eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Green Card

Notices

Green Card Discuss all things about the coveted card which is no longer green in color!

Old January 11th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Junior eCharchan

Mitchell_Bhai is on a distinguished road
Worth immigrating to canada?

Is it worth immigrating to canada? GC seems to be taking too long in US. Anyone here knows someone who immigrated to canada from US? If so how was the experience?
Old January 11th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Worth immigrating to canada?

you are thinking about going one step down while most of the people here would like to step up
Old January 11th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

BKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell_Bhai View Post
Is it worth immigrating to canada? GC seems to be taking too long in US. Anyone here knows someone who immigrated to canada from US? If so how was the experience?
If U R uncertain about job and not working on Thekedari( I mean S/W Consultant aka Gate Hiring guy) then it is not a bad option as a standby.

IF you have regular Job on H1 and get laid off for some reason, it becomes tought to get a New H1 transfer filing within 30 days.

Have lot of know people done that....it is always a better option than going back to India; Unless You have any compulsion to stay in India
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I know folks who had H1B and GC was in process. At that time this one year extension at a time to your H1 if GC in process was not there. So they went to Canada. Worked outy of Canada office of the company. Aftere 18 months they got a fresh H1 and came back. Then later theire GC was done. Consult an immigration lawyer for your specific situation before you begin any process.

Over last few years I don't know the job situation in Canada, so consider if there are enough opportunities. From friends who have done the temporary Canada thing, the phrase one used is 'its a good enough holding cell before you get released back in US.'
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:59 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

Canada too is currently in recession (Link). Some more relevant info here:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I...ow/3885160.cms
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of

Quote:
pl do not decide ur future by reading news items.....
better go directly to Canadian-Indian immigrant discussion forum..as they have many expert to help you for free.
http://www.canadiandesi.com/forum.php

in my opinion...if you really decided to settle in Canada....
the best provinces to migrate are Saskatchewan and Alberta...

Saskatchewan's economy Booming these days.

for job search you can try with
www.jobry.com
&
www.saskjobs.ca

Last edited by max de Indiana; January 11th, 2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Junior eCharchan

charminar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hi Man i moved to Calgary Alberta from Dallas a year ago and so for things are good.

I found Calgary is costly compared to Dallas,weather is cold over here, Again you have advantages and disadvantages.

I moved here after finding a job, if you can do the same that will be excellent as jobs are less in canada when compared to US
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
you are thinking about going one step down while most of the people here would like to step up
I know. However, I have canadian PR since almost 3 years ago. You have to move to canada within 3 years in order to maintain canadian PR otherwise they revoke it. This was mostly meant to be a backup incase I lose my job. I need to make a decision in the next 2 months incase I want to maintain the canadian PR. Most probably I will not move as it will be too big of a hassle.

Does anyone here know that once a person with a canadian PR gives it up, it is possible to reapply after some time.
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of

Quote:
I know. However, I have canadian PR since almost 3 years ago. You have to move to canada within 3 years in order to maintain canadian PR otherwise they revoke it. This was mostly meant to be a backup incase I lose my job. I need to make a decision in the next 2 months incase I want to maintain the canadian PR. Most probably I will not move as it will be too big of a hassle.

Does anyone here know that once a person with a canadian PR gives it up, it is possible to reapply after some time.
check thisone
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/newcome...sp#lose_status
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by max de Indiana View Post
Thanks. But it still doesn't answer the question as to whether I can reapply again after once losing my current canadian PR.
Old January 12th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Banned

you need to search

u will find all answers of all ur question in Govt website

www.cic.gc.ca
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in IT don't go to Canada if you don't have to. There are no IT jobs there and life sucks.
If GC takes long time, so what ? If you have survived here on H1 for 4-5 years you cannot last more ?
I know the lure of GC where you can work any job or your wife can work..... But remeber nothing pays more then IT. So if you have that freedom to do any job in Canada , what job will you do ? $9/ hr ?
What kind of job will your wife do ? Wal-mart ? If you want your wife tyo work here too hten train her in IT and someone will do her H1

Worst case scenario, go back to INdia and come back here.

My 0.02 in american currency not canadian.......

Don't get swayed. Look at your options.

Only loosers who cannot make it US go to Canada. It is afterall a poor man's US anyways.

And Mitchell let's be a winner ........
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
If you are in IT don't go to Canada if you don't have to. There are no IT jobs there and life sucks.
If GC takes long time, so what ? If you have survived here on H1 for 4-5 years you cannot last more ?
I know the lure of GC where you can work any job or your wife can work..... But remeber nothing pays more then IT. So if you have that freedom to do any job in Canada , what job will you do ? $9/ hr ?
What kind of job will your wife do ? Wal-mart ? If you want your wife tyo work here too hten train her in IT and someone will do her H1

Worst case scenario, go back to INdia and come back here.

My 0.02 in american currency not canadian.......

Don't get swayed. Look at your options.

Only loosers who cannot make it US go to Canada. It is afterall a poor man's US anyways.

And Mitchell let's be a winner ........
Your post stinks of indirectness

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Your post stinks of indirectness
Well here's direct .....

You are a rascist bigot.

Maxi is Hypocritical Wedgie Moron freak......

Marv is Congress chamcha...........

Echarcha thinks he is the next Howard Stern.....

Landya is boring philosopher.........

Har Har is flop story writer......

Aur kya bolu ........
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Well here's direct .....

You are a rascist bigot.

Maxi is Hypocritical Wedgie Moron freak......

Marv is Congress chamcha...........

Echarcha thinks he is the next Howard Stern.....

Landya is boring philosopher.........

Har Har is flop story writer......

Aur kya bolu ........
and you are a perfect A1 liar... and a poor judge of truth... and you will be snoring even when reality comes right up to you and smacks you up your base.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless