened in Haverfordwest that even her mother (who has lived there all her life) cannot remember. When we researched them in he local library we found them to be true. It is unlikely my wife could have found out any other way.

Ashleigh from Michigan
I've always been interested in this kind of thing, but I feel as if I'm going against my religion (as a Christian), by wondering about this. Does anyone else feel that way?

Rupali
I think it is a blessing to find out who people were in the past life. I have heard my mother and aunt talking abut finding out who they were in a pastlife, and this summer hopefully I would like to find out by hyponotist.

David Morgan, Beaver County Pennsylvania USA
I must agree and do believe in every above post. As a young child I would describe in great detail of the Battle of Harlech to my Mother and Father. My Dad thought I was insane but later decided maybe I did indeed know what I was talking about. He went to the local library and found info on the Battle of Harlech in Wales. And some of my details were in the books Dad researched. I must admit that my Father and Mother's parent's were both born in Wales. I don't know if this is coincedental or not. But to this very day I can see the battle in my mind as if it were a movie. Cymru am byth!

Holly from America

All of my life I had wanted to go to Boston Mass. When I was 19 I went there with a friend. I rented a room in a boarding house that was built turn of the century (1899 - 1901). When I began walking up the stairs I told the woman who was showing me the way, that I knew the floor plan we were about to enter and explained it too her. She laughed and said, "Sorry you're totally wrong." I felt really stupid.

A few months later an old man, who had lived in this same house for many years mentioned that it had been gutted and renovated 30 years before. I asked him what the floor plan had been and it was exactly as I'd told the woman.

I had many experiences in Boston that led me to believe that I'd lived another life there. In fact, it was because of these experiences that I embraced the theory of reincarnation.

Lauren - Wales,Cardiff
I am only 12 but I think that people who have past lives are very lucky. I do believe people when they say that they have a past life because it is facinating.

When I was younger I used to have derams about things that I hadn't done but when I woke up I found that what I had dreamed about had came true. It may seam odd or weird but I think I have a "gift" because I still dream about it.

Tara
I also have a past life from World War I. Except I didn't have to research because I already knew who I was somehow. My name was Lee Johnson. I was killed by a bomb. Before the bomb hit I saw my best friend John die. I have been having these dreams since I was 5 and I still have them. I am only 15 but I believe that I truly was Lieutenant Johnson.

Michelle from Llanelli
I am a firm believer in life after death and am fascinated by people who can give a blow by blow account of their past lives.

Maria Williams from South Wales
I feel that I was a salesman and was murdered in the 15 hundreds.

Katrina, Llandeilo

I really believe in past lives even though I don't know if I have one ,I am very interested in hearing peoples stories about having them.

Elie McDonald
Every spirt is unique, and can not have multiple lives however there is the inheritance factor that you get from someone of your family, like the colour of your eyes etc... God created the human soul unique to everyone, once you leave this world, you go to another, but you don't come back here. This my opinion.

Rhys - Port Talbot
When I was very little, I always used to tell everyone that my name was 'Dai Jones' and I'd sit in a freezing wet hole all day and say men are trying to kill me. I found out when I was a young teenager that my Great-Grandad had been in the Royal Welsh Fusiliers and died in 1920 from a long term brian disease. No-one in my family used to talk about this until my uncle told me about him one day.

Peter in Trinidad
I was interested to read Richard Jones's account of regression therapy and the discovery that in a previous life he was a WW1 soldier. Past lives tie in with most of the world's major religions and I think many people are given hints about who they were in previous lives from dreams and deja vu experiences.

Without going into too much detail I have no doubt I was also a soldier who died in the Great War. From what I have been told I have been able to discover my name, rank and number, place of birth, have visited my grave in Le Treport, Normandy and have copies of my own birth and death certificates.

I used to be cynical of such things; my first degree was in biological science, my masters in behavioural psychology, neither subject is know for its other-worldliness. I met a person who, within one meeting, told me details of a past life that explained many dreams, childhood fears and feelings. All the research I have done since that meeting has confirmed every single detail I was told. Like Richard I was a soldier in Arras, was wounded in May 1917 and died of wounds two weeks later on my 21st. birthday.

One of these days I will write all this up, if nothing else the research makes a fascinating story.

Joanne from Neath
I don't think we can discount or prove past lives - it's one of those strange things the mind does. Whether it is actually remembering or putting 'memories' in place of it's own accord remains a mystery. I don't think there is anyone in a position to criticise people who experience this when they don't know how it works.

Elena from Llanelli
Just stumbled upon this page and although I don't want to appear narrow minded I must admit that I don't believe in past lives at all. I'm a science lover and feel that it is scientifically impossible for past lives to exist. It would be interesting to know however what it is that causes these "memories".

Baris Bicer from USA
Let me explain what a past-life really is.
A past life is a life in which you have lived in, much like how you are living now, except that you are alive in the next life. If you are killed in an accident, mudered, or killed in a war(much like the situation here) you are in the first stage of a spirit,an orb. Then the orb takes form as what you were before you died. Then when your stay on earth is over,you go to heaven. Then you stay there until a baby is developing before the baby is fully developed, God assigns you to the new human. And then a few years after you were born, memories that your soul had in the after-life remembers the second life,so is why this person remembered his past-life.

Donna Doyle from Port Talbot
I really do believe in past lives, when ever I read or see a film about Idaho I feel really homesick, my heart breaks everytime I see the name. I daydream that I was poor and lived along a dirt track and stream and I would love to walk beside the river and dirt track every day barefoot. I can feel the warmth on my body and my eyes water because of the sun shining through the trees, and there is a beautiful smell in the air. A few years ago I was watching a film and I even described the place and when it was shown I was right.

A few weeks ago I came across a web site about the Welsh people who settled in Idaho, there were hundreds who settled there including a woman called Mary Jane Daniels who died in the 1800s the spooky thing is ..... my great grandmother's name was Mary-Jane Daniels (my grandmothers mother) who was from the Rhondda Valleys. Although the lady who settled in Idaho wasn't my great grandmother. I would like to think that with all these co-incidences I may well have been Mary-Jane Daniels in my past life.

Gautam Lahiri - Calcutta, IndiaI remember, I had visited in the winter of 1999, the Agra Fort in Agra in India. I was travelling with my friends and kept on telling them about the halls, the pathways inside the fort as if I knew the fort like the palm of my hand. This was my first ever visit and everyone was surprised at my accuracy. I surely believe, it's something to do with past life
Trishia
I went to Leicester many years ago for the very first time in my life. I knew instantly I had been before but I hadn't. I spent many years going to places I'd never been before but knew all about them. Do you think this is weird?

Claire Govilon
Wow how cool. I totally believe in past lives and that is very cool and I imagine very rare that you've had visions of your past life.

Kirsty Theobald - Haverhill
Wow, that's wierd, I believe fully in past lives and am very interested in the subject. I am hoping to go to a hypnotist soon!

Personally i know one friend in India ...who died in Train Accident...in his past life..
and his wife(she is now old).. and son from past life still alive....
they meet each other..and he remember everything from past life...