eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old July 28th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in "all accounts gets settled here in this life time?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by max de Indiana

Kuchh aur logon ki Raay iss bare main
Donna Doyle from Port Talbot
I really do believe in past lives, when ever I read or see a film about Idaho I feel really homesick, my heart breaks everytime I see the name. I daydream that I was poor and lived along a dirt track and stream and I would love to walk beside the river and dirt track every day barefoot. I can feel the warmth on my body and my eyes water because of the sun shining through the trees, and there is a beautiful smell in the air. A few years ago I was watching a film and I even described the place and when it was shown I was right.

A few weeks ago I came across a web site about the Welsh people who settled in Idaho, there were hundreds who settled there including a woman called Mary Jane Daniels who died in the 1800s the spooky thing is ..... my great grandmother's name was Mary-Jane Daniels (my grandmothers mother) who was from the Rhondda Valleys. Although the lady who settled in Idaho wasn't my great grandmother. I would like to think that with all these co-incidences I may well have been Mary-Jane Daniels in my past life.

Gautam Lahiri - Calcutta, IndiaI remember, I had visited in the winter of 1999, the Agra Fort in Agra in India. I was travelling with my friends and kept on telling them about the halls, the pathways inside the fort as if I knew the fort like the palm of my hand. This was my first ever visit and everyone was surprised at my accuracy. I surely believe, it's something to do with past life
Trishia
I went to Leicester many years ago for the very first time in my life. I knew instantly I had been before but I hadn't. I spent many years going to places I'd never been before but knew all about them. Do you think this is weird?

Claire Govilon
Wow how cool. I totally believe in past lives and that is very cool and I imagine very rare that you've had visions of your past life.

Kirsty Theobald - Haverhill
Wow, that's wierd, I believe fully in past lives and am very interested in the subject. I am hoping to go to a hypnotist soon!

Personally i know one friend in India ...who died in Train Accident...in his past life..
and his wife(she is now old).. and son from past life still alive....
they meet each other..and he remember everything from past life...
but most important of them all......

dhurandhar from Echarcha

I remember that in my previous life I was a potter and Max was my good for nothing donkey....I used to beat him with sticks so that he would haul soil and earth for me from the pit to my workshop...but instead he would keep giving me this stupid lectures on karma....I kept on tolerating it until it started preaching about law of karma to other donkeys...now all donkeys were on strike...so to make an example of punishment...I had Max beaten mercilessly into a pulp....then I had other donkeys witness that I actually cooked and ate the donkey meat

But because Max's last words were karma and crap....I am sure he was reborn as a veggie zealot somewhere...strangely enough he has chosen the name Max and appears to preach about ghasphoos on echarcha
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
but most important of them all......

dhurandhar from Echarcha

I remember that in my previous life I was a potter and Max was my good for nothing donkey....I used to beat him with sticks so that he would haul soil and earth for me from the pit to my workshop...but instead he would keep giving me this stupid lectures on karma....I kept on tolerating it until it name Max and appears to preach about ghasphoos on echarcha

Good dhurru that you remember your past life...me too

but you missing one thing
I was a potter and you were my Gadhi...not Gadha

please correct it...

Dhurru..i was thinking about you..why you still not critisized me
but now you are on the way....why because of my past karmas...
i used to beat you in past life...now you are taking revange..by critisizing me.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Banned

zyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond repute

I fully believe in this theory .To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction .

Jaisee karnee waisii bharnii , Boya payR babool kaa toh aam kahaan tae paaye .Jaisa bovogay waisa kaatogay...Bhagwaan kay ghar dayr hai but andher nain ...oopar waale ki laathi may awaaz nahin hoti...aasmaan pur thookogay toh khud pay giregaa...

So one should treat others as one wants others to treat him.

PS Bhagwaan/Oopar waala here is used in the metaphorical sense not literal sense as most here believe.

The fact is that God / Bhagwaan / Allah / whatever is just an assumption , of the intellectually challenged.

Last edited by zyzzva; May 7th, 2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: yaar yeh there and their maa chodh dete hai hur baar
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I was reading something and a statement stuck to my mind.

The gist was - All things, all scores, all accounts get settled in this life time. Not in the after life, not in the next birth, nothing. All happens here, all ends here.

Many folks believe in 'paap' (sins) and 'punya' (good deeds) and accrue good deeds to ensure a peaceful after life or next birth or a good end to life when the time comes.

What do you think? Have you thoiught on these lines? Do you think your account will be settled here on this Earth before you depart for your heavenly abode?
True. But those actions that do not get settled, are carried over to the next life.
I have myself been subject to punishment, which I have no idea why. I have thought over this over many years, even becoming a philosopher in doing so.
Must be from my deeds in the past life.

Old May 21st, 2013, 11:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
... I have seen dirty rotten scoundrels get away with anything and not suffer a wee bit, ...
just cuz you are not privy to all their punishment does not validate your assumption.

Old May 21st, 2013, 09:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat View Post
True. But those actions that do not get settled, are carried over to the next life.
I have myself been subject to punishment, which I have no idea why. I have thought over this over many years, even becoming a philosopher in doing so.
Must be from my deeds in the past life.
They are carried over to subsequent births. There are three types of karma -

1. Sanchita Karma - is the accumulated karma. It would be impossible to experience and endure all karmas in one lifetime. From this stock of sanchita karma, a handful is taken out to serve one lifetime and this handful of actions, which have begun to bear fruit and which will be exhausted only on their fruit being enjoyed and not otherwise, is known as prarabdha karma.

2. Prarabdha Karma - Fruit-bearing karma is the portion of accumulated karma that has "ripened" and appears as a particular problem in the present life.

3. Kriyamana Karma - is everything that we produce in the current life. All kriyamana karmas flow in to sanchita karma and consequently shape our future. Only in human life we can change our future destiny. After death we lose Kriya Shakti (ability to act) and do (kriyamana) karma until we are born again in another human body.

It is like maintaining bank pass book.. We keep on accumulating debit and credit. Once one birth is over, that pass book balance is carried over to next page for new birth and we face the situations according to debit and credit of our past lives.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungalprasad View Post

1. Sanchita Karma - is the accumulated karma. It would be impossible to experience and endure all karmas in one lifetime. From this stock of sanchita karma, a handful is taken out to serve one lifetime and this handful of actions, which have begun to bear fruit and which will be exhausted only on their fruit being enjoyed and not otherwise, is known as prarabdha karma.

2. Prarabdha Karma - Fruit-bearing karma is the portion of accumulated karma that has "ripened" and appears as a particular problem in the present life.

3. Kriyamana Karma - is everything that we produce in the current life. All kriyamana karmas flow in to sanchita karma and consequently shape our future. Only in human life we can change our future destiny. After death we lose Kriya Shakti (ability to act) and do (kriyamana) karma until we are born again in another human body.

It is like maintaining bank pass book.. We keep on accumulating debit and credit. Once one birth is over, that pass book balance is carried over to next page for new birth and we face the situations according to debit and credit of our past lives.
nice.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:29 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

Good example.
Pushing it little further, if the next birth is non-human, it must mean that there is no credit column available on those pages.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat View Post
Good example.
Pushing it little further, if the next birth is non-human, it must mean that there is no credit column available on those pages.
Chance of getting next birth as non-human is only when you have accumulated heinous acts/karmas or say you have got animal instinct and act accordingly. Offcourse there will be only debit entries on your passbook.

Since non human beings have no thinking capabilities, you end up adding more debit with zero credit. If not more debit, you will suffer for past heinous acts the whole life like miserable animals.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:02 PM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
nice.
Imran Hashmi? haha
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:13 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Saarji,rules have changed
The more paap u do the more human birth you have to suffer,Non Human birth is gift for good deeds in this birth.

I think your karma also decides where you are to be born,we were ghor paapis in previous life so thats the reason we are born and have to live in India under the congress raaj
Wondering what karma Sonia Gandhi and her Pappu had in their previous birth that they get to rule we fools
Quote:
Chance of getting next birth as non-human is only when you have accumulated heinous acts/karmas or say you have got animal instinct and act accordingly. Offcourse there will be only debit entries on your passbook.

Since non human beings have no thinking capabilities, you end up adding more debit with zero credit. If not more debit, you will suffer for past heinous acts the whole life like miserable animals.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The next birth (reincarnation) has always troubled me. if we believe in reincarnation, we also believe in the concept of hell, purgatory and heaven. Right? Now, lets say I sinned (a grave one at that), will I go to hell, get punished and then take rebirth?

How does this accumulation of karma work in next birth?
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
The next birth (reincarnation) has always troubled me. if we believe in reincarnation, we also believe in the concept of hell, purgatory and heaven. Right? Now, lets say I sinned (a grave one at that), will I go to hell, get punished and then take rebirth?

How does this accumulation of karma work in next birth?
There's is nothing like karma... Its pure chance, I feel... You (or I) die... Get degenerated to basic elements... And these same basic elements will somehow come together to become a part of new body...!! How they become a part of a new body is purely probabilistic...!!
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Karma is very realistic - it does not even have to come from any book.
You will get what you are working for in most cases.
And I am not talking about degeneration and creation of body.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
There's is nothing like karma... Its pure chance, I feel... You (or I) die... Get degenerated to basic elements... And these same basic elements will somehow come together to become a part of new body...!! How they become a part of a new body is purely probabilistic...!!
so you say that everything is random and nothing is predetermined?